What did you shoot today?

Shot my son with a water gun 🤣

I honestly don’t know. I played 5 holes after Sunday brunch at the club. I have been playing well but if you would have told me I shot 40 for 5 holes I would believe you haha

I honestly don’t know. I played 5 holes after Sunday brunch at the club. I have been playing well but if you would have told me I shot 40 for 5 holes I would believe you haha
As long as brunch was good and you can laugh about the golf it sounds like a win to me!

As long as brunch was good and you can laugh about the golf it sounds like a win to me!
Their Sunday southern brunch is divine. Then I got to stroll the fairways with GG, so yeah it’s a win

But I thought the new combination was 6/6/6? ;)

Honestly, I have no idea how this happened. I glanced at Arccos when I ended the round, and said to myself "no way that number is right". I checked it THREE times before closing the round. I guess four birdies makes up for a couple of sins;)
Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 3.28.19 PM.png
As the numbers show, it wasn't a strong accurate driving day, but a very solid day with the flat stick.

39/43 - 82. 6 pars and 3 bogeys on the front. 2 doubles and 3 bogeys on the back. Great day for golf.

35 - 35 - 70 (-2). It is amazing how I can go from having limited, painful range of motion yesterday to full, pain-free range of motion today. Pretty much to the point where I have to be ready to play two completely different styles of play when I go to the course depending on whether the arthitis flares up or not. Was hitting about 1.5 clubs less today than yesterday. The one that really stuck out was my drive on a short par 4 that you have to play for postion off the tee unless you are a serious bomber and can go for the green. Yesterday I hit a solid, slower, less than full swing 3 wood and was left with 108 to the flag. Today I took a normal swing with a 5 wood and had 87 to the flag. 4 birdies, 12 pars and 2 bogeys.

Carded an 80 today. Should have been better but happy with the score. Unplayable plugged drive in hazard
2 good looks at birdie on 17&18
Some others for sure, would have liked to get back in 70s. Been a minute.

42/45-87 today. Rough round with the full swing today. Short game and putting pretty strong, but pretty disappointed I didn’t bring it today.
BA8B3353-516B-4687-9305-D79F78439044.jpeg

42/38 = 80. I'll take it.

But I thought the new combination was 6/6/6? ;)
It is, at my course it drops you at the club house at 5, 7, 9, 14 or 18 though haha

43/42 = 85 today with 39 putts and 9 greens hit. Those of you astute viewers out there will notice this is exactly the same number I reported a week ago... The good news is, this course is substantially tougher on and around the greens and much longer, so I'll take the progress. My putting is still just not ideal considering how well I am hitting the ball, particularly off the tee, but I'll keep working at it. And any day out on the old, gorgeous Donald Ross layout at Schuylkill CC is a win for me!

43-48=91 Was tied up thru 16. Buddy stuck his shot to 8' on 170 yard par 3. I played for a draw and pushed it + straight. Ended up with a drop off the cart path. Wedge ran past the hole, putt back just missed. Blocked my drive on 18 into the weeds. Hit the next perfect around a big tree to left edge of fairway. Again just missed a putt. Lost by 3...

Progress. Driver behaved well, and didn't penalize me when it didn't. My wedges were much better, too. Happy with a +11 after posting 4 rounds in a row in the upper 80's. The chip in on 5 was an added bonus!

1623676814841.png

Friday - 42-39=81
Sunday, different course 41-40=81

Still not trusting the new knees and being able to completely turn through the shots. :mad:

Shot 85 today. El Dumbo couldn't figure out that the greens hadn't been cut until afterward as they were aerating and I had to start on 2nd hole....Daaah So I rolled 7 balls right where I aimed them right over the high side lip....Play was ok other than that.

44/40 for an 84. I'd be happier with that score if I hadn't finished with 3 doubles in a row. We played as a fivesome, we were stuck behind a league (who were playing 2-man scrambles and still couldn't freaking stay ahead of a fivesome), had to wait to hit almost every shot, the round took almost 4 hours, it was over 100 degrees, and I was just freaking done.

2/12 FW (which sounds terrible but most of the misses weren't that bad and yielded good lies), 5/18 GIR, 27 putts.

Last edited:
Shot somewhere between 85 and 90. But the good thing was it only took us 2 1/2 hours to play 18. I did finally hit my PING G410 5 wood well today. For some reason I have not been able to hit it well since I bought it 6 months ago. This was the live or die round for that sucker and it chose to live another day. :)

35 - 37 - 72 (E). Started out with bogey on 1 (typical for me) and didn't make another bogey until 17. 2 birdies, 14 pars and 2 bogeys.

Screenshot_20210614-183559_TheGrint.jpg

Hot, crowded, and slow today. Got started well, then got out of position a couple times but did well from them. Decided to work on something on the back 9, but it was packed and some frustration from pace definitely made that tougher to do at first. Hybrid double cross into the water, unlucky drop, and bogey'd a par 5, then missed a green from a downhill lie on the next and lipped out a 5' putt for par. Got sorted out on the next tee and played that adjustment well after. Clipped the flag from 200 and generally on target on approach. Over read a 15' eagle chance on the last, but it was a good finish. Swing felt a little quick on the front so surprised I survived that as well as I did. Had better width and tempo by the end, so that was nice. Met lots of interesting people on the back.

Got my league 9 in just before the rain started, and ended up shooting an ok for me 48 while really rushing through the last three holes to beat the storm. Overall it was an up and down day with a weird statistical stretch. I had a par on the first hole, then starting with the second hole I had, in order, a quad, a triple, a double, a bogey, and a par. I missed my birdie putt on the next hole by about an inch.

Back