What did you shoot today?

34/38 from 7000 yards. Had 5 birdies. Couple rough holes but over all a great round.

Played 4 holes. Work calls and a painfully slow pace halted my play. One, this is the danger of sneaking out to play during a work day. It sometimes doesn't pan out. And two, I am stunned by how many people are taking up golf. It is freaking me out. Group after group of new golfers in front of us. One group had 7 people; only 4 were supposed to play. Sure. In 4 holes I saw at least a dozen whiffs, a guy just miss a foursome (no fore) and hit a house, another guy standing on a tee nearly hit by a ball (no fore), another foursome nearly hit by a ball (no fore), and ball strike trajectories that defy physics. And slow play. So slow.

Played a 4 man 2 best ball and thought we were the ninth puppy of the litter until I put the scores in Golf Genius. Apparently there were more puppies in the litter and several were suffering from inability to find nourishment. Ended up OK but was hoping for way more. Should have capitalized on holes where HC strokes were given.
We have a modified Stableford in 2 weeks hopefully better then.
Update: I was obviously being too hard on myself and teammates. It turns out our team took 2nd place on the back nine. I guess I wasn't the only one struggling yesterday.

34/38-72

Had it -3 through 12 😭😭😭😭😭

76. 38/38. 2 birdies, a mix of pars and bogeys and 1 stupid double on an easy hole.

85 today . Judging distances were off today which led to higher score

Played 10 holes after work and I think I was +2/+3 as I wasn't keeping count but I did have 2 birdies in the 10 holes

Hogan’s are working good then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m smitten.

Went and played another course I havent in about a year afterwards and went 42/35 though :ROFLMAO:

43 and 44 for an 87. One of my better scores but I really wasn’t hitting it very well. The Ping will be back in play tomorrow, just because.

43 and 44 for an 87. One of my better scores but I really wasn’t hitting it very well. The Ping will be back in play tomorrow, just because.
Almost forgot the highlight of the round. On 11 a par 3 I missed the Green right. About 25 yards and a bunker in the path. I decided to go at the pin and dropped it in the hole on the fly for birdie.

36 - 36 - 72. 5 birdies, 8 pars and 5 bogeys.

49+46 = 95

I have been out about 10 times this season and this was my worst round thus far, so can't complain too much. Got out early in the day to beat the rain and jumped in as a random with a 2-some a few holes in; a retired teacher and retired mail man -- cool dudes.

First league round of the year. It was nice to be out but felt weird with all of C-19 changes.

Driver: Hit a few fairways and stroked a 274 yard drive on the last hole (uphill!) which is probably close to a PB. Misses were only slightly outside the short grass.
Irons: Rock solid and dependable. Put the 5i in the bag instead of a 5h but didn't use it. #NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Wedges: Above average, no chunked wedge shots and nailed some tricky short pitches over bunkers to the green
Putter: Totally MIA. Didn't make a single putt all night. Three birdie looks plus four par looks and 3-putted all but one of those greens. 26 putts total for 9 holes. ARGH!
Ball: Performed great, hop-and-stop on the greens even when I used a 3H. QST still rocking it.

48-46=94 Only 1 penalty. 1 birdie
Not a great round. Hit the ball well but, the biggest challenge was That I was crushing my irons TOO FAR!
hit a 6I out of the rough 194 (My 6I is 165)
Hit a wedge to a front pin 112, but hit it 141 (my PW is 110)
Hit an 8I 173! (My 8I is 135)

maybe it was the hit weather (it was 90*) or the higher humidity. But if those are my distances I am loving it!
try again next round.

Played the front 9 of a course today, would have played the full 18 but the pace of play was ridiculous, waiting for 5 minutes per shot is no fun

Shot a 38 (+2)

4 Bogeys (3 to start), 3 pars and 2 birdies (back to back)

My game is coming back, still lots of work to do though

36/36 - 72

👀 👀 👀

42-38-81. Putter was ice cold with 37 putts. Also topped three drives but all in all a good day!

43-44 for another 87. Very good for me but could have been much better. Missed putts cost me several birdies. Still made a couple. All the practice seems to be helping. Epic Flash out and Ping G410 back in. No more experiments with drive.

Finally got it below 80 again after a miserable last couple of weeks at 79, but from the back tees, so theoretically my best round of 2020

Last edited:
44-42 on a tough course, my nemesis. Struggled a bit off the tee at times, but managed to still hit 64% of fairways. Couple of penalties didn’t help. Beat the storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reposted from the Breaking 100 thread...

Back in the 100's today with a 54/50. I started off well with 4 straight bogies and then the wheels fell off. The next 4 holes were quadruple bogey, double, triple, triple, double.

I was hitting my irons decent for the 3rd consecutive round and my driver was a little better today. FW woods were terrible and I just gave up on them completely in lieu of my 4i.

So somewhat disappointed in the round overall, but encouraged that I continue to make progress with my iron play.

79. 3rd round in the 70s (barely) in the last 9. Handicap will be down and poised to lose some money with the lower cap in the next month. Guys lining up to play me. Hah!

Back