What did you shoot today?

43/43=86. Good day with putter, 29 putts, and driver, 9/14. Played the up tees, 5800 yards, 118/69.3, but this is still a challenging course. Struggled with the full 56° wedge shots hitting them fat. But, that gave me the opportunity to work on those pesky little quarter wedge shots. Saving Grace was the putter, with 1 no putt hole. Overall, had a great time with a guy I haven’t played with in about 4 months and planning to do it again next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sooo i had a friend driving through town and even though schedule showed it would not work, i made it work and boy am I glad i did.

a very challenging course that i struggle with... today started about average and a blow up came with triple on the third, nemesis hole. rest of the round was lights out 🔥🔥🔥and ended with a birdie! finished 39 which includes a triple bogey!

Iron game practice yesterday on the 18-hole short course paid dividends today!

Shot even par 36 with the best ball-striking round of the year. Technically, missed four greens but was pin high and on the collar on 3 of 4.

Birdied the last hole to shoot even par. 14 putts. 71% FIR. 56% GIR. Up & down 3 of 4 chances.

A very good day.

38 - 39 - 77. Nothing very sharp today, but not horrible either. Even my normally reliable short game was hit or miss. 2 birdies, 9 pars and 7 bogeys.

Played 9 holes today and shot 39! I’m pretty excited about that, since I’m still getting back into the swing of things. Driver was decent, actually made a few putts, and did pretty good with the wedge. 1 Birdie, 5 pars, 2 bogeys, and 1 double bogey.

78 First round back after another neck issue. Hit a ton of poor shots and lost focus a fair amount out there, but in the end I ground out a good finish going 2 under on the last 4 holes. I didn't hit any balls before the round and that usually adds 2-3 strokes to my round. So overall, not bad given I hadn't touched a club in some time.

41/39 for an 80 w/ 28 putts. Was lucky I played an open course today. I was struggling with going left with the driver today and went to the range and fixed it. Was testing a couple shafts today. Linq purple and MMT and hit the same amount of fairways with each. Longest drive was with the MMT but when I went to the range and I think I like the Linq just a tad better. I can feel it load a little more.

38-44 (par 72) today. Really tough course at a 134 rating from 6400y. I was playing so good on the front but then started to tire out a bit in the 90+ temps and took 3 penalty strokes on the back. Otherwise a solid round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot 42-38-80 today. The 42 was caused mainly by two double bogeys, both the results of skulled trap shots out of shallow bunkers (very little sand underneath
the surface!) that flew over the green into more trouble. Played a little better on the back nine, but re-learned a valuable lesson.....DON'T add up your score on
the 18th tee....!!! I don't do this often, but for some reason I did today. Knowing that I needed a par to break 80, I hit my second shot just over the back fringe, but
into the 2 inch rough that so many courses now have gone to. I fluffed my chip out of that crap and only got halfway to the hole....missed the par putt....
crap!!!

82 with a 43-39 and 1 birdie. Still trying to work on my swing. Was not one of my better weeks with my swing.

35 - 39 - 74. Round was rolling along well through 8 (-2) then hit a brick wall and forgot how to hit the ball during the stretch from 9 - 13 (going +5 over those holes). Righted the ship and played the last 5 holes at -1. 4 birdies, 9 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Shot 79 from the senior tees. First time breaking 80. But, alas, from the senior tees. However, I am 71 and my distances are shrinking fast. Which brings me to the question: I play Mizzy MX-23 irons. Given I have no big bucks, are these irons the best I can do? I don't need GIs, but I would like to goose the distance, and it is demoralizing having to pull a 5-iron to hit it 160. On the other hand, the Mizzys are straight, I mean straight, I mean laser beam no doubt about it. Then again, I'm kind of hooked on forged, and I figure cast might get me the distance. IOW, I hit my Eye 2s farther than my MX-23s, loft to loft (not number to number).

39/35 with a triple to close out the front 9. Stupid.

Then 39/38 which was the ugliest round I’ve played in a while. Wedges saved my ass greenside.

Shot 79 from the senior tees. First time breaking 80. But, alas, from the senior tees. However, I am 71 and my distances are shrinking fast. Which brings me to the question: I play Mizzy MX-23 irons. Given I have no big bucks, are these irons the best I can do? I don't need GIs, but I would like to goose the distance, and it is demoralizing having to pull a 5-iron to hit it 160. On the other hand, the Mizzys are straight, I mean straight, I mean laser beam no doubt about it. Then again, I'm kind of hooked on forged, and I figure cast might get me the distance. IOW, I hit my Eye 2s farther than my MX-23s, loft to loft (not number to number).
Awesome! Congrats on the 79! Re: the Mizzys, who cares what the number is on the bottom of the club if it gets you where you want to go? I have a set of MP-33s that I still play and only switched from them for a lighter, SteelFiber shaft. Can't beat that forged Mizuno feel.

Shot 74 today with one mess up double due to a lazy driver swing. Actually had an opportunity an eagle from 15 feet, first time this year and missed by an inch. Overall iron play (Apex Pro’s) and driver was solid. My new Apex Pro 2 hybrid put me on green from 240 (wind assisted) ….what a great club.

43/46 for an 89 on a course I've never played before, which is now one of my all-time favorite courses - Elephant Rocks in Williams, AZ (6082 yds, 68.1/121). Beautiful course up in the mountains that was an absolute blast to play. Driver today was probably the best it's ever been, 12/14 FW and I felt so confident with it all day.

79 from the tips at a local course I haven't played since last year. It's easy off the tee (though tips made that tougher) but the greens on this track are TOUGH so I had a couple putting woes in places. Had 4 or 5 good looks at birdie but was only able to make 2 of them. Hitting the short irons and wedges a little better this time, but the short game was very inconsistent. 2 consecutive 70's rounds though!

Screenshot_20210827-182031.png

39/40=79 10FIR 10 GIR and 35 putts. Putter wasn't that good today, burned a lot of edges.

44/44 for an 88 on my home course. 9/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 33 putts with one 3-putt. We started on the back 9 and had a wide open course in front of us, finished in 2:50 (as a foursome).

Today i shot 41/39 - 80 from white tees, 6450 yds. 9/14 FIR, 7/18 GIR, 32 putts. Nothing really great, but nothing terrible either. Just steady plodding along.
Color me a happy golfer :golf2:

Last edited:
Back