What did you shoot today?

39/42 for an 81. putted reasonably well, but back nine wind was really blowing so struggled with club selection on a few holes. Round taking 5 hours didn't help, back nine had 3 groups on one tee. Need to work on a knockdown shot.

39/42 for an 81. putted reasonably well, but back nine wind was really blowing so struggled with club selection on a few holes. Round taking 5 hours didn't help, back nine had 3 groups on one tee. Need to work on a knockdown shot.
Knockdown is something I need to play with too. We get plenty of windy days and I don't have a knockdown in my repertoire, so all I can do is put it up there in the wind and pray! :LOL:

Week and a half off is killing me. :ROFLMAO:

Played Monday and Tuesday from the tips at one of the courses I frequent, something I’m going to make myself do there all year because I’m just too comfortable from the blues. Plays 6950, shot 84 on Monday and 82 yesterday. 😢

First round in a month....Has just been cold and rain here in VA....Gorgeous day so played 27. 123. 83 and 40...Play was so so, but great to be out and feeling tired, that good tired though.

43/42 = 85. Beautiful day, around 75 degrees, sunny and calm. Course was packed so it was a slow round, but not unbearably slow (just under 4 hours).

Monsoon over past month has turned many a course near me into massive mud pits...walked today at Blue Heron Fords Colony and literally every step was a depressed impact....That poor course. FatBoySlim left about 14,000 imprints out there. It's a longass walk. 32 plugged balls....87 shots. Not a good first impression of being there....

Net -3 on 6825 72.8/127. First time out here in over a week and it went really, really well. 25 putts can do that. Buddy had a lot more rust than I did, but we had some fun before it rains for the next few days.

The only thing I shot today was a red squirrel with the Benjamin Marauder pellet gun. I had one in my garage last week and his relative was guilty by association.:)

87 yesterday, with a putrid 37 putts (about 5 above my avg). Short game and putting were nightmares.

After a surprisingly good range trip last week, I decided to put the Catalyst shafts back in the bag for a while. They did not disappoint yesterday. I'd seen some distance loss with them compared to my Nippon-shafted set, but that was not the case yesterday. I hope it sticks.

New all-time PB today! 39/36 = 75 (+2 on the front, +1 on the back).

8/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 31 putts. Everything felt good and was working reasonably well today - left a few birdie putts short, but I'm not gonna complain! First time I've broken 80 in about 3 ½ years, previous PB was a 79. Beautiful sunny, calm day, warm enough to play in shorts and a polo, course was wide open in front of us - it would have been a great day even if I hadn't scored as well. Feels good.

90 yesterday on an extremely tight & challenging course. First time out playing & next time I now know what to do off of the tee. Had a bunch of penalties from errand tee shots.

8/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 31 putts. Everything felt good and was working reasonably well today - left a few birdie putts short, but I'm not gonna complain! First time I've broken 80 in about 3 ½ years, previous PB was a 79. Beautiful sunny, calm day, warm enough to play in shorts and a polo, course was wide open in front of us - it would have been a great day even if I hadn't scored as well. Feels good.
Hot damn!! Congratulations man!!

Hot damn!! Congratulations man!!
Thanks! Started off with a birdie on #1, bogeyed the next 4 holes in a row, then caught fire - 10 pars and a birdie in the next 11 holes. Bogeyed #17 and finished with a par on #18. I was trying so hard not to think about my score because I didn't want to put too much pressure on and melt down, but I knew I had a great day going.

We're playing again tomorrow, and I'm almost afraid to set foot on the course - I figure the golf gods are going to take their revenge on me for today! :LOL:

Congrats!!! Awesome round.

Yesterday I shot a 40/45/85. Drove the ball well, almost to well as I hit 12/14 fairways. But I struggled hitting out of the soaked fairways after our 12 inches of snow last week. Kept hitting every thing short. I looked a muddy mess by the end of the round.
The last three holes I struggled with a stiff back as we faced a stiff breeze as the Temps started to drop. And finished double bogey,bogey, double bogey. :(
Highlight of the round came on hole Par 3 #4. 142 yards to pin , 9 iron that spun just a little to the right instead of releasing straight for a tap in birdie. Tee to show pitch mark.

20210225_135646.jpg

50/45 95 I was honestly shocked when I added it up. Front nine was a disaster. No warm up double with driver behind tree. Workman like center of the green 2 putt par 3 2nd. Then
Lots of 6s and 7for the next 7. 5 lost balls in total. Putter was pretty money
Lotsa solid 2 putts. Only one 3 putt ended round 3 -4. Was pleased
With a chore.

Ugh, got my comeuppance for yesterday. 46/43 for an 89. But in all fairness, 25-30 mph winds didn't help matters much.

Shot a 39-38-77 with 3 birdies, a double, and some bogies and pars. Conditions were not ideal with fog and sloppy mud due to getting 2.75 inches of rain yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First 9 holes of the year today. Very wet and still a little snow in some places, but the course was beautiful for being covered a week ago. A perfect day out there and thoroughly enjoyed walking it.

as for the score shot a 43. Pretty tough course from 3400. I was overjoyed with my score for my first golf in about 2 months. Didn’t hit a bunch of great shots and had one penalty stroke as well so I’m feeling very good about my game after I shake some rust off and the course gets back to normal conditions.

40-39 - 79.

Had it rolling on the back 9 but finished bogey - double - bogey. A couple of poor putts and two full shots away from 74 or 75. Trying again tomorrow!!

40/41=81 Ugly round in the wind (20-25mph) and it kicked my butt today. Had some nice drives and pretty good approach shots. Short game and putter where good. Just some dumb mistakes that cost me quite a few strokes.

64......On a Par 3 course so 10 over.

Believe it or not, had some shots that were too good. I would stripe it and then fly the green. I don't mind though. First round of the year with my wife, so good to be out. We also had a single join up with us about a 4 holes in as we were being held up by the group in front. I offered him to play through or he was welcome to join us. We all had a nice tome,.

50/45 95 I was honestly shocked when I added it up. Front nine was a disaster. No warm up double with driver behind tree. Workman like center of the green 2 putt par 3 2nd. Then
Lots of 6s and 7for the next 7. 5 lost balls in total. Putter was pretty money
Lotsa solid 2 putts. Only one 3 putt ended round 3 -4. Was pleased
With a chore.

46/49 - 95. Same score totally different rounds. Golf is strange. Lost one ball on a lateral hazard that I ended up with a par. Today. Lost 5 yesterday.

1 penalty versus 6 strokes in yesterday’s round. 36 putts in each round. Same score. I got nothing.

46/49 - 95. Same score totally different rounds. Golf is strange. Lost one ball on a lateral hazard that I ended up with a par. Today. Lost 5 yesterday.

1 penalty versus 6 strokes in yesterday’s round. 36 putts in each round. Same score. I got nothing.
Only thing you can do is shrug and say “It’s golf!”. 👍

Back