What did you shoot today?

Played the back nine twice, 40 (+5) and 41 (+6) for an 81. 6/12 FW, 8/18 GIR, 32 putts. Everything was working halfway decently but nothing was working great. 1 birdie, 8 pars, 6 bogeys, 3 doubles.

89 and it was ugly. Driver was just a mess, irons where decent and short game was decent, putter was hit and miss. :golf3:

Beautiful fall day,
20201018_140326.jpg
at the course closest to my house on the last day they are open this fall. Packed to the gills and a 4:15 round but I had a blast! White Clawed my way to a 83 for the day! 🎃🤪:cool:

Shot an ok 40-39-79. Putting was not bad but not great. Wind should be crazy tomorrow so let’s see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today was one of those days where everything clicked. I shot a 37-37-74. Could have easily been under par but for a couple of mental lapses. The wind wasn’t too bad and my short game right now is A+ good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New course, by the time we finished it was 44 with 15-20 winds.

Shot 76. This old coach can play wind golf ;)

40 - 38 - 78. 2 really wayward drives on the front 9 led to double bogeys. Was able to make 2 birdies during the round.

42/43 for 85 today. Had some bunker issues on hole 1 lol. Had some really solid play but a few things to work on now. Always great to see out THP crew.

41-45 for an 86. Tied my low of the year. It was rainy and windy to start, then just windy. About 1/3 of the greens had been punched & sanded so conditions were inconsistent to say the least.
We started on 10 which I birdied. Was +1 thru 5 holes getting to the turn at +5. Then after a great drive on #1 our 10th hole my short game let me down and I took a triple... kinda slopped around for the 45 on the easier 9 holes.

My wife came in with a 98 with 5 pars on final 11 holes. That was her best stretch ever and only a couple shots off her career best.

41-44/85. Refreshing after yesterday’s 94. Played the whole round with the same ball! Stronger right hand in my grip made all the difference. Was hitting great tee balls and had 32 putts. Hit a great ball out of the sand and nearly holed a flop over a bunker. Two of my last three rounds were solid after a weak stretch. Things are looking up!
A7B77161-417E-4AC0-99A0-57B1C88BF602.jpegF4AA0E28-5421-465C-82F8-072426ED09EC.jpeg

44-41. One birdie. 4 doubles.

Really kicked myself on that front 9; Two 3 putts. And a bladed wedge from 80 yards on my 3rd shot Par 5. Literally throwing away 3-4 strokes with poor short game. Started the back 9 with another bladed wedge from 50 yards out and missed the bogey putt, another double.

Wasted a good day off the tee. But a good learning round. Don't waste strokes and concentrate!

Shot an 83 on Saturday after the morning snow melted. Course was very wet but the wind died down so it ended up being a pretty nice afternoon. 2 birds on the front but I had 7 pars on the back 9 for a real steady finish. Shot an 85 Sunday teeing off at 10 when the temp was 32 and the wind was up around 10-15 mph. Cold, but bearable. No birdies but a lot of two putt pars where I was at least giving myself looks. And only one lost ball for the weekend!!

Shot an 83 on Saturday after the morning snow melted. Course was very wet but the wind died down so it ended up being a pretty nice afternoon. 2 birds on the front but I had 7 pars on the back 9 for a real steady finish. Shot an 85 Sunday teeing off at 10 when the temp was 32 and the wind was up around 10-15 mph. Cold, but bearable. No birdies but a lot of two putt pars where I was at least giving myself looks. And only one lost ball for the weekend!!

Similar for us. On Sunday, we teed off with a temperature of 30* and 10-15 mph wind. Think the wind chill was 18*. First hole was into the wind and it sucked! After that, it was definitely cold but tolerable. It was tough to make a good swing because of the layers. 15 stokes higher than Saturday. WTF??!?! Pushes are deadly shots (penalty areas) on my home course. I put 4 balls in the junk. Hope we get one or two more rounds in October.

36 on the back 9 on Saturday.

Couple shanks into the woods on the front 9 had me searching. 2 weeks in a row that cold b*tch El Hosel has come for a visit. Not good.

20201019_152050.jpg

Well I turned a few heads when I looked at the digital scorecard and said "f**k ME" when I saw the rating, but whatever I guess. I can honestly say I've never felt more confident on a course than during that front 9. I missed a couple putts I could have made even, but I had zero doubts on approach. Felt completely in control, and I think it showed in the Live Round! posts I made. I'm not letting the handicap cut take away from what I just did out there. I had that match won where it counts by hole 5.

Adore the P770 long irons. Glad I brought my old putter, but wish the greens had been a little faster, and had a lot of really good shaped drives into position out there. Gorgeous weather, met some nice people in some evolving groupings, and finished in less than 4 hours at a tourist course, which is pretty great. Good day.

Shot 39-39 for 78. Never thought the front 9 would end, stuck behind "The Brohood of Traveling Joggers" 12 college kids for 2:49 on the front. Back 9 was clear and bopped around that in 1:37 😎
20201019_144339.jpg

Back nine twice, 47 (+12) and 41 (+6) for an 88. We dashed off to the 10th tee to get ahead of two groups that offered to let us go ahead of them, and went off ice cold without even so much as a warmup swing. Had 5 doubles in the first 9 holes, ouch. Second nine was better with 4 pars, 4 bogeys and one double. 6/12 FW, 3/18 GIR (lot of scrambling going on!), 29 putts with no 3 putts and seven 1 putts.

36 - 36 - 72. Went out solo today to primarily practice my putting, which has been terrible of late, and ended up playing well and getting a lot of practice putting in after I finished the holes. Our practice green is very small and crappy. 4 birdies, 10 pars and 4 bogeys.

Last round was a disappointing 89, but it was fun because I started the round playing golf and played 18 as glow ball golf. They look cool flying, but damn are they miserable to hit.

Last round was a disappointing 89, but it was fun because I started the round playing golf and played 18 as glow ball golf. They look cool flying, but damn are they miserable to hit.
Haha First time I played them at a night event I wanted to switch clubs, to not do that to my favorites. They really do feel like hell.

Three doubles and four birds on the card :ROFLMAO:

What brand ball do you remember? Definitely not the same as a regular ball but some balls are way better than others

Played in a golf outing yesterday.

We came in 3rd place in the net division.

I won the long drive!

💪💪:rockon:

PS: Gary Player's team came in 2nd in the gross division.

Played 9 late yesterday and got a 46. Sun was blinding me on two holes and had to "guess" where my ball went, but was lucky and found them. Could not squeeze out any birdies - came close even though the greens are still super horrible, but the grounds guys were plugging and working hard to try to get them to some decent condition.

Greens are so bad you hit a putt and the ball bounces like a super-ball rolling on gravel on the way to the hole (exaggerating but you get the idea). It was still fun though. I hope they get the greens fairly decent shape by Saturday as we have a two day club tournament.

What brand ball do you remember? Definitely not the same as a regular ball but some balls are way better than others
NO idea, but it is one of the internal LED balls that you have to smack to get to light up.

Back