What did you shoot today?

84 with no iron game, one more round with the present setup then its go time..

44 + 44 = 88. 6 pars, 8 bogeys, 4 doubles. 7/14 fairways, 4 GIRs.

Putted great from 5 ft and in; couldn't buy one beyond that. Short game continues to disappoint. Irons were horrendous; I have no feel at all, right now.

42/39=81 Couple mistakes on the front cost me, but overall happy with the game in 20mph winds today.

11-17-19 (3).jpg

The streak of under par rounds comes to an end. I think it was around 10 (Edit: - it was 9). Kind of all over the place today, but expected it playing the new set and making some swing changes. Was fun to get the wife out with me again before they closed up for the year. Loving the new driving setup so far.

Last edited:
36 - 39 - 75. Couldn't get any putts to drop other short par putts. Only birdie was a chip in. 1 birdie, 13 pars and 4 bogeys.

Took me a while to get going today. Shot a 42-37-79. Front 9 was not good since I started 4 over after the first 3 holes. But got it together after 8 and did pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stopped after 15 due to injury so I don’t have a final number. It likely would have been a very ugly 3 digit number. Super frustrating and disappointing round. Hopefully Darthweasel feels better soon.

71 (37-34) 2 bogey/3 birdies @ Stonelick Hills in Batavia OH. Easily one of my favorite courses.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

40-45. toward the top end of my preferred distance, then add in cold and breeze and it played really long. i was feeling pretty good, then went double-bogey-double-bogey to end the round. not the ideal way to finish, but it wa nice to get out even if it was cold af. and playing 18 holes in under 3 hours on a sunday is always a-ok with me.

Yesterday, 37-44 with a double on the front and 2 on the back. After 13, I was +3. Two bad decisions later, I was +7 after 15. I horseshoed a 20 or so footer for birdie on 18.

I’m not at all disappointed with the 81. I am disappointed with how it happened with the 14-16 stretch, given how I had been playing. 3 birdies on the front, 8 greens, 6 fairways and 17 putts through 11. 2 bad drives, a topped 3W out of a dicey lie and a badly pushed 6 iron killed me.

Whenever the weather permits, and work doesn’t prevent it, I’ll try to get out through the end of December.

9-over 45 yesterday afternoon. 2 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles. 4/7 fairways, 2 GIRs.

The improvements I saw in Sept/Oct with irons have disappeared the last 2 weeks. I can't hit a green from 90 yards out right now, let alone 135+.

Finished with a good solid par, though, so I'll go back next time.

37 - 40 - 77. Hitting decent 2nd shots was a constant struggle all day for some reason. 2 birdies, 5 bogeys and 1 double.

Shot the worst round of my life Friday; 112. 55-57. I three putted more times than I can count, lost 8 balls. It was a huge grind, and incredibly frustrating. Tempo was, off, I was over-swinging, and my putts just flew off the face.

I need to remember that I'm supposed to enjoy the game...

Walked 9 during lunch today. Shot a 39 with 1 birdie and 4 bogies. My iron play is atrocious right now. Luckily my driving and putting on are on point otherwise it would be very very ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41/41 82 with 3 lost balls and 4 3-putts.

Definitely could’ve been a lot better.

72 on Friday and 73 yesterday. On Friday, my swing felt as good as it has all year, and I lipped out a few putts that could have made it a really great round. Yesterday, the swing not quite as good, but my chipping was pretty solid. Seemed to be pushing my putts a little bit. I actually ended up hitting some balls after the round yesterday too and was really happy with how that went. Just need to keep the swing in rhythm and not try to hard to kill it when I'm feeling good.

Got out for 18 today in chilly damp 39 degree weather. My distances off the tee were shorter than what I am used to leaving longer irons and hybrids into the green. Still a good ball striking day. Putting was tough dew greens that I just couldn’t get the speed right. Ended up shooting 44/42 for an 86 to close out the season on my home course.

11-19-19 (3).jpg

2nd round in a row with 4 bogey and 4 birdies. Not the cleanest. Don't have the new irons dialed in AT ALL for distance with the scoring clubs, and didn't get up and down much because I chipped like a chickensh*t the whole day. I don't know what that was about. Wasn't my best day putting either. Could/should have had a couple I missed. Mostly drove it well again except for a quick stretch around 14-15. 10 and 18 were right where I wanted them, the wind just pushed them slightly off. New setup is working off the tee. 66 and hazy on the 19th of November though. Gotta love that!

10-over 46.

Short game sucks.

:surrender:

11-20-19 (3).jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this ridiculousness HAS to be the best score I've ever had on a day when I'm all over the course like that. 36% FIR and only half the GIR? 10 putts on the back is absurd. I was in trouble off the tee for the first 4 holes, switched to irons (still missed on the 5th) for a while and that helped. Switched back to driver on the back, more trouble but great recoveries. Weird, weird round.

Last edited:
36 - 40 - 76. Was playing pretty well until 13 then the bottom fell out and I jumped on the bogey train for 3 holes. 1 birdie, 12 pars and 5 bogeys.

even though I imploded on the first par5, I still shot my best score on this 9. 47...

Sunday I shot the ugliest 85 you can imagine. Driver was good but irons and wedges were horrible. Tight back and crap tempo = a bunch of thin shots. Luckily I figured out what kind of round it was gonna be early and adjusted to make sure my misses were still playable. The score was very good for me but it felt like a triple digit round from the first shot

Back