What did you shoot today?

Screenshot_20210503-202101_TheGrint.jpg

9-hole group. Wasn't very into the scoring part of it until the bogey from the fairway bunker kind of gave me a kick in the pants. Was good to socialize in the muggy heat though. Felt like summer. 8i on the last was sticky.

9-over 45. 5/7 fairways, 3 GIRs.

Irons were not good, but I somewhat expected it, as I hadn't played in 6+ weeks. I was a little disappointed in the short game and putter, though. Missing a 3 footer to save par is inexcusable.

Personal best all around today. Have been playing since I was 15 and at 56 played by best round ever. Maybe some things do get better as they age......hahahaha. Strange game for sure. Played the same course on Sunday and shot a scrambling 77. Today was one of those days that every shot was flushed and didn’t miss but one shot. Crazy game

-6 for a 66
5 birdies and an eagle hole out from 129
1 bogey ( from 125 yards out)
14/14 FW hit
16/18 GIR
30 putts

course rating/slope - 71.2/130 at 6450 yards

Last edited:
36/44 for an 80. I should be happy with that, except that I was even par after 10 holes and +8 for the next 8, including two doubles and a triple. 4/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 30 putts.

Net -3 with 10 birdies and no real mistakes on 6856/72.8/137. Brought a mixed set with some blades to video harass another forumer, and I think it actually helped me focus a bit. Hit mostly irons off the tee to work the blades on approach and was real sticky all day. Putter was mostly working, and one greenside sandie on the only missed green. Had to run to the hospital quick after 4, and when I got back I got to play with a friend I never see, who's real good, and a good guy. I think that helped too. It was a good day.

Last edited:
37 - 37 - 74. Finally saw some signs of a draw and a short game coming back which I have been sorely missing both for the past couple of months. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeys.

Personal best all around today. Have been playing since I was 15 and at 56 played by best round ever. Maybe some things do get better as they age......hahahaha. Strange game for sure. Played the same course on Sunday and shot a scrambling 77. Today was one of those days that every shot was flushed and didn’t miss but one shot. Crazy game

-6 for a 66
5 birdies and an eagle hole out from 129
1 bogey ( from 125 yards out)
14/14 FW hit
16/18 GIR
30 putts

course rating/slope - 71.2/130 at 6450 yards
That is awesome!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

39/38 for a 77 on a 135 slope rating. 12 GIR. 6/12 fairways. 32 putts. 3 birdies. I am still leaving quite a bit on the course, which is frustrating, but also exciting, because when I eliminate the loose play, I will be close to reaching my goal.

43/45. Net -9. First time breaking 90!

Emergency 9. Shot 40 with a double and two birdies (back to back in fact!).

Shot an 85 on Sunday. Course Kissing Tree in San Marcos Tx. 71.6/131. I am pleased with it and how I hit during the round. Irons, Wedges & Putter played well. Lost probably 2-3 strokes from the driver. I highly recommend the course if any other Central Tx golfers read this!

Shot a 90 while on vacation. My swing changes haven't fully driven in. Neither does 3 out of a bunker help.

Screenshot_20210505-133744_TheGrint.jpg

Wild ride at the end. Was leaking serious oil, but pulled out a birdie on the last after a bad drive, layup, good wedge to 4'.

Need a golf break for a day or two. I'm tired. Lol.

Beautiful day, windy, soggy CPO, and first time I've hit every par 3 there, so there were some good things. Some bad drives though, a not great bunker shot, and a god awful pitch. I'll take that score for sure, but it could have felt better.

Went and played the Texas Rangers course in Arlington Texas today. Stupid Beautiful and nice...OMG how can they have such nice greens and everywhere else fails so much in comparison. I shot 81 with a double on the last hole and that was just a stopped bladed chips shot followed up by a chinked one....IMG_1207.jpeg

42/42 for an 84, and I'm pretty happy with that considering that the putter was the only thing I had even halfway working today. Was spraying the driver all over the place, chunking fairway woods and irons. Short game was fair to middlin', which was good because I needed it to keep me in the game. 3/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 29 putts with no 3 putts.

42/42 for an 84, and I'm pretty happy with that considering that the putter was the only thing I had even halfway working today. Was spraying the driver all over the place, chunking fairway woods and irons. Short game was fair to middlin', which was good because I needed it to keep me in the game. 3/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 29 putts with no 3 putts.
That's a good round. Way to fight it out, dude. (y)

41 - 37 - 78. Seems like I either made birdie or bogey or worse on about every hole. Closed it out with birdie - birdie to keep it under 80. Had 3 doubles along the way and a bunch of bogeys.

40/39 the 40 with 2 birds and a double on 9....Fun round as I played with a guy who hit a few 350 drives....

Golf once again reminded me today of why we love this crazy game so much and it’s not always what we shoot but how we got there. I was a bit indifferent late in my round after missing a 3.5 foot birdie on the 10th hole and lipping out twice for birdie on the 12th and 15th holes and making a dumb mental mistake bogey on the 14th.

After a solid tee shot I got a perfect number(105 yds) for my SW from the middle of the par 4 16th fairway. I made a good swing and watched with my good buddy Bill as the ball landed 6 feet short of the flag, hopped once and then disappeared. He asked, “did it go in”? and that was all I needed to hear to confirm what my eyes were telling me. It was my first eagle on that hole in 3 years as a member and it was enough to lighten the mood of the entire foursome. The good fortune continued on the long par 4 17th hole with Bill sinking a 30 foot putt for birdie and the rest of us making par. The 18th hole is a very gettable 510 yard par 5 and after a blocked tee shot that hit a tree my thoughts of making birdie were dashed. I had 246 yard blind approach that I hit squarely and it finished just a yard off the green about 50 feet away. The chip shot was uphill but had a 8-10 foot break and I was just hoping to get it a few feet below the hole and make birdie. The golf gods decided it would be better if it went in and a lot of laughter and high fives ensued after I made my second eagle in the span of 15 minutes and a perfect finish to the round. The beers in the clubhouse tasted especially good afterwards and I was happy to pick up the tab. :)

Last edited:
After shooting my personal best of a 66 on Tuesday, thought I would really suck today on the beast. Played Bethpage Black today for the first time this year and shot my personal best on her with a solid 75. Rough and fescue was cut down along with a NW wind that made the beast was very playable.

+ 4 for a 75
12/14 FW
14/18 GIR
35 putts

No birdies and 4 bogeys. The Srixon irons are the best I have ever played. If get a chance, hit them and you won’t be disappointed.

Back