What did you shoot today?

Club championship this weekend.
39-38=77 par 71 on day one with a triple, 3 doubles and 5 birdies...🤦‍♂️

37-35=72 par 71...a little more steady today...was in second but had to leave to pick my girl up from cheer practice, so no idea where I ended up... But overall I was pleased... Tournament play is so much different than playing your Saturday morning men's group with your friends!

Last edited:
Shot my best score ever of 84! Made a trip back home and played my home course and have never been so consistent. I had 5-6 GIR which is really really good for me. Didn't make a single birdie putt either, which sucks, but now all I can think about is if I can play like that on a day my putts are dropping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a round for the first time in a month. The start of the virtual school year has created a busy house! I snuck out for a late afternoon 9 holes on Sunday afternoon and apparently the time off did me well. Shot a 42 and avoided any double bogeys. It was great to get back out on the course.
Screenshot_20200928-090837.png

40-37. Was -1 thru 7 on the back and had a bogey-bogey finish, lip out on 17 and missed the Par on 18 by 3 inches, oh well!

1 Birdie but it was really the tee game and around the greens that was my strengths. Also playing the Par 3s at E is helpful!

Felt nice to be out. Zero wind so it was a hot day but a 9am tee time helped to be off the course before it got too hot.

8 one putts including 6 of them for Par Saves! Scrambling.

Shot my best score ever of 84! Made a trip back home and played my home course and have never been so consistent. I had 5-6 GIR which is really really good for me. Didn't make a single birdie putt either, which sucks, but now all I can think about is if I can play like that on a day my putts are dropping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats wtg!!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Our course has the back 9 closed for overseeding, so it's front 9 only. Played 9 with one of my regular partners, then he split and I played 18 more solo since the course was pretty wide open. Shot 46/45 (the front is par 37), then in the third 9 I was dropping balls and trying different shots, experimenting with different approaches to playing a few of the holes, hitting multiple chips/putts around the greens, etc. Beautiful day except for sustained 20 mph winds.

Visited a course which was just reopened....Greystone Mountain which use to be Twin Oaks in Orange, PA.....Lot of really great shots today and some putts went in. 75 today with no bad tee balls, a few approaches were soso…..10 GIR with 5 just off....3 birds 6 bogs 9 pars.....one par 5 eagle putt in heart an inch short......but it was a 30 footer....Good day.

Got in 9 holes after work. One under 35. 7 GIR. 15 putts. 8 pars and one birdie.

This is now 2 out of my last 3 9 holes that I have shot under par. I really feel that I am near a break through.

85 The lowest round I have had in 1.5 years!

Played in Club Championship this weekend
Par 70
Saturday - 38/37 = 75. Hit tee ball on hole 4 and striped it down right side into a soft area. Never found, had to re tee and made double. 2 birdies on the front and then had a brain fart and went to scrape in a 1 footer on hole 14 and lipped it out for a bogey!
Sunday - 41/38 = 79. Played awful! Missed some really short putts and hit OB on par 5 and made double. Did make 2 birdies coming in

Missed out on any money in the first flight. Winning score was a 136 for both days

9 after work

36 (+1)
1 birdie and 2 bogies
Left 3 birdie putts just short too or lipped out, so could have been much better

9 after work

36 (+1)
1 birdie and 2 bogies
Left 3 birdie putts just short too or lipped out, so could have been much better
You have been playing some solid golf!!!!

You have been playing some solid golf!!!!

I'm playing the best consistent golf I ever have done

Going to see if I can put in some additional cards for handicap reduction purposes

I'm playing the best consistent golf I ever have done

Going to see if I can put in some additional cards for handicap reduction purposes

Take my advice for what you paid for it, lol.

I went into my only true THP event as a 9.6 HC. I knew it wasn’t true but no matter what I did I didn’t move much (I didn’t play enough, lol).

I looked like a fool as a 10HC. I was playing more like an 18 at the time due to a recently (at the time) diagnosed illnesss. I’m a wobbly dude right now, which I hate.

Hell I almost missed a tee shot. A lot of medicine was being juggled around and free alcohol? I shouldn’t have mixed the two, but none of mine say “don’t take with alcohol” although a few warn of the sedating effects they have.

Anyways, wasn’t the best time for me to be in an event and I feel bad for pardner @djt311 and roomie @Hoosiermess My head wasn’t there, nor was my game. I suck at golf and life sometimes. Trying to get used to new medicine and good golf can be a long ways apart.

From a medicine perspective I’m good to go now, mostly. I did have a round with a couple THP’ers that I was totally off, but that was just a bad day. Most of the time I’m still a shell of my old self but I’ll hit enough shots that I can show off the golfer inside. There’ll be bad ones too, but if I say on the first tee “I’ve got this” then it’ll be a fine round.

38/39 on a par 70 from the blue tees. Missed 3 or 4 birdie putts by grazing or lipping out of the hole. I used to fear the driver tee shot. The G400 has converted me and I’m a believer now. What a world of difference now for me.

20200929_154526.jpg

Fun day. Soft course with tough pins and shockingly quick greens today for the recent weather. They're rolling them hard. A lot of really good shots mixed in with some truly terrible, disappointing in the moment ones. Thinned would be a kind word for one approach, came up well short from 149 on another, hit the front edge of a raised green from 47 and had to 1 putt it (par 5) to make par. Had a 3 putt and a pretty poor up and down attempt. 2 actually. 1 should have got me a birdie on a par 5 but it didn't hold the ridge and I 2 putted from 17 coming back up it.

On the good side, my tee game with the driver was pretty freaking phenomenal for the conditions and not totally going for it yet with the sore back. Just total control for the most part. Continue to make a lot of putts because I'm putting myself in good position for them, and although I actually had a few lackluster wedges today, there were a bunch of good ones, too. Second real good round in a row benching the new T100S for the Honma blades with different shafts. Need the components to get here so I can get those heads up to snuff.

Loving the fall weather here. Just beautiful out there. Buddy had a real good round day after his lesson, but lost all that momentum today. It was not pretty. It was nice to catch up to another guy towards the end to change the dynamic we had going.

Last edited:
Looks at card, sees first number is a six, moves on to other targets.....

Hey @Hamfist , wanna golf again? Lol!

Got in 9 holes after work. One under 35. 7 GIR. 15 putts. 8 pars and one birdie.

This is now 2 out of my last 3 9 holes that I have shot under par. I really feel that I am near a break through.
Love that feeling. Keeps ya exited! (y)

85 The lowest round I have had in 1.5 years!

Congrats!! That's awesome!

38 +2 Had the course almost to myself tonight for some reason. It was beautiful and no wind. Best driving night I've had in awhile! Fun night!

38 +2 Had the course almost to myself tonight for some reason. It was beautiful and no wind. Best driving night I've had in awhile! Fun night!
Playing great!!!
Amazing sometimes that the worst days the courses are packed.

Back