What did you shoot today?

41 + 42 = 83 yesterday, despite 6 tee shots that hit some part of a tree, 3 more second shots that did so, and 2 balls into ponds. I only hit 6/14 fairways and 4 GIRs, but my short game and putting were good enough to offset the mess off the tee. I didn't miss a putt until the 5th green (makes from 11, 10, 16, and 5 ft to open).

I played the last 4 holes on the front with the new club champion, a rising junior in HS who also won the state junior amateur this summer. I managed to stay within 1 of him. He can really move the ball; plays a completely different game. There are no slow play concerns with this kid; he might make Koepka look slow.

Yesterday. Shot a 38/40-78 on a par 70. Story of the day: nothing worse than a bogey. Unfortunately, I had a 3 putt on the 18th. Ugh...

e66c248f7b7fbaf9b5bf7e7dec4e8c93.jpg

Lip out on 9th (started on 10) for the 73 (+1).

The game is there but mentally I’m struggling with a LOT. As a teacher time is a resource I have a lot of and I played my 75th round of the summer. First year as a member at a public course and I’ve become bored with the layout, frustrated with greens, and the worst is the pace of play. I teed off at 7:40 on a Wednesday and it took me 5 hours to play golf. It’s just not fun at that point. I found myself like talking to myself at one point while I waited for the group in front of us and then watched my playing partners just hack across the fairway over and over again. They were good guys but a threesome of 100+ golfers that were just slow. But that’s what you get as a single!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37-40 for a 77 at the home course. Pretty meh. 1 birdie, no doubles, several burned edges/lipouts. Happy with where my game is at based on my limited rounds this season.

15 putts with a 3 putt
3 birdies 1 double
6/9 GIR
3/7 FIR

I haven’t played much this summer and it shows. Serious regression in my game lately.

37/36 = 73 from the tips, +1.

2 birds, 3 bogeys, 13/14 fairways, 12/18 greens, 31 putts.

Tees are just over 7,000 yards and last year due to a few seasons of distance loss, they really started to feel a bit too long.

Very happy that's not the case anymore, they've been my preferred tees this summer. Longest iron approach I have lately on the par 4's is a 6-iron, usually on the uphill 18th and mostly when when it's a back pin.

Set-up change with driver, then grooving it, is all it took. I'm 15-20 yards longer this season than over the past 3 years.

Same effort but ball go far(ther).

Played six holes and decided to call it (closest to the clubhouse after leaving 1 tee). Was playing quite well, one birdie on the second (115y to 2 feet) and then just coasted.

I almost don't care about 9 hole rounds anymore. It's weird. It's like, if I can't take it to 18 for a good score, meh. Just enjoy the experience.

Even par with great ball striking and another day of not making a putt over 3 feet. 15 GIR with 34 putts which makes for 47% of my strokes with the flat stick, lol! I'll get my putting fixed soon but it was another round where I missed 7 putts from 6-10 feet and the longest putt I made was a 3 footer for par after a bunker shot. Two of my three bogies were 3 putts and two of my three birdies were two-putts. I love this game and don't expect sympathy from anyone but I can't wait until this putting slump is over... Of course when that happens my long game will suck.:act-up:

tahoebum;n8877210 said:
Even par with great ball striking and another day of not making a putt over 3 feet. 15 GIR with 34 putts which makes for 47% of my strokes with the flat stick, lol! I'll get my putting fixed soon but it was another round where I missed 7 putts from 6-10 feet and the longest putt I made was a 3 footer for par after a bunker shot. Two of my three bogies were 3 putts and two of my three birdies were two-putts. I love this game and don't expect sympathy from anyone but I can't wait until this putting slump is over... Of course when that happens my long game will suck.:act-up:

You have my sympathy. My nephew basically destroyed my putter over the 4th of July and I had to switch in the middle of a run of great ball striking. Anything over 3 ft I would have been better off using it like a pool cue. I had a round with 17 GIR and 36 putts that seriously made me want to start drinking again. By the time it stopped costing me 4 strokes a round I was out of the groove. I really hope you're still striking them well when you get the putter sorted out.

+5, after 9 holes tonight. If it wasn’t for the double on the 1st hole my score could have been real solid

Canadan;n8877204 said:
Played six holes and decided to call it (closest to the clubhouse after leaving 1 tee). Was playing quite well, one birdie on the second (115y to 2 feet) and then just coasted.

I almost don't care about 9 hole rounds anymore. It's weird. It's like, if I can't take it to 18 for a good score, meh. Just enjoy the experience.
Same here. While I'd still prefer to finish the 9, it means very little to me.

My only 9 hole rounds the past few seasons have been either weather induced, slow play induced or like on Monday, the back was being aerated and there was a backup. Didn't really feel like replaying the front anyway.

Like most, I used to happily play all the 9's I could get when my schedule would only allow for that. Now I'm spoiled in that I want to card a number for 18.

After carding a +8 for 18 holes on Tuesday, I carded a +7 tonight... for 9 holes. Ugh... Other than the birdie on 1 and the birdie on 9, the round was horrible. I had 4 doubles, including both par 5's. On the bright side, I guess if my awful nines are +7 now, I can live with that.

I played 9 after work with Rgoodsell and shot a decent for me 44.

Shot 1 over for the second round in a row, 36/37. 14 greens in regulation. 3 birdies, 4 bogeys. I was one under after hole 13, and feel like I let another chance to shoot under par get away from me.

Last edited:
Played 9 this morning and shot 41 with 16 putts.

76 yesterday. I was pretty happy with how I hit it overall. A couple bad shots really cost me and I'm not making many putts.

Shot 43/42 for an 85 yesterday. Had a birdie and putted well again. Friend I was playing with chipped in for eagle and shot an 82.

91 at Atkinson CC yesterday, Some really good shots, really crap shots and 40 putts. Also down a 7 iron from hole 5 on out, just move the ball away from the tree instead of trying to hit it.

Haven’t made it out today, yet, but -3 33 yesterday for my 9 hole round. Spun an eagle chip 18” by on the last hole & chipped for birdie on 6.

Shot an 39-44-84 with 4 doubles. Wheels came off on the back in part due to the heat index being over 105 and I got pretty tired. At least that’s what I’m telling myself. :). The bad part is even thought I played pretty poorly I played from the tips and had a differential of 7. Oh well.

41,40 for 81 today. Didn't hit the ball all that well. But, scrambled well enough. Only one double bogey when a gust of wind hit my wedge shot into the green over water and caused my ball to find the pond. Putting was a little better, but, still missed a couple/three short putts. Pondering a new putter....and new irons. Haha

Played 9, 3 birdies, 3 bogies, even par 36

33/39-72 (even). The three bogies has n the back were due to bonehead decisions.

Back