What did you shoot today?

Played 9 after work tonight with Jen and I shot +2 including a lost ball after we saw the ball kick hard left near a hazard that we couldn't find

Greens are getting better after the work that was done literally the day before courses were allowed to open here in the UK

Not sure, but after starting par-par-par, I Tom Brady’d all over the course. Had a big time L-R flight, which honestly isn’t that common any more for me. Contact wasn’t awful, but my distances were significantly shorter than I remember.

80 (43/37). Slow start. Front nine was a mess. More challenging course than yesterday (higher rating and slope). 30 putts! Fun back nine: 1 birdie, 6 pars, 2 bogeys. Hit an amazing flop shop to 10 feet on 18 and just lipped the putt. I really wanted that last par. Oh well.

New putter = oh yeah. First date was hot. :cool:

Started slow but finished better 48-42. Sr group play, it rained through 6,7,and 8. Stopped on 9 but still looked like it would continue. The other 3 guys bagged but I played the back rain free and better. Glad I did

80 (43/37). Slow start. Front nine was a mess. More challenging course than yesterday (higher rating and slope). 30 putts! Fun back nine: 1 birdie, 6 pars, 2 bogeys. Hit an amazing flop shop to 10 feet on 18 and just lipped the putt. I really wanted that last par. Oh well.

New putter = oh yeah. First date was hot. :cool:
Counting it, consistency is what you have going on right now. 3 for 3 so far.
Hope she returns tomorrow. ;)

Not sure, but after starting par-par-par, I Tom Brady’d all over the course. Had a big time L-R flight, which honestly isn’t that common any more for me. Contact wasn’t awful, but my distances were significantly shorter than I remember.

I only laughed because of the Tom Brady thing and I'm going to use that. I know at least 5 people it will drive crazy. hahaha

Counting it, consistency is what you have going on right now. 3 for 3 so far.
Hope she returns tomorrow. ;)

Thanks. Having fun. I feel so close to better rounds. They'll come. On the back 9 I was giving my buddy some tips and realized I needed those tips more than he did. Started using my legs again. I forgot they were there. :LOL: Boom, my approach shots were money.

35" SL black seven S with the pistol grip was exactly what the doctor ordered. That little bit of toe hang took away the left misses and guesswork compensation that was going with that. Little firmer sound. Love the appearance and alignment. Much prefer pistol grip to oversize. I will still look for a blade to go with it, but the urgency is much lower. I can take my time. When I first took it out to the practice green, within 10 min I made 4 putts from 25-30 feet and just about everything from within 10 feet. I went back and said: sold. It was part of a new batch of putters that had just arrived and weren't in system. They sent me out to play my round with the putter and purchase afterwards. I played the round knowing I could change my mind. Best possible test.

20200527_154635.jpg

Might be one of, if not the cleanest cards I've ever had. Had to double check with my buddy and go through the shots to verify that I actually hit all the fairways. They're large there, but definitely isn't common for me.

I have zero idea how things are coming together like this, but that honestly didn't seem that hard. I was kind of wishing a couple more putts fell when we were finishing up. Just crazy. Wish I could pass on some of the mojo to someone struggling.

Think I should go out of my way to find a real challenging course or one that doesn't suit my game well. Probably could use a good dose of humility.

On the back 9 I was giving my buddy some tips and realized I needed those tips more than he did. Started using my legs again. I forgot they were there. :LOL: Boom, my approach shots were money.

That's good stuff right there. Love that.

I only laughed because of the Tom Brady thing and I'm going to use that. I know at least 5 people it will drive crazy. hahaha
You’re welcome to laugh at my golf game any time man haha. Can’t take it too seriously

Shot a 90 today w/ 31 putts. Putter was the only thing working today. I'll take it considering just over a year ago this was the worst part of my game. Strokelab has made a big difference and now the 10 has contributed greatly. Anyways here's my stats. I have struggled with distance while here in Norfolk as there is something with the air. All my clubs we're almost a full club short most times. But I've played 117 holes since Thursday and that was with not playing Monday or Tuesday so I'll take it. Time to take a couple weeks off while the Navy puts me in quarantine, lol. Screenshot_20200527-164651_TheGrint.jpg

Subbed for a friend in a league tonight and played awful. Shot a 43, think I missed every green and short game including putting was horrendous once again. Even put a different putter in the bag tonight and didn't help

A glorious day with my irons with 5 birdies and one bogey for a -4 69. My putter was cold but it was the most satisfying day with my irons since at least last October. One two putt birdie and three of the others were less than 2.5 feet. 17 GIR and I wish it was so easy all the time, lol. ;)

42/37=79 Started out bad, and the guy I was playing with mentioned my ball position, moved it back on ball and the back nine just came alive. I know I have an issue with it creeping forward, but don't always correct it.
FIR=12/14
GIR=6/18 Really need to get this # up to at least 60%
Putts=31 Burned a lot of edges on the front nine and didn't save the pars.

38 - 36 - 74. 2 birdies, 13 pars, 2 bogeys and 1 double. The double was caused by my own stupidity. Thought it was for some reason a good idea to stand just shy of knee deep in a stream and try to hit the ball off the bank of the stream. After the first swipe failure of barely touching the ball, common sense prevailed and I took a drop and fought hard to make double.

Last edited:
38 - 36 - 74. 2 birdies, 13 pars, 2 bogeys and 1 double. The double was caused by my own stupidity. Thought it was for some reason be a good idea to stand just shy of knee deep in a stream and try to hit the ball off the bank of the stream. After the first swipe failure of barely touching the ball, common sense prevailed and I took a drop and fought hard to make double.
My one triple today came from my own stupidity too. Hit my drive out to the right into a waste area on a par 4, and had two choices - attempt a high shot toward the green over three trees, or punch a low one back out into the fairway, where I'd have a chance to get on in three. Of course I selected the first option, and of course it didn't turn out well. After wasting a stroke, recovering my ball and taking a penalty stroke for an unplayable lie, I did what I should have done in the first place - punched back out to the fairway, where I now had a chance to get on in five. :mad: The worst part is that I know better, and have been trying hard not to do stupid things like that.

43/44-87 (ESC 86). This was maybe my best ball striking day in 5 years. Couldn’t putt to save my life (38 putts)

42 in league tonight. I was +4 on the two par 5's. That's one of the most frustrating things ever in golf for me is not taking advantage of par 5's.

42 in league tonight. I was +4 on the two par 5's. That's one of the most frustrating things ever in golf for me is not taking advantage of par 5's.
We have two short par 5s on my home course that are great birdie opportunities. I'm always frustrated if I don't birdie at least one of them, such a wasted opportunity.

41/43 - 84. Not a bad night out! Putter was working well again, but only pulled driver once; we need to have a talk at home before coming into play again.

Put together a 91 yesterday. Played fairly well on the front 9, but the back 9 ate me for lunch.

Well I had a first tonight - went out for 9 after work and played some boring golf

9 straight pars with a couple of birdie chances in there as well

Well I had a first tonight - went out for 9 after work and played some boring golf

9 straight pars with a couple of birdie chances in there as well
Hard to beat that. Nice.

Not a great day score-wise, but I had 2 birdies. One on a 170 yard par 3 where my tee shot ended up 3' short of the pin, and the other on a par 5 where my 3rd shot ended up 3" behind the cup.

Back