What did you shoot today?

View attachment 8946892

Kind of did something today.

Played a different ball and was absolutely crushing it, which was weird. Hurt me on a couple par 3s and one 57 yd pitch, but helped in a lot of other ways. Drives were 11 yds over my average.

The number is a personal best. Forgot it'll be my last round there for a while until the clubhouse gal asked me. Good one to end on. Definitely haven't felt particularly challenged by it lately.

And honestly, it is really tempting not to post that score. I will, and I'm saying this to make sure I will, but it's really gonna F me if I go cold. Lol
Congrats on the PB, that's a great round.

White claws on a Monday afternoon. I don't see why not

80 at work this course is really growing on me . Sets up solid for my ball flight

+9, 45

3 each, par, bogey, double

3 fairways and two GiR.

I wasn’t going to go today, but I reconsidered after work so I took a last minute tee time. I shot my personal best, which included a double bogey, two birdies, and an eagle on the 9th!

Ended with a 35! My first time under par!!

New swing is feeling very good, and it all fell into place tonight.

1 under with a double yesterday. I had a good week last week playing 5 days in a row and having two rounds under par and two at even par.

Walked 36 on a glorious day! 75-78 temp, light winds, and not a cloud in the sky. The only drawback was I should have applied more sunscreen. I have a solid tan line at my ankle.

I remember 30 years ago I walked 36 holes. Then played a softball game that night. Those days are over now. I can walk 18 but the hips and back does hurt. Some arthritis in them. My push cart has a spring loaded seat. That seat has been a lifesaver for me. I could do 18 without it but I'd be hurting so much the game takes a back seat to the pain. Did it once when I forgot to throw the seat in with the cart one time. I had go down on one knee to rest a lot. Kinda takes away from the focus of hitting the ball.

just had sand in my head the first 8 holes and was 11 over, then played the last 10 in 2 over. What a game this is, jeez.

The back nine has always been easier for me on my home course. The front nine has some holes that are typically harder for my game. A couple months ago I shot the best front nine I have ever had there. A 41. Finished the front with 5 straight pars after a rough start. Figured I was gonna finally break 90. Then proceeded to shoot 50 on the back for a 91. A quadruple bogey on 10 and triple bogey on 11. No recovering from that. I learned since then never to say the first 4 holes on the back nine are scoring holes for me. Whenever I say that I butcher at least a couple of them. :mad:

1 under with a double yesterday. I had a good week last week playing 5 days in a row and having two rounds under par and two at even par.
That's a heck of a week.

79. 42/37. Course played very tough today with the wind. Was able to get it going pretty good on the back 9.

38 - 39 - 77. 1 birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogeys.

77 and a 75 today 🔥🔥🔥

38 - 39 - 77. 1 birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogeys.

I am usually happiest with my round when I have lots of pars. Nice job.

I remember 30 years ago I walked 36 holes. Then played a softball game that night. Those days are over now. I can walk 18 but the hips and back does hurt. Some arthritis in them. My push cart has a spring loaded seat. That seat has been a lifesaver for me. I could do 18 without it but I'd be hurting so much the game takes a back seat to the pain. Did it once when I forgot to throw the seat in with the cart one time. I had go down on one knee to rest a lot. Kinda takes away from the focus of hitting the ball.

I hope tee box benches return soon. My home course has a couple of choke points and it's nice to sit down once in a while. I was at the course for almost 9 hours on Sunday and wasn't able to sit, even when we grabbed a hotdog and beer between rounds.

I was an endurance junkie before golf and still enjoy testing myself. A buddy has a similar streak. We're going to walk 4 rounds in a day around the Summer Solstice. We'll easily cover 30 miles. We did something similar at Sand Valley last year. "Fun" part is we'll do 4 rounds x 2 consecutive days. FWIW, people at the course think we're nuts too. We'll play 4 different tee boxes starting with the tips at ~7,350 yards. Ouch. As you noted, our ability to do this has a shelf life so we're going for it while we can.

83 way too many adult beverages

An ugly 93. Had 2 birdie, but those couldn't even come close to offsetting my illustrious SIX triples.

41 in league last night. Playing consistent, just need to improve on my putting and I should start to break 40 here pretty soon!

IMG_0343.jpg

39 - 39 - 78. Really only hit one really poor shot today but my putting was piss poor at best. Just when I was starting to get some confidence back on the greens today came along. Had no ability to marry speed with line all round. Either left putts a few inches short dead in the middle of the hole or pushed or pulled putts with perfect pace. 12 pars and 6 bogeys.

Played the #1 course at a course called St Andrews Country Club. The day started out overcast and a small change of rain. Within a couple of hours the sun was out and the afternoon was terrific. I played so much better today than the first time at Hilldale back in early May. I shot 46/46 for a 92. Had 19 putts on the front and 15 on the back for 34 putts, was quite happy with the result. The Evnroll ER2 cs may stay in the bag for awhile. Am in love with that VA Composites Nemesys stiff flex shaft I put on the Cobra SZ a couple of days ago. I think I hit 11 out of 14 fairway today. Not bad for an old man. :laughing:
I might make a small change to the loft setting on the Cobra, it was at 10.5 * setting today and the ball of the face of the club was higher than I like it. probably will drop down to 9.5* for the next round. ;)

Here's looking down the fairway from the first tee.

20200603_113413.jpg

Looking down the fairway on hole #16.

20200603_145734.jpg

Played a 4 man 2 best ball and thought we were the ninth puppy of the litter until I put the scores in Golf Genius. Apparently there were more puppies in the litter and several were suffering from inability to find nourishment. Ended up OK but was hoping for way more. Should have capitalized on holes where HC strokes were given.
We have a modified Stableford in 2 weeks hopefully better then.

36/38-74

(y)

Back