What did you shoot today?

Played 9 tonight and shot an absolutely embarrassing number. First two holes were throwaways, then I found my swing for tee shots and irons, but approach/putting... oh boy do I ever have an opportunity to improve there.

My last round was a pleasant "meh."

81 was the score but I made 11 bogeys and 7 pars. I was staring at double bogey with 4-6 foot putts on four of the holes and needed a sandy to save bogey on one and I converted all 5 of them to avoid any double bogeys for the day.

A tale of two nines today. Started on the back and shot a 39, then turned around and shot a 48 on the front, for an 87. Ugh. The back 9 greens probably were running around a 7, and the front nine had to be a 5 or 6 - had two 3-putts on the front, we were all struggling to hit the ball hard enough to get it to the cup. Your mind is screaming at you not to hit it that hard when you know full well it's still going to come up short. 12 putts on the back 9 (including a zero-putt par), 20 putts on the front. I also wasted several good drives by hitting terrible second shots that either resulted in penalty strokes or left me in bad spots, frustrating. If I could throw away that second nine, I would have been pretty happy with my game today, haha.

Screenshot_20210512-163945_TheGrint.jpg

I talked a friend into helping get me out of the house on an under-the-weather day, and because I am kind, and good, I apparently decided to give him a gross gift for it. I mean, he played his butt off, but my ego probably can't handle that kind of whipping without a little assistance. So, enjoy telling everyone buddy. You're welcome. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. :LOL:

View attachment 9007582

I talked a friend into helping get me out of the house on an under-the-weather day, and because I am kind, and good, I apparently decided to give him a gross gift for it. I mean, he played his butt off, but my ego probably can't handle that kind of whipping without a little assistance. So, enjoy telling everyone buddy. You're welcome. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. :LOL:
Methinks Larry is in for a world of hurt next time you 2 play:D

I struggled on the front nine and didn't hit my first fairway until the 9th hole. My first birdie didn't come until the 17th and wound up with birdie on 18 as well for a 1 over round. I cracked the face of my 4+ year old Epic SZ driver on either the 1st or 5th tee shot which is amazing timing as my Radspeed arrives tomorrow, lol. I used a demo SIM 2 8* with a 6.5 HZRDUS Smoke RDX black from the clubhouse for the back nine and actually hit all but one fairway with it. It seemed about 5 yards longer than my old Epic SZ but it was likely the extra inch of length on the shaft.

Methinks Larry is in for a world of hurt next time you 2 play:D
Just setting him up... ;)

In truth, he'll probably just ride this until the end of time, refuse to every bet again, and generally be a pain in my ass. Lol. Should have stayed on the couch.

79 (40/39). 2 birdies. Strange round. Fairly strong wind from the north. Hit the ball well. 13 GIR, including 7/9 on the back nine. 3 3-putts. Struggled with pace on the greens early, rolling putts 10 feet past the hole on #1 and #2. Finished with a triple 7 on the final hole. #18 is a beast. My tee shot was 2 feet in the rough on the left side, and at that point it was game over. I went from rough to worse to the green side bunker from hell. It was at least adventurous. Hard course. The rough is brutal. The ball kind of floats in it, and it is thick and sticky. It just grabs the club. Get out of position and shot making was hope and pray golf.

I played with some friends from work for a co-workers 60th birthday. My back has been absolute junk for two weeks, flaring up again bad on Tuesday just before the round. I honestly should not have been swinging but it was a social occasion and I wanted to be out there, so I made the best of it. We played white tees, had the course to ourselves.

Front nine was clubbing up a bunch and just trying to keep moving... 42. Back nine I started off with 5 pars and came it a 38. 80 on the day.

Weird parts was the statistics on this one. Playing forward tees and a swing speed down 15-20%, I managed to hit 10 or 11 fairways and 14 greens. Those are real high numbers for me. Putting was relatively awful 38 putts. I missed 3 good birdies chances inside 6 feet and 3 putted a couple from inside 25ft.

Played my first round since my first sub 80 round ever, 76 on Sat. The Golf God's certainly got their pound of flesh through 8 for the gift they granted me on Sat. +12 after 6 holes, had a double, triple and quad bogie in that mix, and +13 after 8. Then went 3 under for the next four holes and ended up finishing +17 at Harding Park from the blues, 48/41. VERY happy with the round on the heels of a personal best, and I feel like the Golf God's were appeased after 6 and have moved on.

Last edited:
44-43 for a tough 87. I was 3 over after 7 and doubled 8 and 9. I never got back on track after that. On the bright side part of the issue is I was really striping my irons today. Like a club and a half long. There is a reason for this and I’m just gonna have to adjust as I expect this to continue.

Screenshot_20210513-192435_TheGrint.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how to sort out what happened after this with thegrint's new format randomly wiping everything, but needless to say I got back on track in a big way today. Back side was good too. Lots and lots of fun. Approach game and putting were on fire.

Last edited:
Played my first round since my first sub 80 round ever, 76 on Sat. The Golf God's certainly got their pound of flesh through 8 for the gift they granted me on Sat. +12 after 6 holes, had a double, triple and quad bogie in that mix, and +13 after 8. Then went 3 under for the next four holes and ended up finishing +17 at Harding Park from the blues, 48/41. VERY happy with the round on the heels of a personal best, and I feel like the Golf God's were appeased after 6 and have moved on.
Lol I had my personal best last week and the very next round was a blood bath.
But today redeemed myself.
I suspect the golf gods will be waiting.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Um, something good is happening for me with golfing right now. I shot net -4 today on a 7051/74.8/137. 12 fairways, 15 greens, 24 putts, and a lot of birdies. I actually missed my first 3 good looks. All around 7-11 feet. Then things turned around though and it just kept building. Lots of fun. Driver game was real accurate, iron game really good, and M Craft IV absolutely caught fire again.

Going to goof around with the wife over the weekend hopefully and then maybe play something serious next week to press the good fortune.

37 - 39 - 76. Back 9 was a mess (bogeys on 5 of the first 7 holes) then finished it up with back to back birdies on 17 and 18. 3 birdies, 8 pars and 7 bogeys.

87 (+16); only 5/13 fairways hit and 4 GIRs. 3 penalty strokes on the front nine killed me. I also need to improve my club selection when the wind is blowing like it was today. My iron play also continues to disappoint.

This was an 'away game' for me, at a place with legit, well-kept greens. They were so much better than what I'm used to playing on at my home course. I was very pleased to have no 3-putts, even though the longest putt I hit was from 12 feet on the practice green before we started.

An ugly 47/46 for 93. It was an 'away' round - nothing particularly difficult about the course design itself, but 25 mph winds didn't help anything - nor did the fact that they recently punched their greens and didn't sand them properly, so they were both real bumpy and lightning freaking fast. After the first few holes my putting just came unraveled - I lost confidence in my reads and couldn't get anything right. Had 39 putts total, with four 3-putts.

I was also having a tough time with distances. I've played this course several times before and never experienced it like today, but what my GPS and rangefinder were telling me didn't agree with what my eyes were seeing. Everything looked much shorter to my eye than what the distances were saying, and I was having trouble committing to my approach shots because it felt like I was going to airmail every green by 20 yards. I even asked my cart partner several times to shoot pins with his rangefinder to make sure what mine was telling me was correct. On some of them I knew I needed to club up because of the wind, but even then as I'm hitting the shot my mind is telling me to ease off on it because you're going to hit this clear to the next tee box stupid, and what are you even doing??? Needless to say I missed a lot of greens short today (10 of them, to be exact).

Weird day, but at least the weather was nice other than the wind - sunny and 85 degrees - and the company was good.

First round in almost 3 weeks. Perfect weather here finally, started off a little rusty then finished strong. 41/36 for 77.

42-39 --> 81 today at Eastman Golf Links. I have a pattern so far this year of starting out slow the first six hole and then coming around and playing well the last twelve. Three double bogeys did not help much, it was a pretty steady round otherwise. ON the back nine I was one over through 16 and then got sideways.

1621039160378.png

Back