What did you shoot today?

What was going on out there? Kid getting in your head with some trash talk or something?
Screenshot_20200531-092933_Golf Pad.jpg
Not really. The quad was early and that hole is just tough. I went right, which isn't the end of the world, but topped my recovery. Then my 5wd caught a branch about 20y in front and I thinned my GW over the green. Pitched up and missed the putt. Just two bad breaks in the same hole.
Screenshot_20200531-093113_Golf Pad.jpg
I doubled ten after a flubbed fairway bunker shot with the 4h. Hit my 3rd over the green, then what I thought was a good pitch, but it stopped about 15' above the hole and I missed the putt.
Screenshot_20200531-093513_Golf Pad.jpg
The 2nd double needs no pic. Just dumped a ball into the water fronting a par 3. Pitched up and two putted.

The triple included a drive pulled into the hazard, a penalty for moving a ball at rest, and a horrible toed 6i, I think.
Screenshot_20200531-093611_Golf Pad.jpg
It wasn't his trash talk, but his incessant pessimism did start to get to me on the back.

View attachment 8946621
Not really. The quad was early and that hole is just tough. I went right, which isn't the end of the world, but topped my recovery. Then my 5wd caught a branch about 20y in front and I thinned my GW over the green. Pitched up and missed the putt. Just two bad breaks in the same hole.
View attachment 8946622
I doubled ten after a flubbed fairway bunker shot with the 4h. Hit my 3rd over the green, then what I thought was a good pitch, but it stopped about 15' above the hole and I missed the putt.
View attachment 8946623
The 2nd double needs no pic. Just dumped a ball into the water fronting a par 3. Pitched up and two putted.

The triple included a drive pulled into the hazard, a penalty for moving a ball at rest, and a horrible toed 6i, I think.
View attachment 8946624
It wasn't his trash talk, but his incessant pessimism did start to get to me on the back.
Looks like it was fun. I don't think I've ever hit a hybrid out of a fairway bunker. I'm not sure it would even occur to me.

Looks like it was fun. I don't think I've ever hit a hybrid out of a fairway bunker. I'm not sure it would even occur to me.

The 4h is my 195-200 club. I think I had 190 to carry the green on that line and I was into the wind so I figured I'd be good. Didn't work out as planned. Had a decent lie. The sand was hardpan and I was basically hitting off concrete. I, actually, got really lucky with where it ended up. If I hadn't screwed up the GW, I'd have been fine.

FACAE0D9-8CB8-4427-8B93-E8B52A6F940A.jpeg
42/47/89 yesterday. Mixed round. Managed my third straight round with a birdie, which I think is a record. Fell apart on the back. Lost focus and my swing. Did about 4 hours of yardwork in the morning, which may have contributed.

Rough was crazy thick and punishing. 34 putts with the TT Ten for the first time using it. Three 3 putts - struggled with distance control on long putts, but the greens were bumpy and inconsistent. Course was only $28 with a cart, but doubt I’ll be going back because it was incredibly boring. As you can see on the map, almost every hole was perfectly straight.
EA4703F6-49E2-4DBA-B521-58B728E3AF24.png

Just finished Jack Frost National for the first time. Shot a 76 and truly happy with the result. 25 mph winds 48° and super fast greens.
Driver was clutch all day. Back nine my irons were very sharp. I lost the most strokes on the front. After the second hole I was cramped up from the wind and cold. Did loosen up again till the 8th hole. Then played -2 the rest of the way.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Played a Course today that I have not really ever liked but it is in the rotation of the points game and it is in really good condition for the area.

@Thechosen1 came over and played with my two buddies and I and put on a show, he shot two under par 35 /35 on a course he has never seen before. It was a blast to watch him attack the Course, he was on or nearly on every Par 5 in three and birdied all of them.

I did my normal chopping around for a 43/43 and was pretty happy with that since it was the 1st round with the new iron shafts. It is inspiring to see that the game can be played correctly without a lot of stress, the music was playing and we just had a great time.

Even my friends that are 79 & 80 enjoyed the relaxed way (music, laughs) Bryan took the Course apart.

Shot 44/42 for an 86. Drive it well but my putter let me down today

44/41 for 85. I think I figured out that my right hand grip was too weak; I modified it and was hitting the ball much better than I have been.

40 - 36 - 76. Was a little tired from playing for the 5th straight day so got a little sloppy at times. 3 birdies, 8 pars and 7 bogeys.

After a solid league round Thursday, I crapped the bed Saturday. After months of the driver being completely automatic I couldn't get off the tee at all. Crowd pleasing 89 that could have been worse if not for some lucky bounces.

+9 over 9 for a 45...squandered some opportunities to shave strokes off but oh well, it was a fun round.

41/42=83 Kind of an up and down round. Had a nice string of pars, but also had back to back double bogeys :banghead: Was doing pretty well until the wind really picked up and being tired didn't help.

76 today, kind of a meh day..

Took advantage of cooler weather. Upper 80's. I'm happy that I've been real steady the last few months. But still can't reach my goal of being a bogey golfer. Got off to a good start by my standards with two pars and a bogey on the first 3 holes. But found water and sand on the 4th hole for a triple. Ended up with another 93 for the day.

Again, my best club was the driver. Hit 11 of 14 fairways anywhere from 220-250 from the white tees. But my irons were not good. Too many pulls and pushes. At least I haven't been shanking much if at all. My putter coulda been better too. a couple 3 putts and not enough 1 putts. I only had one more par after the two on holes 1 and 3. But I was very steady on the back nine. 8 straight bogeys only to double the last hole. Went 47/46.

Not disappointed because I know I'm on the verge of breaking 90. Before, whenever I got this close my scores would creep back up. This time it feels different. My chips around the green are so much better than before. I'm no longer to the point where I have to remind myself to keep my head down on chips. Its coming more naturally. No shanks today. All good contact. Just gotta get the distance control down better.

Walked 36 on a glorious day! 75-78 temp, light winds, and not a cloud in the sky. The only drawback was I should have applied more sunscreen. I have a solid tan line at my ankle.

1st round: 41/41 with a triple on 18. That hole has my number at the moment.

We stopped by the clubhouse and asked about going out again. The staff chuckled (we know them really well) and said the sheet is completely full. We politely challenged them to make it happen while we went to get a beer. For the record, you're not supposed to loiter, there are no chairs on the patio (opens tomorrow), and you supposed to stand 6' apart. We chatted with the restaurant manager about the insane rules they'll be dealing with tomorrow when the patio opens but that content is for another thread. :) Anyway, we finished our dogs and beer and the pro shop attendant approached us. We have a tee time for right now. Sweet!

2nd round: 40/45 with another triple on 18. Ugh!!! My iron play was so-so but my putting was solid.

2 days off and then a team match on Wednesday.

20200531_192912.jpg

Ran over to a range to work on some things and kill some boredom, but decided to just play an iron only 9. Still can't putt on that course. It's too slow. Fun to practice play though, instead of trying to really play. Hot streak has lasted longer than I ever hoped and I feel a little burned out on it. Bogeyed the hole that always eats my lunch. Apparently not hitting driver into trouble on it still doesn't help.

Last edited:
78 with no birdies. Need to get my putter going besides some par'saves.

40 - 36 - 76. Was a little tired from playing for the 5th straight day so got a little sloppy at times. 3 birdies, 8 pars and 7 bogeys.
I'd take your definition of sloppy any day of the week :cool:

Played two rounds of 18 today. First round had some crazy wind. Shot a pretty poor 88.
Went back out because I thought I left a lot out there and shot an 81. Still left a ton out there but felt a little better about it

Mundane 86. Not much exciting. I found out why my driving distance is suffering though. I moved the weights in my R15 and shards of metal fell out. I’m taking that as not a good sign.

So the hunt for a new rifle begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back