What did you shoot today?

Two rounds this weekend. The first was a back tee medal play tournament. Winds were a steady 25-30 mph with regular gusts to 45mph. I shot a solid 84 which was tied for 6th out of 40 or so golfers. 79 tied and played off for the win. Frankly I let the wind get more in my head around the greens than on full swings. I had 3 3 putts and 3 times when I didn't get up and down from right off the front of the green. I was pretty happy with my play. It was a wild day and frankly pretty fun but exhausting. I hit an 8 iron a couple of times from 110 yards and I hit a 9 iron from 165 (normal 130ish yards).

Yesterday we moved up to the whites for a friendly round. I shot a very solid 76 with a double on 16 and a 3 putt bogey on 17. Winds were a steady 20 mph which seemed like nothing after yesterday. I have rediscovered my iron play to some extent and hit a lot of good flighted iron shots both into the wind and down wind.

Front nine twice, 42 (+5) and 44 (+7) for an 86. 2 birdies, 8 pars, 2 bogeys and 6 doubles. 7/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 30 putts.

20201012_152124.jpg20201012_152151.jpg
After the weekend it felt pretty easy at that length even though I took the new irons and don't feel sure of them yet. Fun mostly. Stopped after the first 9 because the course was packed and we didn't want to do a 3 hour half. Grabbed a Zipcore 54 out of another bag to finally try on course on the second 9 and had some interesting shots with it. Just realized I didn't have a bogey, so that's always nice after having a couple yesterday. Misses still feel small, but have been pulling the driver a bit and the putter has lost some confidence. Added 10g to the head last night and seemed okay with it after a very abrupt adjustment. Had a few really good approach shots, an awesome rescue, and a bunch of good greenside work, so I'll call it a good day, good end to a long weekend, and rest the swing tomorrow.

Season here is winding down, played in sometimes gale force winds amidst about 100 elk, and despite a double on each side, shot 42/38 and was pretty happy.

I finally was able to play the local course in my town, which is a bit harder than the one I have been playing most of the year. 47/49 for a nice 96. Only one triple bogey and one par, the rest a mix of bogies and double bogies. I hit my new Mavrik irons the best I have since I got them. No greens in regulation, but I was usually pretty close. My short game was really on point today. I'm figuring out the Cleveland CBX2 wedges and I am LOVING them. I left myself very few long putts today. 31 total putts and ZERO 3 putts.

All in all a really solid outing for me.

39 - 38 - 77. So tired of playing on a very wet course. Made another double as a result of losing a ball that embedded in the mud somewhere and never found it. 1 birdie, 12 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

The game is starting to click and just in time for the winter season.

Played a quick 9 holes yesterday and shot an easy +1, 2 birds with 3 bogeys and what made me happier was no doubles (which has been happening alot). That nine was done without leaving the driver in the bag and using nothing more than my 3 crossover.

Today, full 18, moved back a teebox and came home +6, 1 bird and then the rest pars or bogeys, again happy as Larry that I left the doubles off the card. I've had a proper game improvement of late and I'll take it.

Its a great feeling this confidence lark, even when you make a bad swing, knowing that you have that recovery shot in you and are not afraid to take it on is a great right now, just got to keep it up.

A few targets with RWS34 :LOL:

36 - 39 - 75. 3 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Played front 9- 39. No birdies unfortunately. Having a blast with my new irons plus found a better feeling ball (TP5) for my short game!

Played front 9- 39. No birdies unfortunately. Having a blast with my new irons plus found a better feeling ball (TP5) for my short game!
Oh yes. Love.that.ball.

20201014_145018.jpg

Umm.. so I started off a little slow, little wild strong. Then I got seriously rolling. Then I said something about feeling really good in the Live Round and everything went to hell. That is the most greens I've missed in a couple months. The Zipcore and I, and it's DG Spinner shaft were having serious arguments about what our goals were out there. That shaft sucks. I tried not to look at or look up the specifics on it while I was out there because I didn't want to be the guy that snaps a club on course.

A lot of good drives, LOVED the P770 long irons and had some beauty approaches with them, and I think the M Craft 1 isn't making the trip to Vegas coming up.

Slow course. Finished in less than 4, but man it felt longer. I blame the Spinner, and that finish left a horrible taste.

41/37 - 78. FIR: 9/14, GIR: 8/18, 31 putts (no 3 putts & 4x1 putt for par (y)), 1 double and 1 birdie.

This was one of my best rounds of the year because scoring in extremely windy conditions is tough. 25-25 mph wind with 30+ gusts. Example: hit a solid 4i on a 170 yard par 3 and landed about 20 yards short of the pin. Good up and down for par.

Bonus: dropped my index to 5.7 which is a PR. 🎆🎆🎆

Front nine twice, 45 (+8) both times. Had a stretch of 3 doubles in a row on the second nine because I couldn't get straight off the tee, then followed those holes with a birdie and a par to stop the bleeding. 7/12 FW, 7/18 GIR, 35 putts. Greens were damp this morning and they're scalped because they're getting ready to overseed/aerate, so got some really inconsistent rolls and couldn't read a break to save my life. 1 birdie, 6 pars, 5 bogeys, 6 doubles.

48/44 - 92. Knocked another stroke off my handicap. This despite taking a 9 with two penalty strokes on a short par 4, where I apparently completely forgot how to swing a club for 10 minutes. Short game pretty much abandoned me today, but lag putting was good and I came in at 34 putts (one 3-putt), 7 fairways, and 7 GIR. My swing changes are working well when I remember them. If I remember 3 of my 5 keys, I'll have a good result. If I remember all five, I have a very good result. A par 4 was playing about 345 and I was 81 yards out after my tee shot, left-center of the fairway. - unfamiliar territory for sure. This was a bonus round in the Northeast, and if I had been three minutes later teeing off on 18, I couldn't have seen my ball to finish.

All I know is I'm gonna enjoy this run while it lasts.

Pretty happy all in all, only one penalty on poor wedge shot that found some bushes. Driver (new B21) kept everything in play which was really nice. Wasn't as focused as usual, on a long lunch so rushing a bit so putting was a little off. Chipping was ok, didn't leave myself any gimmies but no terrible shots. Highlights were 307 yd drive and 100 yard wedge stuck to 6 feet. May be my last time on course before Hogan/UST event so nice to feel pretty good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201015-144455_TheGrint.jpg
    Screenshot_20201015-144455_TheGrint.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
38 - 37 - 75. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys.

Played 9 holes. Started off rough but ended on a good note. Short par 4 and you have to lay up bc of water. 5w off the tee. 153 to pin with strong wind in my face. 8 iron to 5’ and drained the birdie putt. Not my best playing but had a good time enjoying one of the last days of warm weather. 6D4231D5-0680-4AC4-A723-E1F56D2F9393.png

Not the best of days for me. It was a tale of two nines, the front nine my short game was no where in sight and on the back it was just enought to help me out. Shot 46/40=86. We made the turn and hit the brakes, play slowed down to a crawl. We waited for 15 minutes on the 12th hole just to tee off. I'm somewhat surprised I managed to shoot a 40 on the back nine with how slow play was. Might be my last 18 of the season, the weather for next week ain't looking all that good. The temp today was 53 with a west wind at about 25 mph. o_O

What a tale of 2 nines. Shot a 45-36-81. It was VERY windy today. 25-30 with gusts up to 40+. Front nine I was trying to do knock down shots and shape shots in regards to the wind. On the back I just swung my normal swing and accounted for the wind with club selection/aim. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot a pretty solid 40 - 40 = 80 today. I was playing off the tips in some pretty heavy wind, and did a better than average job keeping the ball in front of me, playing the wind well, and not making unforced errors. Had some pretty memorable shots, and the putter finally came around. Greenside short game was not so hot.

Back