What did you shoot today?

Eek. Yesterday. Weird nine. Probably would have evened our for 18. I had an 11 with a 6 putt on a very hard green. 45. I had to post it as a 39 though, so yeah. Real consistent.

@OldandStiff it was not my proudest moment lining up that 6 footer for my 10 when I tapped the ball just enough that I saw it. Can’t not call a penalty on that.

Luckily I made it as my putter and the ball might have found a new home in a nearby lake, 🤣

I haven’t done that in a while but that green was stupid. Guy I was playing against putted off the green 4 times in a row.

75 last night in a matchplay tie, was hitting the ball nicely just got a little tentative with my first putts in the the middle of the round. Lost 3&2 to a +1 player who just showed me what the difference is between where I am and what scratch and better looks like, he had 7 birdies none of which were longer than 10'. We had a really good game and I thoroughly enjoyed the company as well as the golf so even though I lost I left happy.

Funny you should ask...

Well, I followed up Monday's 72 with an 89 on Wednesday.

Hey, there's parts unknown of the course that I still have to see. Today was a jumpstart towards getting after that (apparently) necessary endeavor.

(ouch!)

79 last night which was a blessed relief after a few ropey rounds. The greens were rock hard despite the rain, and there were a couple of misjudged bump and runs that just didn't stop rolling until they were over the back of a raised green which cost me another couple of shots but overall happy days..

Uggg... shot 41 again last night in league. Was 7/7 in Fairways hit - but I completely lost/forgot/brain-farted on how to hit my second shot - flare right, pull hook left, chunk and run... and then my putting was atrocious. Smooth easy practice strokes followed up with a convulsive jabbing at the ball when actually trying to hole the ball... Ah - Golf is great! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Uggg... shot 41 again last night in league. Was 7/7 in Fairways hit - but I completely lost/forgot/brain-farted on how to hit my second shot - flare right, pull hook left, chunk and run... and then my putting was atrocious. Smooth easy practice strokes followed up with a convulsive jabbing at the ball when actually trying to hole the ball... Ah - Golf is great! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sounds basically like my year so far. Drive the ball great, F everything else up. Once I fix everything else, I’m sure I won’t be able to get off the tee again. Golf is beyond great! 🤣

A brutal 44/48 for a 92, in 25-30 mph winds on an 'away' course with absolutely evil greens. Fast, a lot of contouring, almost every pin placement on a slope, and so hard that they wouldn't hold an approach shot for anything. I don't think I had one putt all day long that wasn't some nasty combination of uphill, downhill and sidehill. 5/14 FW, 6/18 GIR, 38 putts. 1 birdie, 4 pars, 7 bogeys, 4 doubles and 2 triples. Ugh.

Quick sim 79 at TPC Louisiana. Pretty wild off the tee and approach shots left something to be desired. 30 yards in was solid. Maybe the chipping practice is working!

37 - 37 - 74. Even though my left upper arm was still painful at times, today was the most relaxed I have felt swinging a club in the past couple of months. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeys.

37 - 37 - 74. Even though my left upper arm was still painful at times, today was the most relaxed I have felt swinging a club in the past couple of months. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeys.
Do you play at Glen Arven or Country Oaks?

A brutal 44/48 for a 92, in 25-30 mph winds on an 'away' course with absolutely evil greens. Fast, a lot of contouring, almost every pin placement on a slope, and so hard that they wouldn't hold an approach shot for anything. I don't think I had one putt all day long that wasn't some nasty combination of uphill, downhill and sidehill. 5/14 FW, 6/18 GIR, 38 putts. 1 birdie, 4 pars, 7 bogeys, 4 doubles and 2 triples. Ugh.

I played 9 on one of those last night as a sub. No thanks. I’ll just buy that much Makers with that money and if I still wanna golf, someone will with me.

Played 9 in a par 3 course today, it was pretty dang windy shot a 33 which wasn't too bad with the wind.

Do you play at Glen Arven or Country Oaks?

Country Oaks. I have a membership there. Glen Arven is too rich for my blood. Haha

I go from a 72 Saturday in a tournament to 80 today in a casual round. I hit the first 7 greens and was 2 over after 12 holes. Then I go 7 over for the last 6 holes. Hey, it’s golf. 😳

I go from a 72 Saturday in a tournament to 80 today in a casual round. I hit the first 7 greens and was 2 over after 12 holes. Then I go 7 over for the last 6 holes. Hey, it’s golf. 😳

BTDT. Not quite as bad as...

No it’s its just bad dude, 🤣.

But I’ve been worse.

I played 9 on one of those last night as a sub. No thanks. I’ll just buy that much Makers with that money and if I still wanna golf, someone will with me.
These greens were ridiculous. If you missed on the high side of a green, there wasn't a shot you could hit that would keep it on the green next. Putt, chip, flop, whatever you want - it's going to run all the way down the hill and off the green. Hit an approach shot in and it would just bounce and roll off the green into the rough, it's like they were repelling balls. Between the wind and those greens, it was a pretty frustrating day.

These greens were ridiculous. If you missed on the high side of a green, there wasn't a shot you could hit that would keep it on the green next. Putt, chip, flop, whatever you want - it's going to run all the way down the hill and off the green. Hit an approach shot in and it would just bounce and roll off the green into the rough, it's like they were repelling balls. Between the wind and those greens, it was a pretty frustrating day.

You know then. It sucked. If I can’t hold a green, sorry golfers, you won’t either. I impact ton of spin on the ball and I was playing a spinny ball going with the wind.

Still couldn’t hold them. Just stupid to have them that hard around here to start the year.

I shot a personal best today. It seems like a long time since I could say that. I flirted with a milestone score and just didn’t have things go my way the last 2 holes. Shot a 41-39 for that 80. 70’s were flaunting themselves at me today as I was putting great and my approach game had never been better. I don’t think I’ve ever had so many putts halfway home only to roll past by a foot. New goals and a new week coming.

I shot a personal best today. It seems like a long time since I could say that. I flirted with a milestone score and just didn’t have things go my way the last 2 holes. Shot a 41-39 for that 80. 70’s were flaunting themselves at me today as I was putting great and my approach game had never been better. I don’t think I’ve ever had so many putts halfway home only to roll past by a foot. New goals and a new week coming.

Great round man! Congrats on the PB!

Great round man! Congrats on the PB!
Thank you. Been struggling a lot the past 6 months so it’s nice to have things coming together. Still need that Mizuno putter.

Congrats on the PB! 🍻

Good round yesterday then the recent struggles returned today. 41 - 38 - 79. Drove the ball really well but everything else was medicore at best. I need my strong short game to return to make up for my ever present approach shot deficiences. 1 birdie, 9 pars and 8 bogeys.

41/43 for an 84. Inconsistency was the name of the game today - hit some nice shots and some real stinkers. 7/12 FW, 7/18 GIR, 31 putts.

Back