What did you shoot today?

Played the absolutely worst round I have played since coming back to the game 3.5 years ago. Ended up 49-46-95. I lost 7 balls and had more doubles than I can even count. The weird thing is I didn’t even get mad. I think since I’m a better player now I know these things happen and I will come back and play again tomorrow. Hopefully at a much lower score. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This sounds so familiar. I had one in December where I lost 5 I think, had around 8 total penalty strokes, countless doubles, a triple, 3-putts, the whole shebang really, and shot an 86 I think because I had an eagle and 2 birdies mixed in.
Love your attitude about it. It's just one of those days and tomorrow's a different one. (y)

This sounds so familiar. I had one in December where I lost 5 I think, had around 8 total penalty strokes, countless doubles, a triple, 3-putts, the whole shebang really, and shot an 86 I think because I had an eagle and 2 birdies mixed in.
Love your attitude about it. It's just one of those days and tomorrow's a different one. (y)
@Architex absolutely it’s familiar. I shot a 91 last weekend. Found out my new box of balls don’t float - I lost at least 4 in the drink.

Shot 76 at a par 70 Robert Trent Jones course today. 1 over on the front, 5 over on the back. 2 Double bogeys on dumb shots, 1 birdie, and a whole lot of pars. Was a pretty good day controlling my irons. Even my misses turned out pretty good.

@Architex absolutely it’s familiar. I shot a 91 last weekend. Found out my new box of balls don’t float - I lost at least 4 in the drink.

The Golf Gods are a cruel and vindictive bunch. But they do have a sense of humor, albeit a very sadistic and twisted one! :LOL:

beat my best round by 4 strokes. No birdies, but quite a few opportunities. Just nothing horrible. Shot a record (for me) 7 pars and an 85. Great day! Screenshot_20200905-195741_18Birdies.jpg

38 - 38 - 76. My driving proficiency left me during the middle 3rd of the round and I piled up a bunch of bogeys. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

42-47/89 on a new course today. Not overly long with too many doglegs and blind shots for my liking. Stiff back resulted in some serious slicing issues off the tee. Two birdies on the front and 33 putts for the round. Lost a few around the green, but also had a couple great chips. There was a 9 on the back that was a perfect combination of bad shots and poor decisions. Held it together despite having some real wild shots.
A1ED91DE-C2CD-47ED-B7A7-107036CFA560.jpeg

Had a descent round today on an absolutely beautiful course. First time playing. Driver was on fire. Long irons, chipping and putting were on fire, but short irons killed me today. Only hit 1 GIR, and it hurt me. 41/44(85) w/ 28 putts. Back 9 was really tough. Lots of intimidating elevation changes.
E2DD540E-A6C3-474C-B644-BEC6250AA9A1.png4DAA775A-55BE-4A96-9484-BA78C64D6D5E.jpegA0C8180F-8D8B-44E9-AEF4-FA698301AD7B.jpeg

First time ever breaking par and shooting in the 60s. Shot 69 on a par 70, 35-34. Personal best score. 6 birdies with a triple on the first hole.

Course in on the short side at 5800 yards though. 68.2/128 so not sure how to reconcile that for future Personal Bests.

Congratulations.:drinks:

90 yesterday with 40 putts. One miss was a 4 foot birdie opportunity.

My putter has been failing me for the last couple months. Never have been great at putting but it's slipping about 5 strokes around over the last couple months. Even increasing practice lately hasn't helped. May try a mallet putter soon. Always used a blade but have more of a straight back and through stroke.

Still working on breaking 100. Had another erratic day. Scored a 50 on 9 hole par 36 yesterday. Blew up on one hole (8 on a par 4) but birdied the next.

20200906_111044.jpg

Going to have to get on the website and edit that. Technically I putted #3 from an inch in the fringe, so that should be a missed green, 0 putt, and the tee accuracy on 17 is off. I hit that green. I hate when you miss by more than 15' on a par 3 with grint, and it asks you for the direction, and then logs it as a missed green in that direction even though you're on. Annoying. So 1 missed GIR, and 29 putts.

Aaanyway, much better round at the old home course. My alignment has definitely crept off on the tee box. It is showing in every way. Need a range session when I get home with driver and the sticks. Missed a couple makeable birdie putts, and cooked a 6i approach from a side hill lie, from prime eagle approach position. That was a missed opportunity. Definitely glad to have a good one there before I leave though after basically laying an egg the last couple times!

Last edited:
Very solid one over 73 today. Two birds and three bogeys. Missed a ton of birdie putts (greens slow after aeration a week ago), but very happy with my ball striking tee to green.

42-38-80. I again started off really poorly and was +5 through three holes. Settled in and only went +3 for the rest of the round. Felt good to finish strong and get back on the birdie train as well. Once I can figure out my start, I’m feeling really good about how I’m swinging

74. 35/39. Was 1 under on 12 tee and got an awful break and got into a bogey funk for a few holes then righted the ship. Really hit the irons well today.

Didn't think I could do this. Definitely didn't think I could do it when I got started today - but here we are. Fresh PB.

Wowsa. Putting was INSANE (and that includes the three lip outs).

1599415157312.png

Didn't think I could do this. Definitely didn't think I could do it when I got started today - but here we are. Fresh PB.

View attachment 8962202
Nice. Round. (y)(y)(y) Congrats!

New driver thought help today, or just the putting fire?

Also, BIG overnight cut coming. :LOL::LOL:

Nice. Round. (y)(y)(y)

New driver thought help today, or just the putting fire?

Also, big overnight cut coming. :LOL::LOL:
Ohhh yeah, helped enormously. I went from having a driver and woods I couldn't do ANYTHING with to having a driver go straight down the middle with a small fade hahaha - what a freaking difference.

Another round scheduled for 8am tomorrow. We'll see which version of insanity shows up this time haha

View attachment 8962202
I think a WITB would be nice after this....

Insane round.

38/42. Really struggled on the back nine, two tee balls OB. Luckily they were red staked so only a single penalty stroke each. It's not often I have to reach into the bag not only once but twice for a fresh ball. I drove the short par 4 12th hole, had 12ish feet for eagle, a downhill bender. I didn't think I hit it that hard, but it slid by and left me about 3.5 feet coming back for birdie. Lipped out for a three-putt par. Strangest part was it didn't even phase me.

The forecast isn't positive, but hopefully we get another round in tomorrow.

41/34 after finding something that helped me strike it well on the 6th hole. 3 birdies (all on the back 9), 8 pars, 6 bogeys, 1 double. Trending cap now down to 8.2 and dropping. Love this game!

+6/+3 with 2 birds in the back for an 81. Was a rough start but had a good strect on the back

Back