What did you shoot today?

45/43 - 88 at El Conquistador GC (Conquistador Course) in Oro Valley, AZ. Driving and iron play were pretty good…and that’s about it. Short game was probably the worst I’ve played in a very long time. It’s only my fifth round since coming back from rotator cuff surgery, so I’m not too dismayed over it. Besides, I now know what I should spending my practice time on!!

Walked 9 this evening and shot -1. 8 pars and a birdie on 9

I shot a happier 110 compared to my previous rounds on the weekend that aren't worth mentioning.
Even better is that it was a full blown mountain course so the fact that the challenge of that didn't completely destroy me made it sweeter.
My flop shots were on point and my drives were working - now if only I could get my irons and putting to follow suit....

mMGJBOc.jpg

ANly3pQ.jpg

38 - 40 - 78. Was just one of those days where very few swings felt right and the results quite often matched those feelings. 1 birdie, 10 pars and 7 bogeys.

Screenshot_20210615-122933_TheGrint.jpg
Screenshot_20210615-122409_TheGrint.jpg

Had to play the back twice. Told us getting there early would get out ahead of them punching greens, but greenskeeper decided he had a bug up his butt at 6:30 this morning, so...

Interesting that the back rates almost a stroke easier than the front. I know the last par 5 on the front is a beast, and one of the par 3's plays longer, but I score better on the front, regularly. Curious. Has to be heavy yardage weighting, but the back takes driver out of sane person's hand on 3 of the 7, so I don't get that. Back is exposed too. You have to fight wind. Anyway...

Don't need to say much to remember this one. Apex Pro/TCB/MB combo. Played Epic Speed on the front. Came out on fire. Fairways were like splotchy rough from not being mowed, and greens were real firm, but managed spin pretty well overall. Switched to TSi3 on the back and tried to have some fun with more aggressive lines and more interesting approach shots. Got suckered into the only bogey by the group ahead. Was a lot of fun. Still playing really well

39-38-77. Could have scored better but made zero birdie putts on our just-punched greens. Putts just would not hold their line or take normal breaks.

Good news is I had a ton of GIRs with birdie chances, thanks to the ZX irons. Really love the feel of the SteelFiber shafts, too. Great club head/shaft combo.

As always, it seems, with my iron game solid, my driver decided to be a jerk. But, recovered well from any missed fairways so it was a wash.

Walked 18 in 90+ heat and ran out of energy the last few holes. Really need one of those MotoCaddy carts!

Sneaked out after work for nine. Shot 44 on a par 37 with 15 putts. Took a penalty stroke on a narrow Par 5 when my fade abandoned me. Rangefinder is telling me I’m driving the ball about 255, which I’ll take, although other clubs are about where they have been historically. Narrowing my stance has gotten my hips back into my swing and straightened (somewhat) my ball flight. Putter helped tonight with curling downhill makes of 16 and 12 feet. I’m 17 over for my last 18 holes, which has me optimistic.

45/43 for an 88. I couldn't hit a driver today to save my life, and irons weren't much better. I couldn't develop any feel for my tempo, and then when you start playing "swing doctor" on the course it just gets worse. Putting was fair to middlin' and short game was working halfway well, which at least kept me in the 80s. 2/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 32 putts.

Had 83 9 pars, 7 bogies and 2 doubles. Hit the ball really well most of the time, but twice during the round I just lost my concentration and made the 2 doubles. A par 5 that I have not been on in regulation this year, I hit my third shot inside 10 feet. Of course I got to amped up and pulled it, but I did make a nice par. This was the first time in a long time that I was in the zone for about 10-12 holes. Boy it felt good and it was the first time I felt I could do any thing I wanted during that time.

second 74 in a row. irons are absolute 🔥🔥🔥 right now. left work and went straight to the first tee, and got paired with 3 of the nicest guys i could have asked for. it was an absolutely blast, and felt great to put another really solid round together.

1623880798878.gif
All that work is paying off!

Net -3 in a real fun one I hadn't planned on taking that seriously, but after birdie, birdie, birdie, eagle consecutively I tried to keep it together. Good irons, even from out of position, and holed an eagle chip. 23 putts on the toughest greens around here was pretty sweet.

That pretty much wiped me out though and I made two large mistakes in league 9 worth 4 penalty strokes and a net +4. Can't believe I couldn't find either of those balls. The grass has grown up.

Played 9 after work last night and shot 40 (par 36)
Just can't quite get that totals shots number to start with a '3' at the moment for 9 holes

4/7 FIR
4/9 GIR
17 putts

I dropped a shot on the 4th hole after my tee shot found the water (not normally in reach for me off the tee unless I really catch one), dropped another on the 5th after my approach missed right and left me with a horrible stance on the edge of the bunker, 8th hole I was blocked out by trees after a loose tee shot, then on the par 5 9th hole I found one of the greenside bunkers with my second shot and thinned the shot through the green due to a lack of sand that wasn't obvious when I stepped into the bunker and I failed to get up and down
So nothing worse than a bogey, but no birdies, although I was still 1 under my handicap for the 9 holes so I am not too unhappy overall

Good league round last night. Shot 34. Guy I played against shot 33 but I won the match 1 up.

Went all Jekyl & Hyde last night. 47-38 for a season low 85. Buddy and I played at a different course in town. Its a Lodge course, basically our local muni. Flat, short-ish but in great condition. Kudos to the management they've worked hard to get this place back to its best life and they are really close.

They switched the 9's a few years ago, no idea why and I don't really like it. Anyways a 3-some jumped our tee time, but ended up telling us to go ahead after one of the guys had tee'd off. I beat it around the first 6 holes, including a trip thru the woods that ended with quad. I wasn't really mad but getting to the point of comically upset. On the 7th, I decided to swing just a little easier and made sure to keep my right elbow tucked in my side. Well, hit a little bullet that rolled all the way thru the fairway, rough, mounds into a little drainage ditch. Next shot wasn't great but I ended up with a 6 to my buddy's 8 cutting his lead from 7 to 5.

Hit another good straight drive on the next hole and hit a 7 wood to the front edge of the green giving me an eagle putt. Settled for par, then flushed an 8 iron long & left into a clay bunker on the 9th. Hit a beautiful wedge out of the dirt, the ball actually hopped an spun back a foot or so. Made a 12 footer for a par for the 47, down 5 to my buddy's 42.

The back 9 is now the easier side but I hit quality shot after quality shot. Made birdies on 14 & 18 for the 38. Would have probably won the match if not for some bad luck on 17. I hit a great 8 iron that came down just to the front left of the green, the ball hit a sprinkler head and shot 30 yards to the left rear of the green. My wedge back came up just short, the next wedge a stopped short and a missed the bogey putt by inches. The 5 really hurt.

So the miraculous turnaround spurred by the simple "swing easy, keep elbow in" strategy..... played all 18 holes with a beat up Callaway Warbird that I found at the end of the last round...:rolleyes:

49/52 for 101. I'll take that for the time off I've had. Lots to work on, but had some good shots mixed in there. I have 0 touch chipping or putting, but that will come with time/practice.

80 this morning 41/39. Had a philesque card with 3 birdies, 3 doubles with a handful of bogeys and pars mixed in

I shot a happier 110 compared to my previous rounds on the weekend that aren't worth mentioning.
Even better is that it was a full blown mountain course so the fact that the challenge of that didn't completely destroy me made it sweeter.
My flop shots were on point and my drives were working - now if only I could get my irons and putting to follow suit....

mMGJBOc.jpg

ANly3pQ.jpg
Is that around Canmore?

74. 37/37. Think I hit 16 greens, but didn't make many putts. Also splashed one on a par 3 for a double. Doh.

It was downright hot. Really hard to focus when temp is around 100 *F. I don't care how dry heat it is.

83 (72.1/135, 6808 yds). Putting was a bit off as I had 5 lip-outs.

But all-in-all so-so round.

45-42 today. Haven’t had a chance to really play or practice for 3 weeks so my short game was off. Putting was just blah, and couldn’t stick the chip shots close enough to tap in distance so too many 2 putts and a couple 3 putts. But drove the ball incredibly well. On a rope all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best round of the year thanks in part to some great driving off the tee. Mizuno STX on fire

40/41= 81

0853D302-5AB9-473B-B302-E7A7002C4933.jpeg
A6EBF013-C393-477A-B7B1-D092A522B3BC.jpeg

39/43 - 82 with back-to-back doubles on the second 9 (we started on 10). I really need to figure out the drop-off on my second 9. It's maddening. Pretty sure it's my tempo. I start swinging too hard as the round progresses.

Back