What did you shoot today?

second 74 in a row. irons are absolute 🔥🔥🔥 right now. left work and went straight to the first tee, and got paired with 3 of the nicest guys i could have asked for. it was an absolutely blast, and felt great to put another really solid round together.

second 74 in a row. irons are absolute 🔥🔥🔥 right now. left work and went straight to the first tee, and got paired with 3 of the nicest guys i could have asked for. it was an absolutely blast, and felt great to put another really solid round together.
Got an alert on this score earlier. You're killing it man!! The Honma's are legit!

Net -3 in practically standing water conditions. 13 fairways, 16 greens, 26 putts. Last one was the thing today. Feel like I putted really well. Swing feels a little better. Need it to dry up at some point though. This wet stuff is getting old.

Shot -3 69 today from our tips which was my first round under par from those and best buy 3 shots. Birdied hole 3 and 7 which are both par 5’s. Had a bogey on 9 and then made par until I birdies 17 and 18. We were playing a Wolf game too so the birdies on the last two holes paid pretty damn good!

Got an alert on this score earlier. You're killing it man!! The Honma's are legit!

short game was really solid too. two up and downs from greenside bunkers. more up and downs than failed. that is an enormous thing for me.

Net -3 in practically standing water conditions. 13 fairways, 16 greens, 26 putts. Last one was the thing today. Feel like I putted really well. Swing feels a little better. Need it to dry up at some point though. This wet stuff is getting old.

you’re a beast

LOL - send some of that up this way! hasn’t rained here in 2 weeks (I’m just super salty because we had our sod laid at our new place exactly 2 weeks ago and it’s been like 90 every day - should be a fun water bill next month!)

LOL - send some of that up this way! hasn’t rained here in 2 weeks (I’m just super salty because we had our sod laid at our new place exactly 2 weeks ago and it’s been like 90 every day - should be a fun water bill next month!)
Oh man. That's the worst. I'm a contractor, and I feel your pain on this brother. DEEP. lol

I shot 2 over for 38 in league tonight. Opened with 7 pars in a row which is probably a record of some sort for me. I got up and down 3 times with 1 of the putts outside 10 feet. Nuked approaches over the greens on the last two, I think the adrenaline was kicking in.

Shot -3 69 today from our tips which was my first round under par from those and best buy 3 shots. Birdied hole 3 and 7 which are both par 5’s. Had a bogey on 9 and then made par until I birdies 17 and 18. We were playing a Wolf game too so the birdies on the last two holes paid pretty damn good!
Congrats on the milestones man. That's a big round! 🔥

91, again! on the 3rd different course in a row - how is that possible? But, played 18 with my daughter - it was awesome - have not played 18 with her in years - between getting in shape and her being away for school etc. It worked yesterday. And she even broke 100 - first time ever for her - and while she did not exactly pay the ball completely down - she played really well - toughest muni/daily fee in No. VA (I had promised her we'd play it when she failed to qualify for state her senior year because she called a penalty on herself). Finally go to do it. And, to top off the perfect day, she bought me a new shirt (like I needed one) in the pro shop while I was putting the clubs and stuff back in the car - she had wanted to get me a shirt (from Bad Birdie) years ago but they were out of stock, well the shop had them. It was the 'Day Pass' shirt, she has good taste - said it would match the shoes that my other daughter gave me.

Life is good.

Walked 5 holes last night, was 7-over [ :sick: ], and had a total of 3 good swings. I haven't played much this year, and it shows.

Last edited:
Last night's league round was a bit trying. I finished birdie-birdie for a 42 and one shy of my quota. Team won the game, got closest to the pin with 6'-1 3/8" on a shot that felt like garbage. Made that putt and dropped a 25 footer on 9 after taking more club because of the wind and going right over the flag. The other guys on my team were playing well, so I felt like an anchor until that first birdie. Drag you down anchor, not batting cleanup or last leg of a relay anchor.

77. 39/38. Pretty solid round. Had a few lip outs and burned edges but also made a couple of longer putts.

83. 41/42. Hit the ball ok, had a couple questionable club choices and literally made nothing with the putter even though I was around the hole all day. Did have one birdie though so theres that.

38 - 38 - 76. Swing wasn't great today and my sand putting prowess took a step back. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

102. Had my driver shaft break on the 1st tee. It's was that kind of day.
Only lost 1 ball all day but too many chunked shots.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

9 holes. Double bogey on the first with a new driver. Two birdies. 3 over for 38.

Did not play and cancelled our tee time. Cold, windy and rainy so this old fart just called it a day. Never used to do this I would play in all kinds of weather with relish. It is tough to get old and realize you are not the same person as you once were.

First round in two weeks, 42/43 for an 85. Predictably I had a little rust, especially in short game and putting - nothing was working particularly well, but nothing particularly horrible, just 'meh' all around. 7/12 FW, 7/18 GIR, 36 putts with two 3 putts.

79 today. First full round with my 14 Cobra Clubs. a few irons I felt I miss hit yet they still were ok. Very wet and most every drive was a mud ball. The Vintage Nova was all over the hole just not burying most.

I played a really cool course in RI called Sakonnet yesterday. It is a Donald Ross design from the 20s. Not super long at just under 6400 yards from the back tees but typical Donald Ross greens with slope to them where missing them in the wrong place is a problem. The course is right along the Sakonnet river which leads into the ocean. I shot a solid 75 which was +5.

It was an interclub match where we had 4 teams of 2 against 4 of their teams. We played the pro and another member who was about the same as me and my partner with a 4 on course handicap. It was a great match that wound up halved when unfortunately my partner and I both 3 putted the 17th hole. Nobody ever had more than a 1 up lead on the match.

My driving continues to be solid with 9/14 greens. I am a bit disappointed in my iron play still. I hit 8/14 greens. I had a couple of shots where I got hurt by not knowing the course but still missed more greens than I would like. I chipped and putted well with 28 putts and get up and down 6/9 times. Highlight of the short game was jarring a wedge on a par 4 I was in trouble on for a birdie. On that hole I missed the fairway by only a couple of feet but was in a terrible lie and had to play up short to 55 yards. The wedge was perfect and just barely rolled into the hole.

Once again I was the shortest hitter in our group but had the second lowest score behind the pro. They got a kick out of my 9 wood which I continue to be happy with.

I am wondering if there might be a better fit than my current irons. I got fit for the Apex 19s last year and I feel like I am missing more greens than I should. For the season I am hitting 43% of greens. 24% of my misses are short but some of that could be due to the difficulty of my home course and how playing short of the green is the vastly preferred miss. 18% of my misses are left.

I am hitting 62% of fairways with 17% of misses being left here as well. I am averaging 32 putts which seems ok. I do think in general my short game could be a bit sharper. While it was pretty good yesterday I haven’t practiced it much this year I am going to be get some practice time in this weekend

I played a really cool course in RI called Sakonnet yesterday. It is a Donald Ross design from the 20s. Not super long at just under 6400 yards from the back tees but typical Donald Ross greens with slope to them where missing them in the wrong place is a problem. The course is right along the Sakonnet river which leads into the ocean. I shot a solid 75 which was +5.

It was an interclub match where we had 4 teams of 2 against 4 of their teams. We played the pro and another member who was about the same as me and my partner with a 4 on course handicap. It was a great match that wound up halved when unfortunately my partner and I both 3 putted the 17th hole. Nobody ever had more than a 1 up lead on the match.

My driving continues to be solid with 9/14 greens. I am a bit disappointed in my iron play still. I hit 8/14 greens. I had a couple of shots where I got hurt by not knowing the course but still missed more greens than I would like. I chipped and putted well with 28 putts and get up and down 6/9 times. Highlight of the short game was jarring a wedge on a par 4 I was in trouble on for a birdie. On that hole I missed the fairway by only a couple of feet but was in a terrible lie and had to play up short to 55 yards. The wedge was perfect and just barely rolled into the hole.

Once again I was the shortest hitter in our group but had the second lowest score behind the pro. They got a kick out of my 9 wood which I continue to be happy with.

I am wondering if there might be a better fit than my current irons. I got fit for the Apex 19s last year and I feel like I am missing more greens than I should. For the season I am hitting 43% of greens. 24% of my misses are short but some of that could be due to the difficulty of my home course and how playing short of the green is the vastly preferred miss. 18% of my misses are left.

I am hitting 62% of fairways with 17% of misses being left here as well. I am averaging 32 putts which seems ok. I do think in general my short game could be a bit sharper. While it was pretty good yesterday I haven’t practiced it much this year I am going to be get some practice time in this weekend
Have you thought about a different shaft in the irons, that could help dispersion a bit. I went from Recoil 95 F3 in my Epic Forged irons to a Modus 120 stiff in my ZX7's and my dispersion has tightened up and my GIR is up considerably this year so far.
Sounds like you have a solid short game and that is where my game save me and helps me keep scores respectable.
Great round!!!!

Back