What did you shoot today?

95 on a course where my previous best was a 115. Coulda, woulda, shoulda been lower but I’ll take it

While I have been hitting a lot of balls in the backyard, I went out Friday and played my first round of golf in at least 15 years. I shot 40/49=89. I was absolutely astounded. I was hoping to break 100 but never did I think I'd break 90. I then proceeded to go out this afternoon and shoot 50 on 9 holes. I love this game.

85. Par 3 ‘s haunted me . Two doubles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 - 38 - 75 playing with only 6 clubs (3w, 4h. 7i, PW, 58*, Putter) in the bag. 3 birdies, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

39/38 = 77 from our tips.

In preparation for our club championship, I played every hole from the back part of the tee box regardless where the markers were. Made the course longer and it played tougher due also to thicker/higher rough and greens faster than at any point all season.

12/14 fairways
9/18 greens
3 birds
2 doubles, one ball OB

Last edited:
Another 71 (-1). That's a couple of stellar rounds in a row. Great putting day with the Toulon SL Portland.

Another low quality mess last night, 87. Yuck.

I was heading for my personal best round going into 16 (I was -2) and doubled the final three holes, which are relatively easy holes, to finish with a 75. Most disappointing finish that I can remember. All in all a good round, with 5 birdies, but man my first round in the 60's would have been something.

Shot an ugly 43/43-86 on Monday. Had 29 putts (one 3 putt), but that's only because I couldn't hit a green to save my life. I hit 1 fairway all day and only 4 GIR. Carded 6 double bogies, 2 bogies, and 10 pars. Ugly, ugly, ugly...

The one bright side? I did that from 6,970 yards. It was definitely a little out of my comfort zone and it's good to know I can play AWFUL and still shoot mid-80's from that distance.

39 - 39 - 78. Much windier today than it has been lately thanks to Dorian. 2 birdies, 8 pars and 8 bogeys.

42 (+6 9-holes). 5 pars, 2 bogeys, 2 doubles. 3 penalties. Only 15 putts! Sprayed my driver on a few holes, and that cost me. But I did hit some nice recovery shots. Good things to build on and some swing issues to continue to iron out.

87 today with 9 pars, 5 bogeys, and 4 blowups. My putting was terrible today but redoubled my efforts after doubles on 14 & 15. Started and finished with 3 consecutive pars.

37 - 38 - 75. Battled a rather large hook with irons for a good part of the round but the short game was there to bail me out numerous times. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 6 bogeys.

41/45 - 86 this afternoon. I had a triple and two doubles that sunk my back nine. Happy with the round overall, just need to cleanup those holes that I was leaking oil.

34-42 today with 2 birdies. Birdied the first 2 holes and then had 8 straight pars and then got on the bogey train starting on hole 11.

37 - 39 - 76. Was rolling along pretty well until 4 straight bogeys on the back 9. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

Shot a 38 with 3 bogies and 1 birdie. Putting was pretty bad but driver was on fire.

84- 41/43, Driver was working well, greens were recently punched so putting was a bumpy ride. No 3 jacks though!

A loooooooong day today. 36 holes on 2 hours of sleep...wouldn’t have it any other way.
First round at fox meadows shot an ugly 78
Second round at Weymouth went 40-32 for an even par 72 with 4 straight birdies on 13-16. Great all around day with THPers

Even par with some of my best ball striking of the year. I stumbled upon my Impact Snap training aid a few days ago in the basement after not seeing it since our move 15 months ago. After just a couple swings with it I realized my hand action through impact was not correct. I was not supinating my left hand/wrist through impact. I had a great long range session on Thursday to correct it and only missed a few shots on my Friday round. I’m hitting my irons farther and my only missed greens were over the green because of my new found distance. I’m very excited to get back out there because all my clubs are going farther and straighter. I hit my 231 yard approach on the par 5 18th hole to 4 feet and missed the eagle putt.

pretty terrible day for me. course was overseeded, and the rough ate my lunch. some good shots, but a lot of things got in my head and made it a struggle. i haven’t totaled it but i don’t think i broke 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First time I have played without a laser in over two years. I shot a 40-36-76. Not bad considering I was walking off yardages. I actually kind of liked it.

OGputtnfool;n8899140 said:
Shot an ugly 43/43-86 on Monday. Had 29 putts (one 3 putt), but that's only because I couldn't hit a green to save my life. I hit 1 fairway all day and only 4 GIR. Carded 6 double bogies, 2 bogies, and 10 pars. Ugly, ugly, ugly...

The one bright side? I did that from 6,970 yards. It was definitely a little out of my comfort zone and it's good to know I can play AWFUL and still shoot mid-80's from that distance.

So, I went out at 1800 yesterday to see how many holes I could get in. Played the same course as ^^^ and set off from the black tees. Shot a 40 for my first 9 holes and still had a little light left so I made the turn back to the front. Got U&D for par on 1, bogied 2, routine pars on 3 and 4. Started losing light fast after 4. Routine bogey from the fringe on 5, three putt bogey on 6. On 7, I probably should have packed it in, but decided to give it a go. Couldn't see much so I hit 3wd. I had a 180y carry over water so I pulled 3wd hoping to be able to control it a little better and, hopefully, find it. I hooked the ever living crap out of it, but found it 198y away in the left rough... but dry. I hit a nice 4h that left me a 7i to the green. I pulled the 7i and nuked it in the back left bunker. Two shots out of the bunker to the fringe, a chip with the putter from the fringe, and one putt and I was down with a double. I didn't get the last two holes in, but, all in all, I ended up +9 for 16 holes. If I would have called it a day after 13 holes, I was only +5. Should have done it since the low light wasn't helping me any and I was simply rushing to get the holes in. Anyway, I feel much better and I think I'm gonna start playing that course from the tips more often.

Shot a 45 on my home course, 3 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles and no penalties.

Not sure what to think of this round but it reinforces a post I made in another topic. Some of my better scores involve nothing memorable in the way of really good shots but instead include a tighter variance with the misses. I didn't make very good contact on any of my full swings and some were pretty bad. But all the bad shots went straight enough and long enough to card a better than usual score for this year.

I only pulled the driver for two holes and both of those required punch-outs, so a little luck they were still in play. My iron and hybrid swing is as bad as it's been in several years and both require a lot of compensations (not sure how to fix that). But my short game was probably as good as it can possibly be today. Landed every chip where I wanted to (still cannot control roll) and lag putted very well. I did miss one short putt but still had confidence with the putter.

Only played 9 holes yesterday but shot a gross +4

2 bogeys, 1 double bogey and 6 pars

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Back