What did you shoot today?

jlew2144;n8902729 said:
Shot a PB - 39/37 for a 76

Great day!!!

Congrats! A 76 with a 12.5 is awesome! What was the course length/rating/slope?

43 after being 6 over through 4. Guess I figured out my swing errors.

Have a competitive match tomorrow via Northeast Ohio Golf Association at Firestone North tomorrow. Going to be a good time and think David Winchell is playing in it as well.

LLIB;n8902870 said:
41 which is a PB on this course.
Good playing Bill

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

88 at the championship. 2 under my handicap!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Didn't play too bad. 2 balls ob on the front for 40-37

40 - 39 - 79. Didn't play worth a darn until the 14th hole. Was 8 over thru 13 then played -1 the rest of the way. Bad case of pull hooks with everything except driver until the 14th hole when it mgically disappeared. 1 birdie, 9 pars and 8 bogeys.

jlew2144;n8902729 said:
Shot a PB - 39/37 for a 76

Great day!!!

Congrats on the PB. :clapp:

5 hour round that did not end well. 42/45-87 :banghead:

47 front..... 36 back.
11 over on the front. Even on the back after bogey on 18.

How the heck do I do this every time at this course? Worst part, I par the hardest hole on the course (my first time ever), end up just off the green in 2 on the 2nd hardest hole (also 1st time) and double bogey it.

Having not played in over a month, I was pretty happy. After 3 lost balls on the front, after stupid shots, I wanted to prove something to myself on the back.

37 - 36 = 73
32 putts no 3 putts 2/14 FIR
12/18 GIR

3 birdies no doubles.

I was spraying the ball all over the planet off the tee

lol....87 yesterday at my home course, and I only lost one ball, hard to do on this course during a good round. I was slightly over-served the previous night at a league team party, whoopty hell.

Played Las Vegas Country Club on Friday. 43/48. Started par, bridie, and then went downhill from there. Greens were in great condition. Course was a little crispy.

OGputtnfool;n8902468 said:
So, I went out at 1800 yesterday to see how many holes I could get in. Played the same course as ^^^ and set off from the black tees. Shot a 40 for my first 9 holes and still had a little light left so I made the turn back to the front. Got U&D for par on 1, bogied 2, routine pars on 3 and 4. Started losing light fast after 4. Routine bogey from the fringe on 5, three putt bogey on 6. On 7, I probably should have packed it in, but decided to give it a go. Couldn't see much so I hit 3wd. I had a 180y carry over water so I pulled 3wd hoping to be able to control it a little better and, hopefully, find it. I hooked the ever living crap out of it, but found it 198y away in the left rough... but dry. I hit a nice 4h that left me a 7i to the green. I pulled the 7i and nuked it in the back left bunker. Two shots out of the bunker to the fringe, a chip with the putter from the fringe, and one putt and I was down with a double. I didn't get the last two holes in, but, all in all, I ended up +9 for 16 holes. If I would have called it a day after 13 holes, I was only +5. Should have done it since the low light wasn't helping me any and I was simply rushing to get the holes in. Anyway, I feel much better and I think I'm gonna start playing that course from the tips more often.

Ok, so I played the same course again. Nearly 7,000 yards and yesterday the wind was blowing a little bit... maybe 15-20mph... just a slight breeze for these parts.

It was a roller coaster round. Only hit 4 fairways, but managed 8 GIR. I hit one par 5 in two, then three putted. Had 34 total putts which isn't awful, but not good either. The kicker? I had 3 doubles and two triples. The triples were caused by a shanked LW from about 70y (the third shot after a horrible drive and a layup on a 400ish yard par 4) and a lost ball yanked hard left on a par 3. The doubles were caused by a fit of topped shots (on a 570ish yard par 5), a shanked 8i (on a short par 4), and a topped/thinned 5wd off the tee into the water on a short par 4.

I did not score well, obviously, (shot an 89) but I still feel like I have the game to play this length... at least at this course where it's fairly wide open. Put me on a tighter course and that'd likely change. This course has a rating/slope of 73.8/127.

Today was one of those rounds where you just scratch your head. Played in a NOGA Stableford Tournament on the Firestone CC North Course. I had questions coming in with my driver and drove the ball exceptionally well. Didn’t lose a ball on a course that has a lot of water. However my hot putter of late went ice cold and couldn’t make a putt for the life of me. Shot 44/43 for an 87. Had several double bogeys, bogeys and 5 pars. Had several birdie looks but couldn’t make any. Overall fun day on a great course.

mmaynard11;n8903738 said:
Today was one of those rounds where you just scratch your head. Played in a NOGA Stableford Tournament on the Firestone CC North Course. I had questions coming in with my driver and drove the ball exceptionally well. Didn’t lose a ball on a course that has a lot of water. However my hot putter of late went ice cold and couldn’t make a putt for the life of me. Shot 44/43 for an 87. Had several double bogeys, bogeys and 5 pars. Had several birdie looks but couldn’t make any. Overall fun day on a great course.

The North Course can bite you in your arse.....

mbenro;n8903826 said:
The North Course can bite you in your arse.....

That it can and I prevented myself from getting into trouble. I did find a few bunkers, which got me because typically we don’t hit out of sand at our home course. Greens were a lot slower than Prestwick also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 - 37 - 77. Game just hasn't been real sharp the past couple of weeks. After hitting the driver as well for me as possible yesterday, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it on the front 9 today. 1 birdie, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Last edited:
45 - 48 - 93! This was the best round of golf I've ever played. Crazy how addicting that can make things. Even when I messed up, I knew it would work itself out. In my over confidence, I've signed up to play a really difficult course Wednesday afternoon. Reality is about to set back in.

39 - 37 - 76. Pretty pleased considering that I was 4 over through 5 and played the remaining 13 holes even par. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

91 on an easy course for a 25 differential. 47 on the front, 44 on the back. Started out with an inability to make any sort of contact with the full swing, but by the middle of the front nine I started throwing darts at the greens with wedges, short irons and even a couple long clubs. While the drastic contrast between good and bad shots seems to be a constant with my game, today was bizarre.

1) With almost zero confidence in my long irons, I pulled the 6i on #10, a 150 yard par 3 to a small green with water on 3 sides. I just accepted there'd be a water ball or, if I got lucky, a duff in front of the creek. But for the first time in weeks, I hit a pure long iron to a green which left me with maybe a 6' birdie putt (which I missed but still got par).

2) I hit probably my best ever 60° wedge on the par 4 #11. Got it over a tree hitting the collar of a short-sided green and little roll-out, which lead to a 2-putt for bogey (could have been much worse). If I took that shot 20 times, I wouldn't have been able to repeat it.

3) A weak pop up drive into the wind on 17 left me with 191 to the green but a nice lie in the middle of the fairway. I pulled the 5 wood and almost greened it, leaving a good chance for an up and down. Bad chipping and putting left me with a double, however.

4) An errant drive on 18 left me behind some trees with 185 left to the green. I haven't been able to hit my 4h worth a #!^@ for some time now but I pulled that club, took a hard swing and got great contact. I was more than a little surprised at the line it took over the trees and to within 10' of the flag (I normally hit that club about 175 with good contact). I 2-putted for par.

The short game kept me from anything more than a triple, but at the same time, prevented me from a few birdie chances. Overall, this type of round is more than I can hope for right now as ball striking is at an all-time low. So I'm grateful when it comes along.

Had a weird nice experience the other day. Played a total mental throwaway round, gave zero care and just played with my swing trying to groove something that felt good, and also brought my #2 putter just to try it again after a couple years. Have new woods and irons imminent but considering whether to keep the XR irons and BioCell+ as a backup bag. Played with my son, who in his 20s is just now learning some fundamentals, he had his best ball striking round ever, defined by solid square but might be directionally challenged. We both scored awfully, him within a known range, I lost a full box of balls and cannot remember scoring that high. But the last 4-5 holes were super solid, highlighted when we both hit the green on a 175y par 3 into a stiff breeze 17th about 5’ from one another. Fist bumps all around, even if they weren’t quality birdie length.

The B60 didn’t come as close as I’d hoped to my Anser2 milled, the latter got a cleaning when I got home lol. And the incoming with my irons RTX4 have their work cut out for them, to take over from my Glide 54 and MD2 60.

I should have walked away frustrated and down if I cared at all what i shot, but son agrees with me, it was a great day.

Last edited:
Back