What did you shoot today?

Played men's league today with a 92 year old and a guy in his 70's and started 6 over for 6, but during those 1st 6 holes I watched the 92 year old guy and started thinking about my tempo and got it together to shoot 1 over the for last 12 holes for a 78. Amazing to see we can play this game forever and still do well and have fun, he had a 45 on the front nine and not from the forward tees.

An ugly 48/46 = 94. I was hot and cold all day, would hit a couple great shots, then just completely lose it, over and over again. 5/12 FW, 4/18 GIR, 34 putts. At least I had one birdie to keep my streak alive.

Had an atrocious front nine today. Shot a 51, nomore needs to be said about that. Did much better on the back nine, I shot a 43. The driver came to live and so did the putter. Had three longs putts of 20 ft or more to save some strokes. So for a 94, I can't complain to loudly.

An ugly 48/46 = 94. I was hot and cold all day, would hit a couple great shots, then just completely lose it, over and over again. 5/12 FW, 4/18 GIR, 34 putts. At least I had one birdie to keep my streak alive.

Boy, I hear you. My score for 18 was exactly the same. Front nine was worse and my back nine was alittle better. :(

47, first round with no lost balls or penalties!
Making progress!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

84 at today’s men’s club. First couple of rounds after course opening were scary. Things are smoothing out now

36 - 36= 72
3 birdies
32 putts with a 3 put
8/14 FIR
13/18 GIR

Should have gone way lower

A pretty unimpressive 100. Played OK, but had 3 BAD holes.

A 35 that was so exciting, I started a new thread to brag about it.

Best round (9 holes) today

Shot 32 (-3)
2 Birdies, 1 Eagle, 1 Bogey, 5 Pars

Really enjoyed it this morning

20200630_104912.jpg

A couple better than my prediction for the day. I was working on something with my iron swing and it definitely hurt my dispersion, but I was mostly on the fringe of some insanely placed pins. Had a real nice 4-iron into a par 5, a 75 yard wedge approach to a few inches, and holed a really tough short-side bunker shot. There's definitely some adjustments than need to made to ball flight with the fairway and rough here, but if I wasn't working on a flaw I think I could absolutely pound pins from 150 in. Without a big wind calculation it seems like point and shoot. Got the practice in before the heat, so that feels like a win!

38-38 / 76

Tempo felt great, and hit some awesome iron shots. Putter was good but missed 5 birdie looks. Only the birdie putts wouldnt go in. Par saves were working.

89 yesterday at Rivers Edge in Shalotte NC.
IMG_20200629_073516852.jpgIMG_20200629_120226204.jpg
Beautiful very playable Palmer design. Thanks to the THPers that recommended it.

Played well today. I have been on a bad run of playing a good nine and a bad nine. Biggest difference today was no penalties. I hit 8 GIR and had 30 putts (12 on back)
BE603A1A-4C42-4D6C-882A-DCDB07C7C70C.png

A 70(-2) with a double bogey on the 3rd hole. Three of my approach shots finished inside of a foot today and one of them may have been a rejected HOI by a skewed noodle that was sitting very high in the cup allowing for more than half the ball to sit above the hole when a putt was made. My ball mark was 4 feet short of the hole and the ball finished 6 inches past the hole and had to hit the hole with the way the green was sloped and where the ball finished.

I’m a model of consistency with my last 4 rounds this past week having been scores of 79, 69(-4), 80, 70.

Last edited:
40 - 39 - 79. Was a struggle from start to finish today for some reason. My swing was just not there today. 1 birdie, 9 pars and 8 bogeys.

How do I post a YouTube video so that it shows in the body of the post?

How do I post a YouTube video so that it shows in the body of the post?

20200630_172045.jpg

Tap that, and then copy the YouTube video address into it.

Walked 18 today. For the first time since buying the new fwy woods, I struggled. Rest of game was ok. Felt like I was all over the place. Driver was descent. 50% FIR. Most fwys missed were in the first cut. 43/41 for an 84 w/ 34 putts.

Managed an 84 with four doubles. Actually had a couple of OB penalties which is rare for me. Could have been so much better, but that's golf.

One of those days where you strike it really well, but just can’t quite score.

40/39 - 79 from a hair under 7000.

Back