What did you shoot today?

40/40. Pretty happy with the front nine, but disappointed with the scoring on the back. Coulda, shoulda woulda.....

38 - 35 - 73. 1 birdie, 15 pars and 2 bogeys. Hit the ball pretty well overall but just couldn't get many putts to drop.

Played in Utah, above Salt Lake City, on two courses I had never played with very fast greens. Mixed up the tees to play about 6500 yrds

Talons Cover is links-style, Eaglewood was more parkland. Eaglewood is tight at times. Not a good result on either course and terrible putting. Line was good but when the putt keeps going downhill when you didn't give it much of a stroke ... more like a tap ... that's very different from DFW public courses. Shot 91, then 89. Disappointing and lost some balls - penalties galore. But with no humidity, it still felt good out there, even in the 90s and with the California smoke.

Third course I played was Hubbard at Hill AFB and the greens were perfect in terms of roll, but still ... very fast. I finally began to pick up speed and did not give up as many shots except on the putting surface. Shot an 81(43/38) on a 6450 yd course. Interesting was the Stealth Fighters overhead doing some acrobatic maneuvers, which distracted for 3 holes on the front - Loud crackles when the afterburners kicked in. Everyone stopped play to watch.
Thanks for looking me up. 😂 I used to live within a stone’s throw of Eaglewood and it was my home course for many years. It is actually a course you can score on very well, once you know how to play it.

I have also play Talons Cove a number of times. It is hard to drive 45 minutes when there are so many great and accessible courses within 15 or 20 minutes. I have been promised a round on Hubbard many times, but have yet to actually play it. It is supposed to be a nice track.

Handicaps just don’t travel very well. Here, we have the advantage of elevation, to give us the illusion that we hit it further than we really do. However, the greens on these mountain courses are tricky. Most can’t just waltz in and putt well on them.

I hope yo enjoyed your stay. This smoke has been almost unbearable at times this summer.

Let us know which course, for all our sakes? Lol

I played Talons Cove a few times when I used to live out there. I remember really enjoying that track and it was in great shape. Hopefully they've kept in up in the 9 years since I played it.
Talons Cove can be had. It is a fun course. I played it last year and it was in good shape. Haven’t gotten down there this year.

Greens were good - better if golfers would repair ball marks. I was repairing about 3 marks on almost every hole at both Talons Cove and Eaglewood. My son and his bud were saying that Utah golfers are typically rude and slow. I saw slow a couple of times, playing on the green but we finished all rounds in under 4:30 - I like 3:30-4:15 on the weekend, so this was slowish for a weekday, but not terrible.
The golf is not quick here. It is so frustrating at times. There used to be marshals on most courses, but you never see them anymore.

I played okay this weekend. I shot 76 yesterday on a windy day. Today on a totally calm day I shot what felt like a loose 78. Both days I drove it solid hitting 11/14 fairways. My irons continue to be a bit loose. I hit 12 greens on Saturday and only 11 today. I played our whites both days so I only had a couple of fairway woods into greens.

Thanks for looking me up. 😂 I used to live within a stone’s throw of Eaglewood and it was my home course for many years. It is actually a course you can score on very well, once you know how to play it.

I have also play Talons Cove a number of times. It is hard to drive 45 minutes when there are so many great and accessible courses within 15 or 20 minutes. I have been promised a round on Hubbard many times, but have yet to actually play it. It is supposed to be a nice track.

Handicaps just don’t travel very well. Here, we have the advantage of elevation, to give us the illusion that we hit it further than we really do. However, the greens on these mountain courses are tricky. Most can’t just waltz in and putt well on them.

I hope yo enjoyed your stay. This smoke has been almost unbearable at times this summer.

Gosh, we did need a fourth - my son hits ball far and his bud as far but not consistently. We're talking 195 7i, which is not in my universe unless I'm hitting a 4H, and that's stretching it. He is headed to Turkey next week so I made a quick trip up there as I may not see him for a year. If we go to Hubbard again, you'll get a call. It is well kept and the greens were great. It's not flat, it's a little bit of up, down, doglegs and some flattish holes, and then you get an air show. A good course but not as difficult as Talons or Eaglewood, although it has better greens, thick rough, but not too deep.

And I think everyone is using Covid as an excuse not to prep the bunkers with sand.

Last edited:
43-40 83 today with 29 putts.

78 dbl #2 and never got back into any type of rhythm, for the rest of the round.

Solo birdie and multiple missed ones

Trying to think if i did anything positive ... nope

38/42 - 80. Very wet and windy today so happy with the round. Two bad shots. One on 10 and the other on 17. Couldn’t get up/down on a few holes to save par.
F2B373B0-FE32-4886-B7A0-FE1E91E29B8D.png

Last edited:
43/43 = 86. 8/12 FW, 7 GIR, 31 putts.

39/39 today. :unsure:

36 - 34 - 70 (-2). Absolutely relieved and thrilled that I am finally seeing my consistent draw come back into my ball striking. I have always played a draw with everything from driver through PW but that, on a consistent basis, had been missing over the past year or so until the last few rounds. 3 birdies, 14 pars and 1 bogey.

the breeze...

Another solid ball striking round but my chipping is my woes. 89

Screenshot_20210830-204933_TheGrint.jpg

I get sick of me and my scores so I haven't been posted all of them lately, but this combined 9's was with the T100-Modus 115X irons and brand new MG3 wedges, the hooligans, and a scorching start, so I want to remember it. Also, I haven't made a bogey in 54 holes, so there's that. Driver feels like it's back in a groove after a little weird stretch, everything else still good. That is all.

Only managed 15 holes before the rain came down on Sunday, but was at 63 (+3) after 15 holes, so was potentially on track for being well under 80 for the round, even if I finished with 3 bogeys it would have been a round of 78

Played back 9 first. 41/40 81 at a course designed by Annika and Arnie

59A2E2A4-F666-45D9-BBA9-EAEF2C400B7D.jpegF1FCD924-7FC9-406B-AAF5-8EE3CE03DFD1.jpeg

Back