What did you shoot today?

Went 43-39 to tie my personal best with brand new irons and the wrong grips. Honma so buttery. Or perhaps it’s the Modus 120’s? Full club length with weaker lifts. Happy days.

Another very windy day. Temp was around 80*. Shot 40/41=81. Got to the 13th hole and after three very bad shots put the forth shot up close to the pin to salvage a bogey. Head to 14 and ended up with a +2 on the hole. Here I'm thinking here comes a repeat of Wednesday. Got things together and birdied 16 with a forty foot put from the fringe of the green. Bogeyed 17, parred 18 for a for 41 on the back nine. I'm coming so close to breaking 80 and just can't get over the hump. Still it was a great day. Having a couple of Shock Tops and a bite to eat in the 19th hole.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get to play with my brother today(@MNMarc) at his course. I birdied the 1st, 14th and 15th holes but bogeyed 4 out of 5 holes in the middle of the round to shoot +1. He clipped me by 1, shooting even par.

The driver was left of left most of the day.

38-42-80. I had a real strong front and completely bailed on the back with two doubles in a row. couldn’t really get back to being comfortable after that

Last edited:
38-42-80. I had a real strong front and completely bailed on the back with two doubles in a row. couldn’t really get back to being comfortable after that
The struggle bus is hard to get off sometimes.

The struggle bus is hard to get off sometimes.
Yeah that's for sure. I made some club selection mistakes on both of those double holes, then had trouble trusting myself after that. Still not a terrible round by any means, just a few mistakes did me in

+2 / 38

9 iron at 156 picture.

Attachments

• 2BDAAC82-6939-45ED-BAB2-B5783DF8A9EA.jpeg
    2BDAAC82-6939-45ED-BAB2-B5783DF8A9EA.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 6
Shot a 38 with a bogie, a double, and a birdie. Chunked a sand shot that led to the double. Need to work on the sand game more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46/44=90, from 90 yards and in today is what killed the round from being a good one. We'll try again this weekend.

47/42=89 tied my personal best. Every club in the bag contributed. Went deeply back to basics this week on swing mechanics and putting. A lot of practice swings and checking posiitons. Still some work to do on the full swing consistency, but the advice given on THP by @TrueMotionMatt and @blueonblack definitely helped. I'm swinging more freely and getting more distance than I was a few weeks ago, and I am actually finding fairways have a left side. I had been averaging 40 putts of late so I changed my grip and takeaway, and had 32 putts today with no three putts. I think that' s a first. Lagged very well - best I can remember. Had only one second putt outside of four feet and drained that downhill 12-footer.

Van Patten 201009.jpg

I'm happy with my score. I played pretty well but not my best. I see six unforced errors, and if I can clean up my inconsistencies a little more . . . .

A very lackluster 45/46-91 on a course I'd never played before. Lost one ball. Had 3 doubles and a triple with a BUNCH of bogies.

shot 77 on a shorter par 70 course today 69.1/119. First decent round since Aug so I'll take it.

9 Holes

36 (+1)
8 pars, 1 bogey

Birdie streak comes to an end

41/40-81 at Lake Hefner North blue tees. Hit 3 fairways and 6 GIR. Almost all my missed fairways were missed right. That's a good thing. Once I learn to trust it, I can aim down the left and have at it.

Had a decent day. Shot a 39-37-76. Had 4 bogies and the rest pars. Had 3 chips lip out. My chipping game was very good today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76 with two doubles. Putted pretty well honestly only hitting 50% GIR

38 - 37 - 75 in wet and windy conditions. Having to take a lost ball, resulting in a double bogey, on a shot where one of my playing partners and I both knew where the ball should have been in the muddy rough really hurt. 3 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Back