What did you shoot today?

Shot 78 today. Driving was great. Putting really well. Missed some greens that I shouldn't have. But overall probably the best "complete game" round I've had in a long time. 8 bogeys, 8 pars, 2 birds.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of birdies (3), and the age of doubles (3), it was the epoch of pure, it was the epoch of chunk, it was the season of long putts, it was the season of short drives..you get the point.

45/41. 3 birdies but too many blowups. Ugh! Looking forward to trying again tomorrow, if the rain holds off.

Shot 38, two over, in a quick 9 tonight. I still am not striking the ball great, but 14 putts help the scoring.

My scores were slowly dropping down closer to my goal of 90 the past few weeks. But as always it shot up to 96. Had one breakdown hole. Plus 5 on hole 7. The thing is, when I'm in a tough spot I just don't have the skill to hit a clean shot. I hit a good drive. A couple feet in the fairway right next to the rough. I was standing in the rough to hit it and I was in a deep hole. The ball was above my ankles. Its different hitting above your feet when the ball isn't on a slope. Just felt so awkward trying to hit it that way.

In hindsight I shoulda just took my hybrid and tried to punch it closer to the green. I used my 6 iron from 155 into the wind and sure enough, a pull hook out of bounds. The only drop was in another tough spot. A good clean hit woulda got me to the green, but as I said, not skilled enough to pull it off. Clipped a tree branch and went to the water next to the green. Needless to say, that hole was a disaster. I was on my way to a decent front 9 by my standards.

shot a 44 yesterday. Was working on short game things I worked on in my lesson last week. Worked during my lesson, not during my round. And had 2 duffs.
Not my best effort.

42/42 = 84, and won $6 in a $2 Nassau. Scrambled my way out of trouble a few times. 2 birdies, 6 pars, 6 bogies, 4 doubles. 32 putts. Beautiful day (sunny and 85 degrees), but man was it busy - the pro shop said they had put out 108 golfers before 8 am.

+4 today (+4 front, even back) on a course I have not played in some time. Had a really rough front 9 with the irons (borrowed my buddies insane Epon blades with X7s). Only borrowing his irons until my new ones come in. They are insanely stout and heavy and the irons have old school lofts.

My driving was great today though.....the 44.5" driver experiment seems to be a great move for me.

48-47. Driver was better but not great. Approach shots pulled all of em. Good news is they opened the range up today so I can get back to some practice.

20200522_150748.jpg

Really fun round. Best score I've had there by 1. Had a couple stupid tee shots (really no excuse for them with the huge fairways, and otherwise drove it well), toed a hybrid pretty bad on a par 5, yanked a 7i that cost me a bogey, and had a couple chips that honestly could have been better. One of them went in though, along with a putt that missed my line. Liked the putter setup I played today. Think I've got that where I'm going to want it. Played through a dad and his boy and girl on the front, and saw a lot of other kids out there, which is always awesome.

Reasonable wind and wet conditions was weird, but cool. Good warmup for Arkansas. It's been raining like heck there lately. Great to get out before the holiday rush took over too. 1st tee looked insanely backed up when we left.

Stupid game... Had a good score (35 - 38 - 73) but would have been much better if I didn't fall asleep at the wheel a few times. 4 hole stretch on the front 9 where I went birdie-double bogey-birdie-birdie and had 3 straight bogeys on 14 - 16 (making bogeys on 14 and 15 is just flat out carelss for me). 4 birdies, 10 pars, 3 bogeys and 1 double.

41/40 today. Second 9 felt a whole lot better than the first. Wasn’t striking the ball terribly well today... need to get back to basics and focus on contact.
A windy day today.

A really sh***y 80.

View attachment 8945062

Really fun round. Best score I've had there by 1. Had a couple stupid tee shots (really no excuse for them with the huge fairways, and otherwise drove it well), toed a hybrid pretty bad on a par 5, yanked a 7i that cost me a bogey, and had a couple chips that honestly could have been better. One of them went in though, along with a putt that missed my line. Liked the putter setup I played today. Think I've got that where I'm going to want it. Played through a dad and his boy and girl on the front, and saw a lot of other kids out there, which is always awesome.

Reasonable wind and wet conditions was weird, but cool. Good warmup for Arkansas. It's been raining like heck there lately. Great to get out before the holiday rush took over too. 1st tee looked insanely backed up when we left.
How do you post your score card like that?

How do you post your score card like that?
It's just a screencap of my grint scorecard. If you enter yours on their site you can look at the that same way and screencap it, cut it, and upload it here. The edge gets cut off on my phone because of a format thing. It's just a smidge big.

and what swear word has 6 letters?
I can think of two I'd use to describe some of my rounds - a four letter one with "-ty" added on to the end. Or another four letter one with "-ed" added onto the end. ;)

Sh!tty
good grief... lol
Wow. Yeah, should have thought of that.

I guess I don't use that one. Which is weird, because I swear A LOT.

Back