What did you shoot today?

Well today was a whirlwind. 41 on the front, played very well for me. Now to the back, 2 triples and a 10, yes a 10, those scores combined with a few 3 putts and a 15 stroke difference between the front and back for a 56. Wow to tell you I was a little baffled would be an understatement, just a struggle bus. Can't seem to put anything together on my back 9. I guess I say at least I didn't break 100. We will try to redeem myself tomorrow. Ugh

I shot a personal best today. It seems like a long time since I could say that. I flirted with a milestone score and just didn’t have things go my way the last 2 holes. Shot a 41-39 for that 80. 70’s were flaunting themselves at me today as I was putting great and my approach game had never been better. I don’t think I’ve ever had so many putts halfway home only to roll past by a foot. New goals and a new week coming.
Congrats on the PB, that round in the 70s is coming!

Congrats on the PB, that round in the 70s is coming!
Golf is a funny game. I putted well today but they just didn’t fall. ( recently aeration). Other days they may all fall. After the recent struggles it was welcome just the same. Thank you.

78 (+7). 4 birdies, 5 pars. 11 GIR. One triple after an OB tee shot. Ugh. Putting was a mixed bag on front nine. Made a posture change on the back, and it was like a switch went off in my head. I felt like I was going to make every putt. Nice to get back under 80. I plan to stay there. :D

Last edited:
Well today was a whirlwind. 41 on the front, played very well for me. Now to the back, 2 triples and a 10, yes a 10, those scores combined with a few 3 putts and a 15 stroke difference between the front and back for a 56. Wow to tell you I was a little baffled would be an understatement, just a struggle bus. Can't seem to put anything together on my back 9. I guess I say at least I didn't break 100. We will try to redeem myself tomorrow. Ugh

Hang in there pardner! You play better then that, I’ve seen it. (Side note-do NOT enter an event when you’ve played 4times that year, twice the prior two days, give it a little more time than that-note for me, not pardner). I had a 46 (I think?) ESC’d to a 39, lmao. 11’s will MOSTLY lead to that.

One over 36 for my 9 holes this evening (par 35). I am excited to play tomorrow.

Shot a +4 40 but the game was better than that. It was 75° and my first round of the year above 50 so my distances were off but I wasn’t disappointed. Can’t wait to have more days like today, weather wise

Went for a personal worst 9 of 57 today. The course is tight and had a two way miss off tee going combined with terrible putting. Started double/double both with first ball OB. Later scored two nines on holes which were nearly identical. OB left followed by OB right finishing w a 3 putt. Icing on the cake was hole 9. Best drive of the 9 about 330ish down the middle. 40 yards out to a back pin. Hit a chip that checked on me. Didn’t play enough break on my putt which caught a slope and wind took it all the down a side hill. Ended w a double. 😀 For some reason I’m emotionally and mentally in a good spot.

Ok, so going 77 after 72-89 takes away just a bit of the sting.

Was a very windy/gusty day and I left a lot out there. Excellent ballstriking but club selection was an issue, sent many approaches long. Felt like a round closer to par but I did in fact receive what I deserved.

13/14 fairways
11/18 greens

Joined a new league Wed. Short course (2900 yds) and shot a +6 41. Very happy with my first week. Hope this gets me out to play more.

I shot a personal best today. It seems like a long time since I could say that. I flirted with a milestone score and just didn’t have things go my way the last 2 holes. Shot a 41-39 for that 80. 70’s were flaunting themselves at me today as I was putting great and my approach game had never been better. I don’t think I’ve ever had so many putts halfway home only to roll past by a foot. New goals and a new week coming.
Congrats!!!!! Awesome

78 (+7). 4 birdies, 5 pars. 11 GIR. One triple after an OB tee shot. Ugh. Putting was a mixed bag on front nine. Made a posture change on the back, and it was like a switch went off in my head. I felt like I was going to make every putt. Nice to get back under 80. I plan to stay there. :D
Awesome!!!! No pops for you sir.

Ok, so going 77 after 72-89 takes away just a bit of the sting.

Was a very windy/gusty day and I left a lot out there. Excellent ballstriking but club selection was an issue, sent many approaches long. Felt like a round closer to par but I did in fact receive what I deserved.

13/14 fairways
11/18 greens

FIR machine! Nice. Makes the game easier.

42 in league last night. Not finding fairways, but finding a way to score a little better. Highlight of the day was on 15 with a nice drive, 100 yard shot with the 54* ZipCore to 15 ft and a nice drain birdie putt! Things are looking up.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 9.29.00 AM.png

After only getting in 12 holes yesterday due to wind and hail, played today to get right back at it.

40-44 today which I’m very pleased with since it was a steady 15-18mph wind with gusts of 40mph. I hit some bombs with the wind and some laughable shots into the wind. Putting was good and green side wedges game was solid. Starting to find my game earlier this year than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIR machine! Nice. Makes the game easier.
Driver used to be my strength but I've been in a year long funk with it. Monday and yesterday showed some very promising signs with just a slight adjustment.

Plus, it was my first round with the Fuji Fuel in the G425 Max and I loved it. Play that shaft in my G400 Max too but for whatever reason it didn't work for me in the G410.

I'm still punch drunk by all the bad play over the last year so I'm still just humbly keeping my fingers crossed.

Driver used to be my strength but I've been in a year long funk with it. Monday and yesterday showed some very promising signs with just a slight adjustment.

Plus, it was my first round with the Fuji Fuel in the G425 Max and I loved it. Play that shaft in my G400 Max too but for whatever reason it didn't work for me in the G410.

I'm still punch drunk by all the bad play over the last year so I'm still just humbly keeping my fingers crossed.

I’m a 4.7 (not for long, 🤣) that can’t break 90 this year-I feel your pain, 😂 ). Couldn’t most of last year either. Closed out last season with 5 rounds near par. Which will screw me in any HC stuff until I play enough for those to drop.

Funny thing is I was scoring while missing FW’s last year. I’m stronger this year and it’s going a little longer and I’m finding more of them. But I can’t stop chunking everything else.

41/45 = 86 first time at Iron Valley, with some pretty intense wind. Fairly solid front 9 except for a sloppy first hole and a 3w in the drink chasing a par 5 in 2. Back 9 was just meh, couldn't make anything happen - a bunch of bogeys, a double and a par but no lost balls.

Best round of the year so far given the difficulty of the course and the conditions though. Hopefully the good rounds are coming... Just really not capitalizing on short iron opportunities. Need range time.

45 / 40 - 85 today

3 doubles on the front, so starting to play better :drinks:

Today I shot a 35 on a par 33 nine hole course. It's the first time I've broke 40 on this course since I started playing it in the late 1980s. The wind was blowing around 20 mph with gusts up to 30. I teed off about an hour after finding out I won a Cobra speed zone extreme from @USAF Ret in Wis and @Golfers Anonymous .
Thanks for the good vibes fellas.

75 - with 3 birdies and 3 of 4 par 3's with a bogey... felt good today - but could have been really special if I can figure out my Par 3's.
Here's the shot that will bring me back!
Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 3.59.51 PM.png

36-38 = 74 today on the home course. This round really got away from me towards the end. Got a little loose and lost focus and resulted in 2 bogies in the last three holes (both 3-jacks). Had a realistic shot at even par round. The good news is I got in everyone's pocket and +2 is a great round of golf. I was shocked at the 3 jacks today. The 2B10 has been so rock solid the past few weeks. Always tomorrow.

Back