What did you shoot today?

Played the last 3 days on 2 different courses and was all over the map with scores.
Friday - Worst round in 5 years.... 101 I could not stop flipping at the ball and hitting everything thin.
Saturday - 83 Stopped the flipping but struggled with the long irons and hybrids
Sunday - 79 Better overall game and 3 lipouts from 8 feet really cost me.

44/37-81 +9. Today was hard work. Wind was howling for the first 13 holes of the day and as you’ll see by my score, it didn’t go well. Holes 14-18 though were 🔥🔥🔥 when the wind stopped. Funny how that works. Could have been better, but this is one time an 81 feels pretty great at the end of the day. For reference, the back nine on the scorecard is actually the front for our course. The apps aren’t updated since we swapped nines this year

7C0CBBD2-E13A-4BDA-B3FD-86595C2E9D8B.png

Golf is an interesting game... Saturday I played one of my best rounds so far of the year with a 75 as I bogied 3 of 4 par 3's. I go out yesterday to play a match-play best ball competition (16 guys from my club vs 16 guys from a different club - 2-man matches) and start off pretty good. Never played the track before but I wasn't worried since my swing felt grooved and I was swinging with ease. Even through 4, my partner wasn't playing super well but we were even, match-wise, and I had 4 birdie putts so far. I felt great! Today would be a win for our team.

Then hole 5 (par 5) showed up where I hit a little flare to the right that sat down in a large divot between some trees - I was in jail. So I decided to take my medicine and punch out - only to top the ball and move it 3 feet forward. Now I have to hit a slinging slice around a group of trees and hope to put myself in a position to get up and down.... Slinging slice = yes... appropriate distance to get up and down = yes. In the fairway to get up and down? = no. Back in jail in the tree line. Overcooked the shot and sent it further into the trees. Another punch out to the fairway. Partner on the green in 3. All I want to do is now hit it close or dunk it for a 5 so partner can really attempt a strong birdie try. Hit wedge, ball hit the pin and then proceeded to be deflected OB as it kicked right and seemed to roll out forever... Pick up ball for me and pray for a team 5.

Lost the swing and my concentration for the rest of the round - partner didn't play well all day as well so we had no chance at bringing home any points for the team.

Love the game, but days like these remind me why we need some days off.

Have a great day everyone.

37 - 38 = 75, on the home course yesterday. It is nice putting two good rounds together (74 - 75) like that. Great golf and made a lot of $ this weekend. I think my friends are tired of me getting in their pockets. The 2B10 was the star for the day with 29 putts. If I would have putted like this on Saturday I would have shot well under par. But that is golf. 2 birdies, 3 bogies, and 1 double for Sunday.

Windy round on Saturday, but managed an 82, then a much calmer day Sunday with an 80. A mixed bag of drives and approach shots, but my LW really came through after having many short sided chips on misse dgreens.

Windy round on Saturday, but managed an 82, then a much calmer day Sunday with an 80. A mixed bag of drives and approach shots, but my LW really came through after having many short sided chips on misse dgreens.
That wind on Saturday was brutal in Lebanon county! Nice shooting in tough conditions.

Had a decent-sized cut playing with the driver yesterday, so I had to fight through that most of the day. Ended up shooting a 77 in wet, soggy, windy conditions. My putting saved me as I was money inside of 10 feet. My GIR% has not been great the last few rounds, but luckily the short game has been there to pick me up. Two rounds in with the Srixon QST Divides and I have two 77's in the books both coming radically differently from each other. So far so good!

That wind on Saturday was brutal in Lebanon county! Nice shooting in tough conditions.
Thanks. It was a fun guessing game. A highlight was on the 2nd hole, wind blowing from left to right. After watching the wind send both of my friend's drives start center fairway and get blown into the right-side pond, I played smart and aimed down the left rough, hit my drive straight where I was aiming, and watch the wind take it right...all the way into the same right side pond. Fun times.:p

Screenshot_20210503-134848_TheGrint.jpg

After some sillyness over the weekend, and a ton of rain yesterday and last night, had to get the game face on for this one. And did early on.

Should have had 5 straight on the front, but I missed a couple makeable putts. Had to play a lot of knockdowns despite it being plug soft and shaggy. The wind there is just crazy inconsistent. Talked with a long time member about it after.

Then things went a little sideways on the back. Got crowded, got hit into, got hit, and got a little of the wrong kind of pissed off. Came through in play. The terrible par 5 bogey, and had kind of just lost my groove, but hung in until I strung 2 beauties together on the last and almost got an Albie. Great way to finish and an overall good round. See if it carries over to league..

New personal best!!!!

Yesterday I had my all time best, 83 amazing considering I only hit 4 greens and previous round was 101
I was over shooting many greens and coming up Just short most of the round.
I wish could say I left some strokes on the course, but I was extremely happy with putting, holes looked like caves as I drilled 2- 15ft putts back to back to start things off with 6 pars in a row..
It has been 4 months since I started working on the new swing and finally I see all the work starting to pay off.
The new irons had me straight all day, I really couldn't be happier at the moment with my game.
I wanted to thank THP for all the reviews and advice from others players in pointing me in the right direction in terms of equipment.

9 pars
1 bird par 5

New personal best!!!!

Yesterday I had my all time best, 83 amazing considering I only hit 4 greens and previous round was 101
I wish could say I left some strokes on the course, but I was extremely happy with putting, holes looked like caves as I drilled 2- 15ft putts back to back to start things off with 6 pars in a row..
I started working on the new swing about 3 months ago, finally I see all the work starting to pay off.
The new irons had me straight all day, I really couldn't be happier at the moment with my game.
I wanted to thank THP for all the reviews and advice from others players in pointing me in the right direction in terms of equipment.

9 pars
1 bird par 5

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

New personal best!!!!

You scrambling fiend. Just amazing! Congrats!

New personal best!!!!

It has been 4 months since I started working on the new swing and finally I see all the work starting to pay off.

9 pars
1 bird par 5

New personal best!!!!

I started working on the new swing about 3 months ago, finally I see all the work starting to pay off.

9 pars
1 bird par 5

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Congrats on the PB. Always a good feeling.

New personal best!!!!

9 pars
1 bird par 5
Congrats on the PB, always a great feeling!

44/48 for a 92 in brutal 30+ mph winds. My game wasn't exactly in tip-top form today, but the wind beat me up and made it even worse. My ball ended up in bad places and it cost me several penalty strokes. 7/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 31 putts with no 3-putts.

44/48 for a 92 in brutal 30+ mph winds.
Winds can really make for a rough day. I imagine our winds here in El Paso are similar to AZ winds and it is no picnic.

I’m a 4.7 (not for long, ) that can’t break 90 this year-I feel your pain, ). Couldn’t most of last year either. Closed out last season with 5 rounds near par. Which will screw me in any HC stuff until I play enough for those to drop.

Funny thing is I was scoring while missing FW’s last year. I’m stronger this year and it’s going a little longer and I’m finding more of them. But I can’t stop chunking everything else.
Very similar here. Currently at 4.5 and for the longest, I couldn't get outta my own way.

I'd shoot enough low rounds to keep the index (what seemed like) artificially low to me! Yet I'd have more high scoring rounds where I'd hack it all over the park.

Madness.

Game seems to be (finally!) coming around.

Windy and rainy today, hard at times, I played through it to a 38/39/77.

13/14 fairways again and the miss was with 5-iron, LOL. Last round was similar in that my only miss was with 3W.

That means, over my last 2 rounds I'm 23/23 fairways with driver. And much longer.

I've recaptured my lost distance that had been leaking away over the past 2 years just by (what feels like) posting up on my right instep and maintaining spine angle through impact. I actually picture my right foot braced as if upon and against an angled tire chock. Keeps me from swaying and helps me to concentrate the swing's energy way more efficiently. No more effort but 20 or more yards, just like that.

Also, coincidentally or not, I put a Fuji Fuel shaft in my 10.5° G425 Max driver over these 2 rounds. Same shaft I've played in my G400 Max. Instantly meshed, love it.

11 greens, 35 putts, 3 birds. Left a lot out there considering three 3-putts, one bounding ball finding OB and another, an unplayable lie.

Saturday: 78 - 72.1/135 6808 yds (Colorado National GC, Eerie CO)

Sunday: 81 - 71.3/132 6718 yds (Mariana Butte GC in Loveland, CO)

My swing seems to be coming into form. :D

Back