What did you shoot today?

Lately I have been hitting low 80's. Last 5 rounds are 82/81/80/81/81. So close to breaking the barrier. I seem to have 1 or 2 doubles. Keep those off and I'm in the 70's.

shot a 38 thru 7 holes :/

Played 18 holes with my cousin this morning. Shot 41/41 for an 82. Also had 30 putts. 10 bogie 1's, an 8 pars.

Played the Sunrise (Desert Rose) course again.

Started out in balmy 50*f weather, and finished up in a cooler, misty kind of rain. Right now as I write this, the rain is coming down pretty good. We stayed dry, and warm which was good thing.

Kind of a fun morning for me, as I won our little match by a stroke. My cousin usually gets the better of me by a stroke or two. He's a better ball knocker than I, and has a few more years of play & practice on me.

Shot of the day was a putt. It had two breaks in it. First section was a right to left roll, with the second section having a left to right roll. It was a fitting hole out, since my playing partner show me how to read these types of putts many years ago.

Plan is for us to play again tomorrow, weather permitting.

39 - 37 - 76. Not too bad in the chilly weather and after a 10 day layoff. 2 birdies, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Shot an 88 at Wildhorse. Had 8 pars (a record for me) but 7 three putts. First time ever I literally didn’t see a single golfer behind or in front of me the whole round. Apparently everyone is afraid of playing in rain here lol

I plan to put some serious time on my putting and short range (30-50 yards) pitching/chipping. I feel like I can shave 5-7 strokes there if I can just get semi-proficient there

42 - 37 - 79. Played poorly on the front 9 but turned it around somewhat on the back. Birdied 18 to bring it in under 80. 2 birdies, 5 bogeys and 2 doubles (consecutive holes).

90. 47-43. Still leaving to many shots on the course but the consistency of the lower scores says I’m heading in the right direction.

85 on a 73.4/138. Started with an eagle, and it was a ball hunt from there on out.

38 - 36 - 74. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeys. Followed up a bogey with a birdie 3 times on the back 9.

38-42=80. 3 birds, 7 pars, 6 bogeys, a double and a triple. I birdied the holes after the double and triple.

4 3-putts on the back. Score killer.

38 - 40 - 78 with a nice bogey - double finish. Ball striking was a struggle the majority of the round with pretty much all clubs. Low pull hooks were the flavor of the day. 3 birdies, a bunch of bogeys and 1 double.

Had a good round with THPer @shanewu
was nice getting back to a distance I can manage.
CA910624-3186-41C2-A7AE-17F9D2C8041C.jpeg

41/41 for 82 today. Off the tee I was doing well with only a few mistakes. i Had multiple birdie opportunities but just could not convert. Missed a few key par putts also.

36 - 36 - 72 (E). When it was good, it was really good (eagle on 5 followed by missing an ace by an inch on 6) and when it was bad it was really ugly. 1 eagle, 3 birdies, 10 pars, 3 bogeys, 1 double and a partridge in a pear tree. A bit of everything today.

If there was a post saying what distance you guys were playing at the grandaddy I missed it amidst the 200+ pages. What was it?
Singles was 6646 72.9/138 I don't have a the shamble/bestball card but is should have been around the same distance.
So about 500 yards longer than what I usually play. I rarely step beyond 6100 anymore. That is what we played yesterday was 6118.

Had a fun day at the Chimera Golf Course in Henderson , NV. Par 72, 71/124 rating.

Shot an 82 (41/41) with 31 putts. Just a consistent, hole to hole round. One of my better rounds of play. Anything under 86 is pretty good for me. Had 10 bogie 1s, and 8 pars.

As with most of my rounds I left a few makeable putts short. Need to work on that area of my game.

This course to me is one of the better maintained courses in the Vegas Valley. The price is pretty reasonable too. I would recommend it. I also consider this one of the easier layouts in the area, although I have heard other say quite the opposite.

Weather was decent, although some of the fairways were a little damp. There was rain in the area last night.

Three under in a scramble. Not bad for 30 degree weather. Brrrrr. Never hit onto ice rinks before, but a first for everything.

Had a great time with Kate and some friends.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

38 - 38 - 76. Another terrible ball striking day but the short game bailed me out time after time. 1 birdie, 12 pars and 5 bogeys.

40-41 with a triple, getting closer to the breaking 80 thread.....just need to get out of my own way and let the flow go..stupid OB tee shot trying to play safe, happens every time.

Played 9 after 3 weeks off due to sickness and to say it was a sh&t show is an understatement. Didn’t even keep score but had 2 pars and 3 lost balls. At least my short game hasn’t gone to the dogs in those three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44/41 for an 85 today. Front was rough with 4 doubles, 2 bogeys, 2 pars, and a birdie. Back was a little better with only 1 double, 5 bogeys, 2 pars, and a birdie.
Super happy to have a round with nothing over a double!

Shot 74 (40-34) first round trying the Titleist exp01 and the directed force 2.1 putter. Both took some getting used to. I’m still not sure how I like either :p

Attachments

• FE0BBC4F-ADED-41A5-A3A0-CAE1005F86C5.jpeg
    FE0BBC4F-ADED-41A5-A3A0-CAE1005F86C5.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2
Thought we were going to sneak in one last quick round on the trip, but had to leave after 9. Finished it with a bang though. Trudged along making/saving par the first 6 then finished eagle, birdie, birdie for a -4 31 on a 36.53/136.

Much better than that last round. Swing changes felt a little better, greens felt more familiar, and the layout was a LOT easier to follow on this course. Now back to the cold and snow!

40&42 on a beautiful 40 degree day here in Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back