What did you shoot today?

77, 5 over with no birdies and a double bogey.
Tee to green played the best golf of the year, but as hot as my putter has been lately, I didn't make a single putt all day, cold as ice! That's golf though! 🤷‍♂️

78 yesterday @ Weymouth CC. It was pretty windy and i hadnt touched a club in over two weeks. Pretty effing pleased
great round in the blustery fall weather!

20201007_131354.jpg

Course was kind of ridiculous with people, and I think frustration cost me a fairway or two and gained me a few yards. Lol Glass half - nice to get out, want to quit early, and get a chance to do some range work. (Where my T100S are getting straight murdered by my Honma CB's in about every way :unsure:)

Ignore the NET. Grint has issues here until GHIN sorts them out overnight.

38/38-76, ties my best round this year. Might be the new irons lol. Some solid and fun iron shots today.

Shot 40/46=86
Had a great front nine. I blew up on the back, 10-14 was a disaster. Managed some damage control on the last four holes to salvage the 46. 😕

77 (40/37). 11 pars, 1 birdie, 6 bogeys. 33 putts, but 2 3-putt bogeys. 10 GIR. Very happy with this round. My best score by 1 stroke on this course (Black Bull from the Bull tees)! Kept my focus and drive through every shot; I took my wife's advice. Continuing to make progress with the putting. And Gary and I won our old vs. young match. Very good day!

A day of extremes with my ball-striking that ended in an even-par round. I made double bogey after a topped 6 iron into a cross bunker on the 180 yard 2nd hole that I have never come close to hitting in 3 years at my club. I missed greens and made bogies from 86 and 115 yards in the fairway on the 4th and 6th holes and then flipped a switch and made 5 birdies on the last 11 holes and narrowly missed two other birdies from 10 and 12 feet in that stretch. I didn't make any putts over 8 feet all day but I was encouraged by making 5 of 7 putts in the 4-8 foot range.

36 - 36 - 72. Everything is clicking pretty well except my irons. One of these days I will solve this pull hook mystery with irons that has plagued me for the last few months. 4 birdies, 10 pars and 4 bogeys.

Got out for a quick 9 after work before it got dark. Course closes for the season this Friday...

Ended up with a 41. Pretty good round considering 3 penalty strokes!

79, greens were over sanded making putting tough. Had three birdies though. Awful course design and in awful shape. Dirt tee boxes, fairways uncut. So annoying. Many of the local public courses are turning to crap here and its annoying.

Only went 9 today and shot 36 with a little bit of everything. An eagle, 2 birdies, 2 pars and 4 bogeys.

40/40=80 w/33 putts.

81 at Belmont. 9 over on the front, and two over on the back. Took me some time to get the driver to behave.

43-43 which means I sucked again. The back 9 is 4 strokes easier.

Shot a 38 with 4 bogies and 2 birdies. Still putting with my eyes close and it definitely works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42, one double bogey. 2/7 FW. 3/9 GIR. 17 putts. Nice Par-Par start but then just kinda got wonky. Not the best day with driver, approach game weak. Irons and hybrids left to right miss, which isn't my miss, driver left to right, just didn't play well but saved scores.

20201009_144031.jpg

Didn't play near as well as the score. They had it playing about 6550, and I just overpowered it more than anything. Averaged 309 off the tee. Tough pins, but I was short into them mostly. Missed with most longer irons into the par 5's on my first time out with the 770's, but was oddly money with them off the tee on most of the par 3's.

Mediocre chip on 11 from a dangerous spot, and didn't make the putt. Missed a 5 footer for birdie. And a 7. Also 3 putted from 20' on 15. That's 3 with the new M Craft in a short number of rounds. I've made some good putts with it, but that now has my full attention.

Lots of putting practice after holing out, lots of people on the course, lots of wet gear after getting rained on the last 3 holes, and lots of good shots mixed in with a few complete crap. Ready for the weekend. Get through that and I want to stretch it back out on some long courses while I'm rocking the driver. See if I can do something special.

Last edited:
Back