What did you shoot today?

Net -2, which is getting tougher. I'll take one more like that in a couple days if the gods are willing, and then won't expect to be on the net minus side again for a while.

Played both drivers and the ZX7's. And brought the ZX Utility (20*) that I was surprisingly mashing. 270 pipes. Was flying and rolling well. Real good day off the tee utilizing each driver when appropriate, and think I'll bring them both this weekend. ZX7's with the new ProV1x were real good on approach. Liked that. 27 putts and lost a couple pounds of water weight in the heat.

39/43 - 82 with back-to-back doubles on the second 9 (we started on 10). I really need to figure out the drop-off on my second 9. It's maddening. Pretty sure it's my tempo. I start swinging too hard as the round progresses.
I feel this ^. I start pulling.

69 (3 under) today!!!

Highlighted by a chip in eagle, two birds, one bogey. Bogeyed 18 because I was aggressively trying to get to 5 under.

Driving still needs work, but overall very happy with how I’m trending now.

Edit: two birds on the front, eagle and a bogey on the back

Last edited:
69 (3 under) today!!!

Highlighted by a chip in eagle, two birone boge and pars. Bogeyed 18 because I was aggressively trying to get to 5 under.

Driving still needs work, but overall very happy with how I’m trending now.

Edit: two birds on the front, eagle and a bogey on the back
Nice work and great way to start the summer.

38/40 - 78. Trying left hand low putting grip and so far its working great

95 today 92 yesterday.

41/42 for an 83, scores are finally starting to creep back down. I'm still having issues with the driver but it was better today. Not a lot of GIRs, but I had a lot of up and downs to save pars and birdies. Everything was looking really good until 15 and 16, where I had a triple and a double and killed my chances of breaking 80. 5/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 30 putts. Sort of an uneven scoring day with 3 birdies, 8 pars, 1 bogey, 5 doubles and a triple.

Warm day, it was 97° when we teed off at 7:05, and 111° when we finished at 10:30.

Last edited:
38/35 for 73. A lot of burned edges today from a really low one. Iron play has been really strong lately.

I went to play mostly to dial in wedges for the weekend and spy on my buddies on course lesson, and ended up doing some things....

Let's see.. Best 9 hole score ever, most consecutive birdies ever, lowest total putts in a round.. just pure unadulterated madness. Still can't quite wrap my mind around some of it, but it was fun. And weird. But fun! lol

Need to hang onto these grooves for a couple more days and then it's wife and social time out there for a bit.

38 - 37 - 75. Hit a lot of really good shots and a lot of really bad shots. Only 2 pars on the back 9. Hit one of the par 5's on the back 9 in 2 for only the 2nd time in 11 years with an assist from the cart path (probably would have been about 10 yards short otherwise). 4 birdies, 7 pars and 7 bogeys.

Shot a 78 at Ferry Point in the Bronx, which is my first sub-80 round in too long to tell. Felt fairly routine as well, so hopefully I've got my game dialed in enough to continue low scores for a while....

Played 9 making sure I’m good to go tomorrow for my 2 man best ball and shot a 34 with 3 birdies and 1 bogie. I think I’m good to go :). Let’s hope tomorrow I don’t shoot a 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quit after 14 holes due to hear exhaustion with my wife. We had a twosome join us today and had a really nice time. My wife holed out from 80 yards to an elevated green for birdie. Today was her birthday (77) and we were in cart #7 so I guess it was karma. I played pretty badly today making mostly bogies and a few pars. But it was worth playing just to see here smile when she took the ball our of the hole. :)

38+38 for 76 today at Wasatch Mountain state park Lake course.

Not the hardest course but happy with my 2 birdies and 6 bogies.

I'm starting to break 80 more regularly, my handicap is nosediving and i never thought I'd get to this level so pretty stoked right now.

I shot a 7 over par 41 in my 9-hole league tonight, getting my second birdie of the year :).

First day of a 3 day member guest today. Unfortunately my swing deserted me starting on Wednesday. Wednesday after work I snuck out to play a few holes and struggled. Very inconsistent with everything which is generally rare for me. We played a practice 9 yesterday and things didn’t get much better.

Friday is 27 holes 3 9 hole matches. Scoring is a point to win the match and .1 for each hole you win. If you win 1 up for example winners are 1.1 and losers are -1.1.

This morning my warm up didn’t go great. I was struggling to get the ball on line with pretty much everything. Off to the first tee and I pulled my drive left but not into a bad spot. I hit a wedge onto the green out of the rough which didn’t release and 3 putted for bogey. My partner made par at least so we halved the first hole. My partner and I couldn’t get anything going and I struggled to a 41. My partner who is a 7.6 shot a solid 40. Our opponents had 2 birdies and a net birdie against us and we lost 3 down so -1.3 for us.

Second match was a bit better. I shot 39, my partner shot 40 again and we won 4 up. +1.4 to get us to +.1. We were still bogey free for the day but fortunately our opponents in the second match didn’t play great.

Third match was a great match. One of our opponents ran in a 30 footer for birdie on the first hole so we started out in a hole. We managed to get a win on 2 with a par as our opponents chopped it around a bit. We halved the next two with pars and on 5 one of our opponents hits his approach to 3 feet for birdie to get 1 up again. On 6 I pull my drive just a touch and it ticks some trees winding up in the fairway 160 yards out. I hit a knock down 5i to 6 feet. Our opponents and my partner are all struggling. I am conceded the putt for the win to get back to square. Pars halve 7 and 8. 9 is a pretty long par 5. Did I mention our opponents are in their mid 30s with some serious clubhead speed. I hit a solid drive then a 3W to 115 yards. Both of our opponents are about 50 yards past me. One of them hits 3W onto the green about 40 feet from the pin. I come over the top of a PW and wind up just inside of him. He 2 putts for birdie and we lose 1 down. -1.1 to leave us -1 for the day.

I shot 36 in the final match with one bogey, the conceded birdie and 7 pars. I hit the ball much better.

We are going to have to play well the next two days to have a chance.

I shot 41, 39, 36 so I am trending in the right direction.

Ran the table at Top Golf won all the games by a large margin...not sure that counts as a score lol

103.... 58/45 from the white tees. The course is rated 76.7/129 for women. I shot 45 on the back 9. My 54 wedge was on fire with the touch shots 70 yds. and in. The shortest par 4 on the back 9 is 357 yds. That's usually the longest par 4 I play. Playing 390 - 400 yd. par 4s is hard. I just wanted to see if I could do it.

We won't look at the front 9 because for unforeseen circumstances I didn't get to the course until 2 minutes before tee time. It took 6 holes to warm up.

I thought the four hours I had would be enough for 18. I didn’t count on the two groups ahead of us who thought they could atill make the cut at the US Open. So I only got in 14 holes at a +14/70, flirting with a PB pace. Had a 42 on the front nine with 14 putts, including two in the 8-10 ft range, and one double due to a penalty stroke for a lost ball that all four of us saw land beside the green (see What Ball Did You Play Last thread.) Shouldn’t have let it happen but got rattled when the group behind us sent two drives over my head as we were in a depression on 10. Scored a double and quad in three holes before I got my composure bach. Finished par-bogey. e12 Contact is an awesome ball. I’m now expecting to play bogey golf or better every time I go out.

I'm really perturbed with the 12th hole - it's the easiest par 4 on the course and I made a complete mess of it. Although for 8 through 11 I was channeling my inner @OldandStiff :p I'm not sure what's going on right now, normally I'm better at hitting fairways but with the scores I've been posting I'll trade the missed FIRs.
Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 1.00.42 PM.png

Back