What did you shoot today?

A million

Played my local, short Muni. Par 68, 5100 from the tips. Shot a 70 in the winter conditions. A bit tricky putting through the goose droppings, but I found a ton of fairways, more than normal. It felt great to be back out on the course!

One for the books here, and so annoyed I messed up on Hole 10...

17 bogeys. 1 double on 10. The bogey putt on 10 just didn’t fall in.

A birdie chip hit the flag and I missed the 5 footer for Par. 2 lip outs for Par. At least 2-3 burned edges. 1 glorious 3 putt bogey.

First round in a month after 3 weeks of lessons and I just couldn’t translate what I did Saturday which was a great lesson into my round yesterday.

The goal this year has been to eliminate my cast, gain some distance, be consistent lol, and use my legs more for more power.

Unfortunately I still had some moments of casting, some weak cutting across the golf ball due to poor form, and last but not least some over swinging. And the one time I swung really slow it was just as ugly.

Now I did have a handful of “YES” moments on what we are working on but just when I thought I figured out it what I need to do...The next shot just wasn’t it.

I was extremely happy around the greens but my game off the tee and approach game was not good. Alas, I’m trusting this process, when it clicks with the coach it clicks, it feels great and natural. But just need to keep working!

Screenshot_20210308-132027_TheGrint.jpg

They can start the local tournaments any time. Lol I'm pretty much dialed in from that distance right now.

I played hybrid or 3i off some tees to stretch it a bit, but it didn't really matter today. I'm honestly surprised I didn't hole an approach or something with the way I was coming at the pins. Really trying to make them. Missed a few makeable putts under 10' or it would have been pretty ridiculous. 2 less than great 7 irons, and one bad luck chip are the only dark marks though really. Felt almost totally in control off the tee and fairway.

I think the Apex Players Combo, short sleeves, and sun are mood enhancers out there. Done in less than 4 hrs on a tough CPO course, and my buddy played well for the second straight outing. Fun day.

41/42 from 7,000 this morning 😢

43/42 = 85. But my partner and I won a 2/2/2 Nassau all three ways, so there's that.

79. 38/41. First round of the year. Still had some snow on the course in a few spots, and greens were basically carpet. But it was golf in march and wasn't freezing. Wind was really tricky. Overall pretty happy with it.

9 over 81 today. I’ll take it for the d
First round of the year and being able to play golf in Michigan in March

43, 42 85. Couldn't sink a putt. Irons weren't crisp either.

39 - 39 - 78. 1 birdie, 10 pars and 7 bogeys. At least I kept the doubles away today. Eventually I will learn how to make solid contact out of the mud considering all the practice I have gotten. Hopefully it will dry out by April...

Did some work today... sorting it out.

60 balls on the range. Only 3 throws to 3rd base.
Nice, be back in top form in no time.

Started off with a good front 9 but botched the back 9. Flat stick just didn’t cooperate today. Left multiple putts a ball short. A little disappointing because I had 8 birdie tries and missed them all. All on line and all just a smidge short. Overall super happy with the new irons and driver! Best FIR I’ve ever had! Fairway woods were garbage today, so much I left them in the bag after a few bad shots with them. New shafts will be here Friday so hope that will be fixed next week to help a little on that issue.
41/46 w/ 35 putts
8C6334A8-FE10-4CC1-B94E-9C28462711FC.png

I was gonna hit the range today but they were doing some work on it, so instead I went virtual. On the simulators at X-Golf, I shot a 86 at PGA National and a 92 at Bay Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was 39, 43 82. Little better with the flat stick today. But, this old fart kinda ran out of gas late on the back nine.

Screenshot_20210309-165435_TheGrint.jpg

Got a chance to demo some stuff today. Played it pretty conservatively at first and couldn't drop a putt, so I got sick of that. Opened it up and it was definitely more entertaining. Bunker to bunker par felt like a win, lol. Birdied the 476 yard par 4, but missed a par 3 by 30 yards. :unsure:

Got to spy part of my friend's lesson, see some people I don't get to very often, tune in to the Tour Edge Live, and the weather was absolutely amazing. Good day to spend what was supposed to be a pretty full work day. :)

Have beef with getting to demo clubs that actually fit me pretty well though. I don't need more of those things.

Screenshot_20210310-135215_TheGrint.jpg
72.5/133/71 known for its really challenging greens, and I was definitely out of position more than a few times on them today. Started off well, and feeling strong, but that feeling faded fast after a bunch of days in a row of playing and the wind got stronger. Hadn't ever played that particular course in swirling breezes before. It definitely added some challenge on approach. Had some good shots, lipped out 4 putts, had a terrible 3 putt, and my new JAWS customs did alright their first time out. It was fun, but my partner played progressively worse. Not a good day for him. And we got stuck with some of the chattiest ladies I've ever seen towards the end. Still done in under 4 and time to still get some work done.

A cold and windy 43/44 for an 87. Nothing was working terribly bad, but nothing was working terribly well either.

45/44 for an 89. My last round in NC before I go back home on Saturday. Stopped my pull hooks once I started setting up for a draw and hit some nice draws into the fairway. Still a little skittish aiming more right what with houses staring at me. Will have to work more on that setup when I get home.

Dropped a 41 for my first 9 of the year today.

1 double, 4 bogeys, 3 pars, 1 birdie. Played the final 6 holes 1 over which I was very pleased about. Glad to be back especially post knee surgery.

39 - 35 - 74. Saw a lot of good signs today that my game is coming back. Biggest negative was I hit several iron shot abnormally high, for me, and the wind ate them up and I came up well short of my target. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeys.

We have a warm snap going on here in Massachusetts and I snuck out of work and got my fourth outdoor round of 2021 in at the Captains on Cape Cod. I shot a solid 78 with a triple (pulled drive into jail) and a 3 putt. I decided to keep some stats this year and I hit 10/14 fairways, 13/18 greens, 34 putts. I got up and down 3 times once was on the triple. The greens were super sandy and tough to putt and some chips checked up.

I am working on some stuff with my swing and irons felt very good. Driver was pretty solid except for a couple of times I was a bit too close to the ball and I missed those left.

Back