What did you shoot today?

Day 2 of the Club Championship with no real chance of winning since I shot 77 on day one, putting me 13 shots behind the leader, lol.

43-36 for 79, par 72.

Felt great on the range, was very loose and on point so I felt confident, but the threesome in front of us was taking their time like it was the final pairing on Sunday at Winged foot, US Open 2020, smh. So the slow play I can deal with, but it was a cooler day out and my back immediately tightened up. All efforts to stay loose were in vain and that was the death of my front nine. So on the back nine I finally stopped trying to force the issue and started swinging literally may 60%. Piped drive on 10. Then I tweaked my lower back on the 180 yard 6i tee shot on 11...uh oh...then it started raining, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because I put on my 3/4 sleeve rain top and having that on got me hot...and a little more loose...proceeded to keep swinging like a baby...after that the hardest part was chipping and putting...but I got through.

Day 1: 8/14 Fairways, 8 GIR, 28 putts, 4/4 sand saves
Day 2: 6/14 Fairways, 8 GIR, 31 putts, 1/1 sand save

Word of the weekend: ScramblingFool

Silver lining? My lone birdie on day one, 187 yard par 3, stood up for one of only 2 skins netting me $240...yeah baby!!! lol

After an 84 last week for on of my better scores this year went out and shot a 94 yesterday. Did not lose one golf ball! My short game was flippin' awful. chipping and putting and short irons. Extremely disappointed as I was with my dad and was hoping to score well as he does not get out often anymore

View attachment 8963212
PB! The putter was on fire and my 60°, when I’d miss the green, put me in great spots to save par. The only hole that I really made a mistake was 12. I topped two 3w in a row. Still saved bogey with a pretty good putt as well. On both 15 and 16, I missed five footers to save par. It’s crazy how even on a PB, I think about everything I could have done better. It was a great day though and I’m really pumped up!

Awesome round! You have a strong game. Lower yet is just around the corner! 💪

Had a good day with the putter, for a 35. Haven't praised the flat stick in awhile, so this round was nice. That being said not enough greens in regulation.

1600091820229.png

43/42 = 85. 6/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 29 putts. One 3-putt, six 1-putts and a zero-putt from holing a downhill chip out of the rough. Overall a decent day with a few rough spots, which is kinda my usual lately. A birdie, 8 pars, 5 bogeys, 3 doubles and a triple (a par 3 that went horribly wrong).

20200914_174104.jpg

After 11 posting rounds not playing to the cap, that's 2 in a row. New irons felt better, new driver setup is working, putting was good. We flew through the front 9 and I was on fire. Then things slowed and so did I. Might need to go out in the afternoon when it's empty and zoom through to see how that goes. Lots of good shots for me, super bipolar round for my guy. Somehow the money ended up even. :unsure: Felt good though. Misses are real small right now. No golf tomorrow. Body needs a day.

Not the best day for me ball striking. When I hit the B212 correctly it soared. The launch angle on the B21 is higher than my Mavrik SZ. I shot 42/44=86. Felt like it should have been higher. It was hard to keep a rythem going with as slow as the play was today. Took over 5 hours for a round of golf today.

Last edited:
THP and some TV highlights. It was mostly a catch up day for choose at my place and my parents.

40/38 this morning, a few mental lapse around the green cost me from going real low. :(

So I unexpectedly was able to get out and play tonight. I was only able to get through 13 holes since I ended up losing light but I finished the front nine at even 36 and stayed even the following four holes as well. 6/10 FIR, 11/13 GIR, 24 putts and two birdies. Man, I don't know what's going on with my game, and I'm not excited for the correction that will inevitably happen, but tonight felt good! Really bummed I wasn't able to finish since I felt like I really couldn't miss. Excited to try to keep it up!

Last edited:
I was going to go out, then I wasn't then I did.

Probably shouldn't have.

Shot an 86, but it was a fight to even do that.

38/36 on a par 70 yesterday. 1 birdie, 12 pars, 5 bogeys. Last 2 rounds have been 75, 74. Still struggling with driver at the moment but it isn't hurting me penalty wise.

41/39-80. First decent round in a few weeks. Everything seemed to come together, especially my chipping.

I was going to go out, then I wasn't then I did.

Probably shouldn't have.

Shot an 86, but it was a fight to even do that.
I look forward to the day that an 86 is something to be disappointed in. :golf3:

I look forward to the day that an 86 is something to be disappointed in. :golf3:
I thought I would too. I was wrong. Stupid game.

39 with two birdies, a bogey and two doubles tonight. May have consumed some aiming fluid and felt it. Both doubles were after outstanding drives. Seems the beers don't help my approaches lol

Made the first triple of the year trying to hack out super soft mulch that they stacked up along a tree line.

Last week was a nice week...

Shot 7-under 65, one from my career best, last Saturday, then played in our Club Championship over the weekend. We play the RED tees on day one, the WHITE tees on day two, and then the BLUE tees on the final round. I played poorly on day one and shot 69 from the red tees, rated 68.1 for men. Shot 68 on day 2 from the whites (70.2/126), but came back and played one of my best rounds ever on the final round: 8-under 64 with 8 birdies and a hole-out eagle from 155 on a par-4.

Sadly, the first day when I shot only 68 from the red tees cost me, and I finished 2nd by a stroke to our now 12-time Club Champ. What a tournament. I'll never forget it. After the weekend, my index now down to +1.9. At 53 and with a horribly balky back and hitting it 245 off the tee, I'm pretty pleased with that. Average score over my last 20 rounds is 72.1.

Blue tees are 6,570, 71.3/129

IMG_0219.jpgIMG_0219.jpgIMG_0220.jpg

20200916_141636.jpg

Got a little wild as it slowed and the phone started going crazy, but scored surprisingly well for how it went. Wanted to play there today because there are some long iron shots, and a wide variety of wedge approaches too. Good test for the new irons, and the brand new wedges. Wedges went well except for touch on a couple in the 40-60 yd range. Just not as familiar. The irons.. still fighting the project x lz. Going to give them 2 or 3 more round before doing anything drastic. They're not bad or anything, but 3 results were definitely poorer than normal because they just feel foreign and hard to time. They load completely differently than the last set I was playing. Putted well, and it was actually kind of awesome to get to use a greenside wedge a bit. Had a couple real nice chips with the new 54* M grind. Real nice approach and sandy with the 58*, too. Fun, and grateful to play with a guy who lives patience, love, and tolerance, because my sisters and our attorney were absolutely blowing up my phone the last hour. I would have turned it off if it were anything but a house we've been trying to get sold for over 2 years.

Oh yeah, also survived a bogey free jinx my buddy put on me on hole 14. I do actually have a pretty good streak going there.

Last edited:
View attachment 8963778

Got a little wild as it slowed and the phone started going crazy, but scored surprisingly well for how it went. Wanted to play there today because there are some long iron shots, and a wide variety of wedge approaches too. Good test for the new irons, and the brand new wedges. Wedges went well except for touch on a couple in the 40-60 yd range. Just not as familiar. The irons.. still fighting the project x lz. Going to give them 2 or 3 more round before doing anything drastic. They're not bad or anything, but 3 results were definitely poorer than normal because they just feel foreign and hard to time. They load completely differently than the last set I was playing. Putted well, and it was actually kind of awesome to get to use a greenside wedge a bit. Had a couple real nice chips with the new 54* M grind. Real nice approach and sandy with the 58*, too. Fun, and grateful to play with a guy who lives patience, love, and tolerance, because my sisters and our attorney were absolutely blowing up my phone the last hour. I would have turned it off if it were anything but a house we've been trying to get sold for over 2 years.

Oh yeah, also survived a bogey free jinx my buddy put on me on hole 14. I do actually have a pretty good streak going there.
Great round

20200916_161200.jpg
Sitting at the outdoor 19th hole having a couple of brewskis. This has probably been the the best ball striking day I've had all summer. Shot 40/42=82 today. The B21 performed great today. I hit 11/14 fairways today. I can't do much better than that. Two of the drives were within 5 ft of the fairway. The other drive went way right, but that was on me, not the driver. My Betti SS9 was great. I had 32 putts, nothing to brag about but there were no doubles either. It will stay in the bag fo Fridays round also. Weather was spectacular and the guys I played were cool to. All in all a great day. 😁

45/43 = 88. Terrible putting on the front 9, had two 3-putts and a couple other 2s that should've been 1-putts. Missed a birdie putt from <2 feet, felt like I couldn't read a break to save my life. Putter finally woke up on the back 9 with 15 putts, but short ones were still knee-knockers after that front 9.

Highlight of the day was a birdie on 18 to keep my streak alive. Missed the green about 25 yards short and left, was in the rough in a valley with the green about 15 feet above me. Hit a high pitch with the 58° PM Grind and landed it a foot from the hole, then made the putt.

Last edited:
43/42 with 8 pars, 7 bogies, 2 doubles and a triple. Par 71. After a nice run of consistency, today was a bit of a struggle. 31 putts and only 31% fairways. Tee game was pretty solid but inconsistent approach play did me in. I scrambled quite a bit to get up and down. But did a poor job of it. lol

Back