What did you shoot today?

Struggled today back at my home course. 77. Changed to another putter and it felt very foreign.

Only had time for 9 today... very windy so tried to keep ball flights down. Shot a 40. Putting continues to save me.

Arccos says my driving hcp was a 24, approach was 30, while putting was +10.

83 today, but I felt like I played much better than I scored. Back to back doubles on #3 and #4 were the worst holes of the day.

71 this morning, head was a little sore this morning but I usually play pretty well when the banging is louder than my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80. 3 over front and 5 over back.

Totally sh*t the bed today! 103! I warmed up on the range, hit about 15 awesome balls, got on the first tee, and looked like a newborn baby giraffe swinging a golf club!

42/43 for 85. Didn't feel like I hit the ball as well as I did yesterday. Found myself way off balance on a lot of tee shots, likely trying to swing out of my shoes. The drives where I consciously dialed it back were much better results.
Put the 5 iron back in my bag after several years, and in two rounds so far I've hit it well. Usually for a layup so distance wasn't super-critical but the flight is straight which I'm happy with. The 3 wood is a different animal - that one's going to take some work.

39 - 38 - 77. My play was a little sloppier than it was the previous 2 days. Score felt worse than it actually was. 2 birdies, 5 bogeys and 1 double.

76 for my first round back. Besides double bogey on the first hole it was good golf.

Drove the ball extremely well.

I leaked oil on the back nine to shoot an 80. The RX ball performed well but I think I need to add some RXS to the stable. I could use a hair more spin at times.

81. Still lost though. We've swithced to playing a stablefrd nassau type thing. Couldn't compete giving 6 strokes to someone that was playing out of their skin.

Played again today at a different course. I wasn’t quite as sharp although it was much more windy. I shot a kind of shaggy 79 on a par 72. I played with my son and it was awesome to be out there.

Struggled on the last 3 holes yesterday and shot 81.

Had a chance to break 80 today, but just couldn't roll any putts to write down a birdie on the card. Shot 40 on the front & 41 on the back with a mindless bogey on two of the final three holes. Overall happy with the way I struck the ball & managed the course.

83 (43/40). Course was setup in challenging mode and spanked me hard. Good learning round. Hit some great shots and still bled strokes all over the place.

Course had a closest to pin contest going on the par 3s. I was a couple of feet off closest locations on two of them.

Shot a 37-42-79. Made all kinds of mental mistakes today. Think I need to take some time off. Been playing too much and need a break. I

37 - 39 - 76 in very windy conditions. Was definitely a feast or famine round. 3 birdies, 11 pars, 1 bogey and 3 doubles. Was -1 thru 8 after making all-world par saves on 7 and 8. Wheels then fell off and went +5 over the next 6 holes. Finished par - double - birdie - birdie.

45/39 - 85 today. Front 9 I had a blow-up hole. Chunked shot, followed by fish food, then more fish food...

Drove the ball very well though! Helped with a little warmer weather.

20200518_193330.jpg

Had to do a little restart after a partial round because of some cramping/tightness, but it turned out to be a good thing because the course in town was set up for a tournament, so the pins were tough and the greens were fast and firm. Love playing on that around here.

Didn't realize it was a clean round until just now.

Hit a crap 3W, yanked a couple wedges, and talked myself into a duffy 5-iron from a weird fairway lie, but recovered well and putted mostly well. Beautiful 75 and sunny day.

I think I've solved scrambling %, and total putts. If your GIR misses are no more than 30 ft away on the fringe/rough, your numbers get good in a hurry. The 4 today were easy. The only tough one was the sand.

Last edited:
Walked 9 and shot a 38 with 2 birdies and 4 bogies. So much for taking time off LOL. I think I have a problem :).

My buddy and I thought it would be fun to play 18 with our wives. I shot 77 1589934438592.gif

A really sh***y 82

Best 9 of the year tonight in league. Had a nice chip in on #2 that got me going!

Still lost my match 🤦‍♂️

07C01DD8-9052-460A-88C4-2909B2B9DCF6.jpeg

Back