What did you shoot today?

My third round of the year and first where I played my own ball and kept score. Pretty much looked like a guy with only 6 rounds played in 3 years.

54\50 for 104.
Had a nice double digit 10 on the 2nd hole with 3 penalties.
Driver was OK. Iron game was stinky. Only hit 2 GIR. Putting game was horrible. Chipping was OK.
First round with a new putter. Lots of 3 putts through first 12 holes then I settled down and made 1 putt on three holes in a row and finished the round with 2 putts for the last three holes.

Did enjoy getting outside the house at least. And did enjoy the course. Chateau course at Chateau Elan.

76. 37/39 with 3 birdie and No Doubles. I don’t remember the last time I went double bogey free in a round so that’s fun.

played the Par 5s at -2. That helps. Rolling putts is fun except missing a 5 footer for Par followed by a 2 footer for Par and a 6 footer for birdie. Oh my.

Tee game has been very strong lately. 10 greens hit yesterday. Enjoy the hot form. One small adjustment made last week, flaring my left foot open a little bit on tee shots and approach shots. Finish better on my left side.

43-49. Ouch! Played in my first tournament where I didn’t know anyone. Didn’t have any of the usual men’s club trash talk and banter. The guys I played with were pleasant enough, just a totally different atmosphere than the usual club tourneys.

Been there before many times. ;)

82 in the 2nd day of our club championship to go with a 79 yesterday. Today was really an 81, but COVID cups. The clear plastic sleeve around the flag for lifting the ball out of the cup is large diameter. I rolled one right into it and the ball popped out. I was flighted in the group playing from the back tees, set all the way back. Different course from there. Grinder round but happy enough with my play. Putted much better (32 putts). Had tweener yardages on a lot of approach shots and didn't chip as well as I usually do. I enjoyed playing with a new and competitive group.

A pair of 39s for 78. Pretty decent followup to yesterday's round. 10 FIR and only 6 GIR. No idea on putts.

Solid 42/45-87 yesterday with no triples. 52/41-93 today. A little bit too much fun last night combined with some serious soreness and pain from a lot of swings the last few days and it took me a full nine and then some to get loose. I’ve never experienced anything quite like that where I physically couldn’t complete my normal swing.
44D9D214-4748-4BC9-AC06-1F981A313EE6.jpegB990E6E2-2366-443B-8C45-524E64B797B7.jpeg

Friday 50/44 =94: Should have played smarter on the front 9 on this course and think i could have been below 90
Saturday 44/42=86: Had 2 penalties on the front 9 here hitting in the water and 2 3 putts throughout the round. If not for those would have been real close to breaking 80 which i had as a goal at the beginning of the season. Felt good to get back in the 80s as I have been stuck in the mid to low 90s

Didn’t feel it today. Think I have played too many days in a row. Shot a 40-40-80. Surprised I didn’t do worse considering my attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My typical mid-70’s round. 37/39 for a 76. Man, I need to start breaking through, like I did in the spring time.

41-40=81. Two birdies, 29 putts. 71% fairways. 5 up-and-down. Three doubles including on #1 and #2 thanks to early tee time and no range time. Still, happy w the score all considered, really happy w putting, and my chipping and pitching were much better than they have been for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still getting back into the game. 4th round since I returned. An even 100 on the Lakes Course at Indian Creek Golf Club in Carrollton, TX. I improved by 9 shots since I played the course 2 weeks ago. Missed some short putts, but felt I was hitting the ball better. A good day for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Had a really fun day playing a new course up in Dawson City, Yukon. Nice little 9-hole layout... 3181 from the blues.

I went 42/40 = 82. I’m happy enough with that!! Now on to cooking a steak over open flame!
Improved by two strokes today!

41/39 = 80. Incredibly happy with the score! I had to put my driver away though. First two holes were big misses... good news though is my 3W was on fire. Fairway after fairway!

83. I was totally on the struggle bus on the front 9 I shot 45/38. I seemed to figure some stuff out on the 7th hole and hit it better after that. I did struggle a bit with my short game also.

Quick evening nine tonight and dropped a 40. Scrambled around but had some fun. Didn't take it too seriously or even run Arccos. Perfect night in NE Ohio!

:cool:6 birdies and one bogey 67. My local 9 hole course 6,200 yards. slope 113. I know this course intimately. I am a member and have played it many times over 20 years.

At 67 years old I am particularly happy with a 290-yard drive, and a high fade 19-degree Fairwood wood (on purpose) second shot on a par 5 dogleg right par 5. The result was one of the birds. An easy chip and one putt.

I really concentrated on keeping my hands soft at the start of the downswing through the hitting zone. I had to adjust my approach shoot distances as the slinging action of the club through the zone was giving me one much club distance. The distance gain startled me as I hit the first few shots!

Putting was awesome. I gamed my Scotty Circa 62 #6 with a fatcat weighted grip. Rolling the ball was easy. This putter plus my old bullseye Titleist no flange teardrop should be my staples. That latter putter also needs to be in my bag. The older bronze putter on greens with stimps of 12 or more gives me great weight control. Some oldies but goodies putters. The other "magical" putter is my Ping Anser 2 Cadence with the lightweight insert with a pingman grip. Another oldie.

The driving and iron length I attribute to reverting to a modified Jack Nicklaus swing prototype. High swing plane with soft hands. I can not replicate the Jack left knee kick but I do try to fire my hips at the downswing to sling the club. After watching Nicklaus so many years I was easy for me to visualize that swing in my pre-swing routine. Chipping and putting as also a Jack N. prototype. He is a most awesome golf model.

Last edited:
Played the last 4 days, Club tournament shot 37-38/75 15 pars, a double and 2 bogeys. Awesome.
So cal net amateur 43-48/91 like 6 doubles and a triple bogey
Day 2 same facility, different course par 74 i shot 46-43/89 only 2 doubles but 2 triples and managed to get a birdie
Finally today, another away club tourney, 47 front, mostly bad drives costing me, but get it figured out at the turn and shoot 38 on back. Great improvement and striking the ball well.
Wanted to take a little break before next scheduled round on Sat but now want to get back out there and try again:D

Quick evening nine tonight and dropped a 40. Scrambled around but had some fun. Didn't take it too seriously or even run Arccos. Perfect night in NE Ohio!
Awesome featured Sunday round!

72 with 5 birdies...

A couple of atrocious tee shots cost me at least 4 shots.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shot 49 for nine holes late yesterday. Really frustrating day - drove the ball great but my second shots were garbage and cost me 4-5 strokes. If it wasn’t for my chipping and putting, it would have been way worse.

Thank goodness I have more golf lessons coming up!

20200824_121709.jpg

The score is the score, but I didn't play well. No two ways about it. Was really excited to play tournament greens today, but was all over the place off the tee after hole 5. Mostly survived it, because I tend to, but on a couple courses at home that would have been ugly. Not great.

Last edited:
Back