What did you shoot today?

another disappointing day. 44-41. including an 8 on a par 5. no penalties. same ball played for the whole day and still that score. i got some terrible breaks. missed some very makeable putts. but the short game is so bad. it’s miserable.
On the bright side you got to play. I scores a 62 today, into the net. ;)

47/47 Had 3 birdie opportunities and one chance at an eagle and barfed them all - squeezed out pars though :mad: Bogied all but 2 holes on first 9 and had one hole I shot trip bogey on. I was almost smelling an 80s round. It was still a great day too and I stayed below 100 once again. YAY! ;)
I think any solid 90’s round could easily have been in the 80’s. I know I can recall the strokes that cost me 10 strokes through the round. Some day we will put it all together.

Like I never played before. Short game completely gone (chipping and pitching off of dirt to pitted, dried out, aerated greens), lifting up on EVERY iron, and FW shot. Drove pretty well, but shot 97, could easily have been 107!

39/47 for an 86. The odd thing is that I usually play the back 9 much better than I play the front nine, but that was not the case today. I think it had a lot to do with hitting 3 bags of balls trying to fix my slice. I did fix it, but I was gassed by the time we got the last four or five holes which resulted in several double bogeys.

Played 9 holes today. Shot 39 which is a solid score for me.

Weirdest part was my iron and wedge play was completely off. But my poor strikes were hitting greens and I did a good job on the greens.

i shot a 111 today not bad for plugged balls and wet greens

53/45 for 98 today...course was crowded AF. so much for the shelter in place.

On the bright side you got to play. I scores a 62 today, into the net. ;)

i’m playing tomorrow morning. same course. i will have my revenge.

41 on the back 9 for a solid performance...it was getting the swing back to normal and identify things o want to develop.

45 for 9 on a regulation course then +4 for 9 on an executive course

I got motivated. It’s not as long as I hoped but that is easily remedied. I hit 8 iron and was long. That tree fall is my target I realized later it was a small target. It was also a tad short I was hitting my 8 iron 20 yards over. I want 7 iron range. Easily adjusted as the tee box area is accessible. I also created a chipping area and again distance to is an issue, but can be adjusted and built to fit in a 16 HC so I need room. I can see my targets are to small and I will adjust that over the next couple days what I can say is I’ll be working on fades and draws I do expect to improve my game. All advice considered.
97237D9C-3E3A-4094-A6AE-A60AF6700CD0.jpegD095D0A7-5D7A-4A2B-9057-969BAADD4E8C.jpeg3C2CCE5E-70B5-4397-ACEA-C377EC9C8996.jpeg008ED4BE-BCE4-42DD-B314-68D9DC1B3182.jpeg

Bad streak. Another 85, that's 2 in a row.

Only driver is working. After going only 1/4 fairways to start, I ran the table from there on out, finishing 11/14.

Nothing else worked. 3-putts, chunked wedges, thinned wedges/chips, forever leaving putts woefully short all day, etc.

With iron in hand, only 3/9 greens, 8/18 on the day.

Terrible but never frustrated, was just very happy to be out there.

I think any solid 90’s round could easily have been in the 80’s. I know I can recall the strokes that cost me 10 strokes through the round. Some day we will put it all together.
You know it is interesting how you can always recall the strokes that cost you, at least many of them stay in my memory for quite some time.

One thing was nice about yesterday, I only had one duffed chip, instead of my usually two or three. I even pulled once nice pop up out of a sand bunker (ball was almost an egg) and wound up around 10 foot or so from the pin. I told my caddy (my wifey) before the shot that I am going to get this up there near the pin.

I know those good days on the course are days we wished would occur much more frequently. Another thing that I thought was neat is that I almost felt like a real golfer yesterday :D

81 with 2 doubles on par 3s. still playing a more forward set of tees too. the golf isn't bad, it's just not as good as I want it to be.

Played Innisbrook Osprey North on Thursday. Shot a not too bad 89 for my second round since October. Only cost us $37 each.

81 with 2 doubles on par 3s. still playing a more forward set of tees too. the golf isn't bad, it's just not as good as I want it to be.
It never is for any of us

It never is for any of us

on a somewhat tough par 4, I hit the worst drive of the day. big block slice into the hazard. I said out loud "i'm not having fun." the next guy on the tee laughed and goes "that's what golf does to you." he's not wrong.

on a somewhat tough par 4, I hit the worst drive of the day. big block slice into the hazard. I said out loud "i'm not having fun." the next guy on the tee laughed and goes "that's what golf does to you." he's not wrong.
We all have days like that. It just makes the ones we play well and get all the breaks that much better.

Could have been another great day, but I double bogeyed the last hole to go 40/38=78 with 30 putts. Little loose off the tee with the driver today, but the irons where on and so was the putter.

Shot a terrible 42-42-84. Course was very very sloppy and greens rolled like molasses due to all the rain we have had. But I was out of the house doing the thing I love. So I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Showed up early to get swing and putting ready to finally break 80. My lovely start included two double bogeys in the first 4 holes :mad:. That woke me up enough to get my head on straight and get in the freaking GAME!!! Settled down ( I was PO ) and from there out it was all about commitment, balance and tempo. Hit some really good drive's for an old guy working on hitting up finally, and got the iron's squared away. Got some confidence going and really enjoyed the swing, weather and just being out. Probably had 4 prom date's so that was exciting :LOL:.

Finished with 2 doubles, 6 bogeys and 10 Pars, 82.

I'll break 80 soon I hope, been working hard to reach that goal this year? Got rolling on the backside an strung 5 pars in a roll
together :love: Big Fun, Great Day...

38-39, 77.. Unfocussed cold golf today. made uncharacteristic mistakes in all areas, chipped solid except two holes, hit driver solid except except Hole two and 15 where I almost topped them. Three putted on two longest par fours that I hit two quality shots to get on the green in reg. , All mainly because I rushed my Preshot routine and never really focused on shots. Mental errors today. One more frozen round tomorrow and then they say National Guard is coming in to shut us down ( not sure of the extent, but police friends have all said starting Monday).

First swings in 2 weeks; it seemed like the first ones in 2 years. 12-over 48 on the front nine. 1 fairway, 1 GIR. It was ugly.

Last edited:
Back