What did you shoot today?

Had a top 3 day today. Shot a 35-37-72. Every part of my game was clicking and minus 2 errant tee shots I would have easily been under. Had 4 birdies, a double and 2 bogies. Let’s see if I can do this again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+9/+4 for an 84 with 2 birdies, 31 putts

39 - 37 - 76. Thankfully my short game woke up on the back nine after about a month long slumber. Only hit 2 greens and got up and down on 6 or 7 holes. 1 birdie, 12 pars and 5 bogeys.

Only played 9 today because of the wind.
38 5FIR 5GIR and 15 putts.

Pretty awful 85 today if I’m being honest. Started out with a triple on the first hole from 90 yards out in the middle of the fairway 🙄. Tried to salvage the round with a good back nine. I was only 1 over thru 5 till I made a bogey from greenside laying 2 on the par 5 15th when I chipped it past the hole and it rolled over the green. Wedges and putting were awful today 😞

Played Herron Ridge in Virginia Beach today. Not a bad course at all. Irons were back and good, just short a lot as there were some massive winds today. But driver and fwy woods were absolutely garbage. It’s so depressing to have 2 good rounds of absolutely pounding the driver and hitting great fwy wood shots and then have 2 rounds of barely going 230 on your drives. Shot a 95 w/ 33 putts. Hoping my game takes a turn for the better soon. Not sure how much more of this face punching I can take. Hoping for a good round tomorrow. But, big plus of the round is I didn’t have the shanks, but bad news was driver and fwy woods were banana slicing so hoping it’s different tomorrow off the tee.

Last edited:
I played 18 with hilarious clubs and 9 holes in a hilariously schizophrenic way to a combined net +11 and a fun weekend. It's all rain tomorrow, so just THP and television golf.

I shot 76 today, but wow, I felt like I left a lot out there. If I am going to reach this dream of scratch, I have to be much tighter with my game. There is time, though.

I shot an 86 which isn't great, but it is the best score I have had in about 14 years. This is the first year I have played more than twice in that time. It has been a lot of fun and the game is starting to come around a little bit.

48/45-93 yesterday. It was pretty ugly. I got off the tee ok, but struggled with irons and wedges and had a forgettable day putting. It was the windiest round I’ve ever played in and I just never got it going.

Played the back 9 and shot 41 pretty solid after my struggles this winter but I feel like I'm starting to find my groove again.

41/40= 81 in the wind again. 10FIR 7GIR and 34 putts. I have to get the GIR up and maybe have an issue figured out. The putter wasn't to bad, distance control was good, just couldn't get them to drop .

I'm ashamed, but this is for accountability and transparency. I shot a 103 today in my opening round. Second time on this particular course, but the fact is unless I'm driving, chipping, or putting I'm a mess. Even the driver, which I classify as pretty good today, contributed penalty strokes (aiming issues). Still struggling badly with the shanks on pitch shots. Fact is pretty much any shot from 100-30 yards out advanced about 30 yards and went 40 yards right. I hate to admit it on here, but the facts are what they are. I see tons of room for improvement if I can rid myself of this evil, but right now there's a lot of work to do.

Nothing to be ashamed about. This is a humbling game. It rewards us one day and knocks us in the gut the next. You'll be striping it next time out no doubt!

Nothing to be ashamed about. This is a humbling game. It rewards us one day and knocks us in the gut the next. You'll be striping it next time out no doubt!
Almost guaranteed next round I'll be money with the irons and wedges and a mess off the tee and around the green 🤣

39/35 - 74. 4 birdies. I easily left 3 strokes out on the course, so the scoring is getting close to where I am hoping it can be.

After shooting lights out yesterday I though for sure the wheels would come off today. But managed a 40-38-78. Took me several holes to get warmed up since the range was closed due to rain but overall happy with the round. The only issue is I am focusing on making a complete swing and follow through and now my lower back is beyond jacked. Hopefully it goes away in a day or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 (+8). Longer, challenging course in cold and windy conditions with light rain snd sleet at times. Only 8 GIR today. 12 pars. 7 1-putts but still had 3 3-putts. Putting confidence is growing, and that’s nice to see. Chipping was on fire. I feel ready for the pro-am tomorrow.

81B34DE9-10CB-4D23-B728-27C508643BB3.jpeg

Played Devil’s Point in Virginia Beach today. Course was in a little better condition than Herron Ridge. Tee boxes were not in good condition. But again, went to the range, swinging fluidly and rotating and then to the first tee and it’s like tense city through the entire round! Just can’t figure out why my warmup isn’t transferring to the round or if it’s just a mental thing. I was hitting everything so well and then boom. Nothing. Irons were a little better but driver and fwy woods were garbage. Guess I need some liquid lubricant during the round lol. Anyways, another 95 w/ 34 putts. But the course did have wild goats on it. Lol.
1D68BB2A-C307-4BDD-B3C3-2698C11AB471.jpeg

A 5 over 77. A big part of that was dialing the driver down to 10.5 from 12 degrees. I’ve always struggled to hit a high tee shot, but I can launch my g410 well. As much as I like hitting a nice high tee shot, as a fairly short hitter, I had to dial it down a little to try and get a little more run. I managed to break the shot scope tag on the driver, so don’t know for sure, but I was hitting bombs today. I reckon those 1 and a half degrees were giving me another 25 yards or so.

80 (+8). Longer, challenging course in cold and windy conditions with light rain snd sleet at times. Only 8 GIR today. 12 pars. 7 1-putts but still had 3 3-putts. Putting confidence is growing, and that’s nice to see. Chipping was on fire. I feel ready for the pro-am tomorrow.

View attachment 9006137
Geez thats pretty but very well protected green!!! Nice round. You'll do well tomorrow, just enjoy and have fun.

Played a par 3 course today - first 'round' of the season with only one range session a few weeks back.
I was absolutely stoked on my tee shots that alternated between my PW/GW/54 - normally I struggle with full swings on my 54 but today it just worked!

But then on the other side of things, my putting and chipping was nothing short of atrocious. But, those are all the fun parts I enjoy practicing, so that will come with more time!

Back