What did you shoot today?

Four man play the best shot today with the senior guys. We were only under 3 on the front and the rest Pars, but got it moving on the back and got 6 under. So 9 under got 1rst place by 1 point. My putting was strong today. Smoking some long birdie putts. That really makes the game more enjoyable :cool:

Played a scramble again with the wife today. went off the back first today and shot an even par 36 and a -1 35 on the front nine for a -1 71. The wife hit her driver long and straight today. 14 of 14 fairways and one over 200 yards. Not bad for a 77 year old woman 5' 4" and 130 pounds. She was on fire today.

+2 38. I know it's because I'm comfortable at my home course, but I wish ANY part of my tee game I had tonight would show up at away courses lol

No idea what I actually shot last night during a twilight round, but it was one of the last enjoyable rounds I've had. The company was great, but the groups around us were just a-holes.
The group ahead was very much not playing ready golf at all despite their balls all being consistently in the same area (and only about 100y from the tee - so maybe they were all beginners and didn't know yet), and the group behind us kept hitting into us even though they could see on the Par 5s that we were backed up and not purposely playing slow.

Once we shed them after 10, we only had about 25mins of light so we sprinted through 3 more holes to make 13.

I can only think of only 5-6 PROPER shots being made including an absolutely laser straight, nutted 4-iron that I was very happy with, but the new 5-wood wasn't working, and my 58's mojo seems to have left me so that makes me sad.

44/41 for an 85 yesterday. Calling my game erratic would be an understatement - 3 birdies, 5 pars, 4 bogeys, 6 doubles.

82 from 7,000 yards.

Four doubles, but I actually feel pretty good about how I played.

77. 38/39. Hit the ball better today than I have been. Pretty good score on a tough course.

After Saturdays 97 ( which I did not share) came back today with an 85. If I could get my driver working and actually spend time working on my putting, I may actually become a golfer. I also did miss my first eagle with a lipped out 15 footer. Damn, I wanted that😁. Irons are working and chipping has come a long way. Can't believe I averaged over 115 before lessons last year.Screenshot_20210810-175403_18Birdies.jpg

I played the tips at my home course(6842/73.1/141) today after a 13 day forced layoff after injuring a tendon in my left elbow water skiing late last month. It was one of my better rounds of the year with 6 birdies and two bogies. I hit 15 GIR and I’m excited that my improved putting might have a chance of becoming a permanent thing now that it’s been with me for all but one of my last dozen rounds. :)

I also did miss my first eagle with a lipped out 15 footer. Damn, I wanted that😁.
I call that a "beagle". Birdie that could've/should've been an eagle. :LOL:

I played 36 today - 43/42 for an 85 and 44/42 for an 86. I was solo, the course was wide open and it wasn't that hot, and I finished my first round in just over two hours so I thought 'why not?' and played another 18. Took me 4:12 to play 36 holes.

A threesome (husband/wife and another guy) were teeing off on 1 just ahead of me, and as I drove in I had seen there were a few groups ahead of them on the front. I asked the Pro Shop if I could go off on the back 9 and he gave me the go-ahead. I played the back 9, came around to the front, and caught up to the husband/wife/other guy threesome on hole 6 - they had played 6 holes in the time it took me to play 16! (I actually started on 9, used it as a warm-up hole since the range was closed). I skipped 7 because there was no way I was going to be stuck behind them, finished the front 9, then started my second round on the back 9. I finished my second 18, loaded my clubs in the truck, turned in my cart, and they still weren't done with their round by the time I was driving out of the course.

Played poorly but had the place to ourselves. 2 of us in a cart because it was 90degrees out and we flew around until the 15th hole where it was backed up. We used the cart to our advantage to hit the road. After 15 freewheeling holes, it's agony to crawl home on the last 4 in brutal heat.

Then I came home and in between some work stuff I spoofed a THPer about his Trackman plans. Lolz!

I played 36 today - 43/42 for an 85 and 44/42 for an 86. I was solo, the course was wide open and it wasn't that hot, and I finished my first round in just over two hours so I thought 'why not?' and played another 18. Took me 4:12 to play 36 holes.

A threesome (husband/wife and another guy) were teeing off on 1 just ahead of me, and as I drove in I had seen there were a few groups ahead of them on the front. I asked the Pro Shop if I could go off on the back 9 and he gave me the go-ahead. I played the back 9, came around to the front, and caught up to the husband/wife/other guy threesome on hole 6 - they had played 6 holes in the time it took me to play 16! (I actually started on 9, used it as a warm-up hole since the range was closed). I skipped 7 because there was no way I was going to be stuck behind them, finished the front 9, then started my second round on the back 9. I finished my second 18, loaded my clubs in the truck, turned in my cart, and they still weren't done with their round by the time I was driving out of the course.
So a threesome failed to play 18 in the same amount of time you did (which was a little over 2 hours) and you consider them slow? Am i reading your post right?

I shot one of my best rounds of the year. Driver game was on target and fast, but not all the way back from the back yet. Irons were brilliant, wedges were so-so, and putter was real good. All combined to be good enough for a boatload of birdies, an eagle, and a won bet, so now my buddy has to take care of our dog while we're gone! Considering I have to wear the pink carry pouch that carries him when we travel, it might be one of my favorite rounds EVER. :)

81 and an 81 today. My game is so ******* close. 😢

Three OBs from off the tee and only two birdies. That's how you turn a ho-hum 78 into a maddening 84.

I love golf.

Not today, but this past Sunday.

Parred the first 6 holes, then went bogey/triple/double to close out the front for a +6 and a 42.
The back got ugglier, with 5 bogeys, a triple, and 3 pars. +8 for a 44.
Par 72, and I end up carding an 86.

Did great with the driver, point and shoot. Really working on aim and alignment, and it showed some real results.
The greens went from very soft, to hard, to sort of soft....and back to hard. Early on I was doing great with the soft greens. Then I switched to being more aggressive.... and the greens got hard, so that didn't work. So I switched again, and the greens switched for the opposite. Hit one approach that ended up with a ball mark 3 feet right of the pin..... and I ended up like 20-30 feet in the bush.

Some really great things came out of this round, and some lapses really cost me. Got in my head after the 6 pars to start that I needed to be conservative, where being more aggressive is actually more beneficial due to the layout.

We'll get em next time!

41, started off with one bad shot a hole for the first three, then birdied the 4th. Snap hooked my tee shot on 7 OB leading to a double. Couldn't get up and down out of a bunker on 9. Other than the tee shot on 7, no ridiculously bad shots, just some wasteful ones. Good things are coming. Good things.

Texas Star - Tuesday - 8/10 - White Tees, about 6100 yd, 95F, 2 club wind

Wheels came off early, 5 over after 5 holes, around the 7th hole (Par 5 bird) I kind of woke up but still double bogeyed 8 (par 3). LOL. Two birds during the round. Best driving day of the decade. It was the approach shots that did me in, and my usual stellar game around the greens sucked a bit today. Gave away shots like Jerry Jones giving away draft picks for a poor second round player. Tried a new putter, greens were still recovering from a punching. Need to get comfy with a putter.

It's golf - a work in progress.

45/37

My goal is to break 80 a couple of times on the 6100 yd tees, and then go to 6530 - the next set of tees - need to put on my big boy pants and see if I can play a decent game with guys who are speedier.

Last edited:
42 +6. I freaking bombed my driver tonight. 4 out of 6 were 310+ but my wedge/short game played hide and seek. I'll put it all together eventually 😕

Back