What did you shoot today?

My driver swing is ****. Left me scrambling all day long. Which I did very very very well.
I can relate. I reverted to a 3/4 swing fairway finder. My round tomorrow morning will therefore include these beauties:

12DFDB58-9C34-4E9B-8EEC-0505AFD827F0.jpeg

F3D0F21E-AC03-4730-BFE6-D491645CF4E7.jpeg

Walked 27 today. Posted my highest round (that I can remember) on the front nine after starting with a par. 49. Played much better on the second lap of the front nine. Made a bad club selection and put a ball in the water. Finished with 41.

Need to get my swing back in shape asap. Signed up for singles and team match play events. In the team bracket, our first match is against guys with 1.3 and 2.7 indexes. They typically play from the 7K tees vs 6.5K tees for us.

79 today. It was really quite sloppy. I had 2 3 putts on the front to shoot 38 and then finished double, bogey, bogey to shoot 41 on the back. The other bogey was on a 420 yard par 4 playing into at least a 2 club wind so I didn’t feel bad about that one.

79 today. It was really quite sloppy. I had 2 3 putts on the front to shoot 38 and then finished double, bogey, bogey to shoot 41 on the back. The other bogey was on a 420 yard par 4 playing into at least a 2 club wind so I didn’t feel bad about that one.

I don't want to make it all about me or anything but G** Da**it I forgot I had a 3-putt today until I read that. ****! Totally killed the streak I had going.

That's a tough finish out there today, dude.

Edit: false alarm. I was off the green on the first one. Disregard.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Shot a 43-38-81. Ball striking was not good. Score would have been even worse if not for my putting today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was definitely a tale of two nines today. I had an abysmal 46 on the front. None of us played well. But then I put together a 37 on the back to end up posting an 83. I'm always pretty happy when I can shoot in the low to mid 80s. I had about 7 putts that just missed going in today or it could have been a really really good round.

Rough up and down 88. In the sand a lot which is some suck when they aren't maintained well these days. Nice eagle on a par 5. Driver just left me with 6 holes to go. Also, I really need the short game practice areas to open up. Did finish in under 3 hours...While being pushed a bit. #saturdaymorningattheclub.

A tough 85 in very windy conditions with a couple of lost balls when the wind played havoc with shots

No birdies today but a few good putts saved par at times

40/38=78 today. I didn't hit a lot of fairways or greens but short game was great and putter was hot. Really think if I could hit more GIR I could score better as I only had 29 putts today.

88 44/44 3 birdies today on a course I never played before. Could have easily been in the low 80s today, but had a few holes that cost me. I hit one chip and holed it. Driver was off some today though, so swapped the shaft out and really came on strong after that, but was a bit late in the round to help a whole lot.

I had to quit early yesterday because I was out of balls.

Restocked, and shot 82 this morning with a quad on the 13th. It didn't feel like an 82, but that's what the card said at the end.

38 - 39 - 77. Another amazing start with a double bogey... 2 birdies, 10 pars, 5 bogeys and 1 double.

In the neighborhood of 91 (finished in the dark), putting was shocking but I love the ERC Soft TT (only lost 1) & the dark finish was the second best bit of it.

Hole 18 was a riot, tee'd off pretty much in the dark, I felt like I pulled it left, found it in the fairway, my other mate we saw go right, found it in the fairway, couldn't find my other mates ball.

Of the balls we found from the tee, we had them to the end!

First full 18 of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
45/37/82 today. Easily my best round of the year. Two triples on the front, still struggled in the sand. +1 on the back with a chip in birdie. Didn’t lose any balls off the tee. 30 putts was definitely my best putting round of the year.1F595E4B-D8BF-4AD5-9E74-727E7CC53487.jpeg

80. Character building day today. Really struggled with the Epon blade X7s borrowed from my buddy. Too much for me. Given that, it wasn’t the irons fault. Short game and putting was no bueno today. Worst round in a while. Trying to shrug it off and move on.

37/43, real close to staying in it for the whole round

Shot a 2 over 74 this morning. Wedge and chipping game was on point. Lipped out our burned the edge on about 4-5 holes.

20200524_123327.jpg

You know how to play to your handicap? You make a thread b*tching about how hard it is under the new system. Apparently that's all it takes to do it a couple times real quick. Lol

I need to figure out why I go to hell on the 11-15 stretch. It is well beyond a passing trend. My FIR, GIR, and scoring are insanely poor on those holes compared to the rest. It's like I completely forget how to play for a bit. A couple nice chips and putts saved me on it today.

Was a little too quick with driver today. Trying too hard in soft and wet conditions.

Best golf of my life right now though. Didn't expect it.

Last edited:
Back