What did you shoot today?

3-21-20 (2).png

Wanting to truly relax combined with getting rid of things inspired me to have nothing but drivers, fws, hybrids, a couple 7s, and a couple wedges in my bag. Was a lot of fun hitting some of the old stuff. Tried to chip with the GW a couple times. It reinforced why that's not my favorite, and definitely not with the shape of the forged tec.

Breezed right through the round with only a few others out there. Carts were cleaned and tagged, no one handling cash, pins had noodles around the bases, range was closed, and pins were pulled from the putting green. Felt safer there than just about anywhere I was all day.

A very unsatisfying 53 on the same 9 I shot 45 on yesterday.

Played yesterday - mostly a training round for another guy and did not really keep the score because the greens had been plugged and were full of holes and very difficult. My game was off as I was really tired from running chain saw and tractor most of the day before playing golf. Probably scored way over 100. I did manage few pars and some nice hits here and there.

84. 43-41. Had a fun round but a few mistakes cost me on some holes.

Shot a 47 over 9 this morning...

40-36 for 4 over 76 today. A double on the front that was really dumb and a penalty stroke on the 18th kept it from being really good after the downpours this week and the 6 holes or so in a light rain today.

Followed up the 77 Friday with a 78 today. It should have been better though. I hit 10/14 FIR and of the 4 I missed only one was very far offline. That one was in the thick stuff on a par 5 but I was able to get out and scramble a par. Putter was good today too with 31 total putts and the only 3 putt was a dumb decision by me. The ball was sitting on the fringe against the collar of the rough and I did not realize it when I got out the cart. I should have gone back for a wedge and chipped it but I made a bad decision. GIR was my weak spot today with only 7. For some reason, I was missing short with GW-8i and that hurt. Short game kept me in it though.

Shot a 92 today, 46/46. Nothing outside of the putter was particularly stellar, fairly mediocre ball striking.

+8 for 9 holes on an exec course. Gross.

43-40 with perhaps my last round of Golf since I believe courses will be closing this week. I had the option to play yesterday but decided I'll rest on my 83 and didn't feel like pushing the envelope.

Played the tips at 6700 for the 1st time and made PAR on the #1 Handicap Par 4 440 into the wind. Driver-2H. Beast of a hole.

Played well, it was nice being back there because I literally used every club in the bag. Double-Double finish on my Front 9 was a bit sour since they're easy holes but that's ok!

9 fairways hit with a nice mix of driver and 2H. My wedge game was on point and saved me quite a bit.

One horrible 3 putt but 5 one putts and a chutt off the green for no putts makes up for it!

Approach game still an area of improvement, only 5 GIR.

40/40 = 80

Had a double and a triple in a three hole span after being -1 through 3. Both the result of shanked chips which was, well, not ******* cool at all.

Only had time to go out for 9 tonight. It was the first round of the year so I wasn't expecting anything great, especially since the course was a little sloppy with a bunch of snow melting recently. All I did was go out and shoot my best nine hole score ever, a 38! The two bogeys I made were very avoidable as well so it could have been even better but I couldn't be happier! All that means is next time I go out, I will shoot a 50 or something lol

49/46 = 95. Was just erratic all day, especially off the tees. The one highlight of the day was a 30-yard pitch with my AW for eagle on a short par 5.

Yesterday was a bad day. After playing pretty good golf my last 6 rounds shooting in the mid 80s and one round i shot 82,I shot a 95 and that's with putts of 1 30ft and two 20ft. Been working hard on my swing and to lay an egg was a real downer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Went 37/39 in what might be my last round for a while.

Not bad.

Shot an 89 today. Since it was from the back tees and these old bones had to walk the 18 holes I am extremely happy! Now for some tylenol!

I had a good round but was really disappointed due to a really hot start and garbage back 9

36/44 for an 80

Attachments

• 2020-03-25_1550.png
    2020-03-25_1550.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 2
55/46-101 (esc 96)

I don’t ever remember having a worse 9 than the front today. Just atrocious.

79 with three doubles on my first round since SuperBowl Sunday. The slope rating was 146 and I hit a few errant drives that really cost me and also hit a water hazard on a second shot on a par 5. I was actually quite pleased with my ball striking with my irons considering it was only my 7th round since last October. I hit 4 four or five wedges inside of 10 feet with the closest one being only a few inches from the cup. My putting stroke that I’ve completely revamped over the winter also held up really well so I’m very optimistic that my putting will continue to improve.

My second tournament sim round at Augusta. Thought I was doing a lot better than first round, and then started to hit some water on the back 9. Twice on hole 15 I believe:mad:
Ah, well, it's a pretty tight course with difficult greens. At least my driver was better this round. So for my 2 rounds, I shot 86+86=172.

1585323245447.png

37-37 this morning, I feel almost guilty getting to play but we did all the proper things and they had a raised cup so who knows how many putts would have not gone in, we tried to count the ones that were basically dead center. It was quite freeing to make a firm stroke and try to hit it dead center. I can say I had 4 birdies and 3 of them were within 4 ft of the cup, two were within 3 ft so pretty sure I would have made them.

Played LPGA Jones course today and shot my lowest round ever here from the Blues. 39/39 78. Key for me today was just a much more quiet lower body and being smooth. Driver off the tee box was excellent today. Love my new CF19 irons w C-Taper lite shafts. Course was when I started but was a lot of older people going out when I left this afternoon. 9D45A4BD-7314-45CC-AFB2-62429D59C1A0.jpeg6923395E-9CA4-4407-94D2-31CD8B7C8C36.jpeg6EA711BF-C229-4479-B5CD-21E6466C63FD.jpeg702A66BA-1F5F-48AC-AE4A-6153F579714B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back