What did you shoot today?

Today, I reached a lifelong goal. I shot 69. 36/33. I had never broken par for 18 and had never broken 70.

NICE! Those are two huge milestones to pass on the same day. Congrats!

Freaking disappointing round today

8da3bff5b316d631b41602fd301a1663.jpg

Looks like you paid for every fairway you missed. :/ I hate those rounds.

It surely happens on those difficult tracks.

it was my first time seeing the new layout and it’s definitely going to be a tougher track with the new bunkers and collars around the greens. Will be interesting to see the course grow in over the next 3 months prepping for the farmers.

A weird 85, 47 front 38 back.

82 yesterday. Too many 3 putts. Tomorrow is the last day Cooke is open for the season. Still beautiful. Going to try it again today as it's Thanksgiving in Canada and have the day off.
579923050a3c63e5edba436914927da6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

78 today. Pretty lousy considering I made 4 birdies, including 3 in a row.

Wedge game is complete shite.

37 - 38 - 75. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys.

-2 69. 2 bogeys 4 birdies. 7/14 FIR, 10/18 GIR, 26 putts.

I'll take it for the conditions. It was blowing like hell and that's normally my kryptonite. The GIR numbers are a little deceiving because the wind blew/rolled my ball onto the fringe like 4 times. Had some bad shots, but a lot of good ones and made a couple putts I had no business making in those conditions. My putting has been really good lately.

Wedge game is complete shite.

I feel ya. If I could get my intermediate wedge game where I think it should be, even for a couple rounds, I could live off the scores all winter.

37 - 38 - 75. Made the switch, for about the 50th time, to cross handed putting for this round and am going to try to stick with it this time. 1 birdie, 13 pars and 4 bogeys.

A very strange 4 over 77 that started with an eagle on the first hole. I had a really bad 8 over par stretch on the 5th through 12th holes(O.B. and water balls). I finished the day birdie, par, birdie, birdie.

It had to be one of my two or three highest scoring rounds ever that included and eagle and three birdies.

Last edited:
82 (+10) 7200+ yards. New course to me. More challenging course than what I have been playing. Beautiful and in amazing condition. Lots of sand: strategically placed fairway sand traps and waste areas that were like magnets and seemingly infinite greenside bunkers. Thick grabby rough. Lots of terrain variation. Greens were perfect and rolled fast but well. My ball striking was not great today. Scrambling was mostly good. Wedges and chipping were fantastic. 36 putts. I struggled over and over getting out of fairway bunkers and thick rough. Fun day.

Played my home course from the tips this afternoon, I don’t do that often. +2 on both sides, so there’s that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 - 34 - 74. Was not playing very well through 12 (+5), then played -3 from 13 - 18 with 3 birdies in a row (15, 16, 17). Just suddenly started striking the ball like I am capable of. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeys.

10-18 score (3).jpg
20191018_120905.jpg
20191018_130020.jpg

We played in the sandhills today. I played well. It was shaping up to be a great round. Then the wind reeeally came up and I grinded out the back half. Love playing the prairie sand though. Plenty of holes where you can see for miles and there's nothing but grass and sand. And stayed pretty clean. Was in a fairway bunker on #2 and had to play from the native grass on a couple, but I'll take that.

39/37 = 76. New PB for me. Rainy and soft conditions helped saved a few poorly aimed shots but I won't remember the weather looking back at this one.

39/37 = 76. New PB for me. Rainy and soft conditions helped saved a few poorly aimed shots but I won't remember the weather looking back at this one.
Was a ton of fun this morning buddy! Always happy to lose 2 DN to a PB!

46/41 today

4 penalties on the front hurt and man my sand game is awful.

But my iron striking was solid was just leaking right a little (and into sand)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

93 this morning by myself (yes I posted it. Bring it USGA!!)

and a 48 this afternoon on a course I’d never seen before with my daughter. I’m pretty ok with it, the course is in rough shape and greens are sick and slick.

Shot 45 on a 9 with aerated and sanded greens with a triple bogey start. My first non-scramble golf since August 10. My approach of not trying to overswing and trusting my swing by not making shot-to-shot adjustments seems to be paying off. Hit four fairways and four GIR, 18 putts. The Grint GPS had most of my drives at 225-240, but also clocked one at 274 and another at 288.

Around 2:30, we were walking the dog so I could take a break from some family-related work, which in turn was keeping me from a massive work project. It was a Chamber of Commerce day, 60, not a cloud in the sky, and lots of color on the trees, when my wife started to bug me about golf. "Do yourself a favor, take a break from all your work, and play 9. Everything will still be here when you get back."

This was the view on the fourth tee. It was so clear and so blue I was able to play a white ball and see it.
4th_Fairway.JPG

Back