What did you shoot today?

A good solid 76. 37/39.

88 today had some trouble on the short par 3 shots. 4-3 putts and 4 doubles. Had some crazy wind for 6 holes or so. Still better than being at home!

The rain stopped long enough to sneak out for 9 this evening!

39. That’s with a triple on the first, but two birdies. I’m loving the Mizuno MP-57 irons combined with my new swing. Also, putting continues to help in close.

44 + 40 = 84. A bad drive (OB) on 3 and a missed 3-footer on 16 were costly. 9/14 fairways but only 4 GIRs,

Partial wedges were really crisp today, but I kept hitting them a little long. Otherwise, just a little off for most of the day.

44 + 40 = 84. A bad drive (OB) on 3 and a missed 3-footer on 16 were costly. 9/14 fairways but only 4 GIRs,

Partial wedges were really crisp today, but I kept hitting them a little long. Otherwise, just a little off for most of the day.
Good stuff...keep grinding sub 80 is close

After shooting 79 at a friends course on Saturday, I was back out yesterday at my home course with Jen and shot a slightly disappointing 84 - but the further in to the round I got the more I struggled with my back nerve/muscle problems so I was having issues even swinging the club at times

It was a bit disappointing as I started with a birdie, then followed that with 5 straight pars, before a bad swing on the par 3 7th hole saw a ball OOB and I finished with a double after just missing a putt to save a bogey

3 lost balls all resulted in double bogeys - 7th OOB, 15th found the water on my approach to the par 5 green, then on the 18th I aimed up the left as I had been hitting a fade all day (fairway slopes from left to right) and promptly hit a draw into the bushes....

I am suffering today, so I am glad I am not playing tonight, but I do have a tee time booked for tomorrow evening after work so I will be doing a lot of stretching over the next 36 hours or so to try and get my back loosened up again - guess my body isn't used to playing 10 days out of 14 after a few months off..... :beat-up:

First game back after the break was 87 which flattered me a little bit. Was very very rusty and suffered a few pushes right, but started gradually loosening up over the back 9. Once the range here opens up again I'll be spending some time grooving the swing a little bit again, and hopefully knocking on the door of 80 by the time the summer draws to a close.

I fired my usual ho hum 82 yesterday but my best bud was on fire. What heartbreak though. On the 18th hole he had two putts for a 72! He looked down at the ball he was about to mark.....wrong ball! Oh man, our rough is nasty thick right now and he went to where his drive ran off the fairway and found what he thought was his.

It was just a casual round and I told him it was as good as a 72 to to me but it was of little solace. You gotta check that ball every time folks.

Played 2 9's today, the first being a Par 3 course. Shot a 32 for the front 9, which is +5. I used this as the warm up for the next 9 on the full course

For the full course front 9 I shot a 35, which is Level Par, 2 birdies and 2 bogeys with 5 pars.

According to Golfshot that has droped my HI from 11.5 to 10.9

Really enjoyed todays round, next out on Friday

78. 40/38. Should have been a really low round but burned a lot of edges and left too many right on the doorstep with the putter. Ball striking was really good today.

The tale of 2 9's yesterday.
Front 9 - 4 bogeys and 2 birdies - 2 over = 38
Back 9 - 1 bogey and 1 birdie - Even par = 36

Low round of the year so far.... 2 over = 74

Pretty lousy 82 today 42/40. Being +5 on par 3's will do that to you. :rolleyes:

40/36-76 with two doubles and an eagle mixed in there lmao

Then...

35/38-73 that was pretty boring.

by my mastery of geography the central location is Pinehurst

Man you guys are going to be giving me double digit pops haha
Pretty sure the middle is like... St Louis lmao

Crazy maths.

Shot 85 yesterday & it was definitely a tale of two nines. Shout 39 on the front then the wheels fell off. After looking at the scorecard I think someone else might have been out there swinging the club for me.

just had sand in my head the first 8 holes and was 11 over, then played the last 10 in 2 over. What a game this is, jeez.

92... Missed the green to the left on the par 3 14th and I couldn't find the ball among the dandelions... And I couldn't bother going back to the tee so I wrote down a painful 8..

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

It was a WTF day. Had to play the front 9 twice because they were aerating the back. Shot a 46 first time around (+9), 50 the second time around. The front 9 has the #1, 3 and 5 handicap holes, and I tripled the #1 handicap hole both times (I don't always hit a draw - but when I do, there's water to the left!). 5 pars, 7 bogeys, 6 others (including 3 triples).

20200601_154326.jpg

Kind of did something today.

Played a different ball and was absolutely crushing it, which was weird. Hurt me on a couple par 3s and one 57 yd pitch, but helped in a lot of other ways. Drives were 11 yds over my average.

The number is a personal best. Forgot it'll be my last round there for a while until the clubhouse gal asked me. Good one to end on. Definitely haven't felt particularly challenged by it lately. Only two real missed fairways and I'm not sure I had an actual chip on a missed GIR (edit: did, first hole of the day, and used a wedge from the fringe on the second). Was on the near fringe on the most of the rest.

And honestly, it is really tempting not to post that score. I will, and I'm saying this to make sure I will, but it's really gonna F me if I go cold. Lol

Last edited:
Back