What did you shoot today?

+9 and +2 (1 double bogey on 12), 0 birdies but 1 hung right on the edge from a long putt and the guy kicked it over to me before I could see if it had any chance on dropping

Front 9 was brutal, lost a few balls in the deep thick rough but I'm super happy with the recovery

33 putts, 11 fairways

Had some really nice drives with the new zx7

All in all a great day

86 with two birdies. Had a horrible front 9 driving that led to a triple and two doubles.
Luckily found something with the driver on the back 9! Hopefully I can carry the good driving to next weekend!

42/41 for an 83. The course was a little shaggy today, it hasn't been mown over the holiday weekend. The fairways and tee boxes were almost like first cut rough, the greens were slow and bumpy, and the bermuda rough was deep enough to lose balls in. 7/12 FW, 8/18 GIR, 31 putts with no 3-putts. Two triples killed what could have been a decent score. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 6 bogeys and two triples.

Only got in 6 holes and parred all 6. Had a downpour for at least 30 minutes after I finished 5. After the rain slowed to a dull roar, I hit a good tee shot on the par 3 6th to about 12 feet. There was so much water on the green that I had to give it a hard pop just to get the ball to within 2 feet of the hole. Decided that was enough. Turned out to be the right choice since the skies opened back up as soon as I walked to my car and packed up.

Today we played with two young guys. My wife was playing like she used to when she was a single digit player. The guys were good players in a match play that day. My wife did not miss a shot all the way though to the ninth hole. At that point she told we the heat had gotten to her and she was done. At that point she had two birdies four pars and two bogies. Unfortunately I had 2 pars 6 bogies and doubled the ninth hole. Just a lousy 44. But even the two guys were commenting on her game. I really loved watching her play today and wish she could continue her very good p[ay for some time. :banana::banana:

After my 78 yesterday, I shot an 81 today. Just didn’t have the short game I needed today and I couldn’t buy a putt. Until next round!

I've gotta say, there's good and bad to a course having golfers out there. Under our old management, our course didn't attract anybody during the summer - we basically had the course to ourselves from May to the end of September, just a few members and employees. It was always wide open and you could play 18 real quickly. New management has upgraded the course, restructured the green fees, and now they draw a lot more summer golfers. It's great for business because it pays the bills and keeps the doors open, but it sucks for us. Our group was a foursome and a threesome today, and we got stuck behind a threesome of out-of-towners that went off right before us - we waited on them all day and it was a 3:52 round, which is absolutely glacial by our standards. Ain't nobody got time for that in July in the desert!

Driver was a mess today. Shot a 40-40-80 with 5 doubles, 5 birdies, and 5 bogies. Hopefully I can figure it out before my member member next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two rounds, one I worked my way back from a terrible driver day with an +12 84, but today was rough. I started out well, being +1 after 6, then fell apart between missing chips, pushing drives into trees and being out of position +15 87. It was a tough pill to swallow today.

Two rounds, one I worked my way back from a terrible driver day with an +12 84, but today was rough. I started out well, being +1 after 6, then fell apart between missing chips, pushing drives into trees and being out of position +15 87. It was a tough pill to swallow today.
I always though the name of the game of golf was apropos Some days it is golf and some it is flog. :)

Posted 85 today, but also had a 82 and 84 over the 4 rounds over four days. The bad round was a 90.on Saturday. Pace of play was terrible and I think that lead to a bad finish.

53/40

I am so stoked I made that happen. I said enough. I’m playing good golf. Slowed myself down and took it shot by shot. I actually lipped a few putts so could have gone lower.

First time playing a full 18 with my own clubs since April.

I got off to a poor start and shot 53 on the front while losing 5 balls. Yuck.

I really settled down and shot 43 on the back for a 96, which included two pars and the rest bogeys. No doubles, no triples, no blowup holes. Not my 9 hole PB, but the most consistent 9 holes I've ever played.

75 (+4). 38-37. Favorite course in my area.

Pretty plain front. One bogey, one double thanks to a 180 lip back from 3 feet, rest pars. Left a couple birdies out there that I wish I could have back, but can’t complain about pars.

Back was a little crazier. Started with 3 pars, then birdie-bogey-bogey-birdie-bogey-par.

7/13 FIR
9/18 GIR
31 putts

77. Hit the ball pretty well today, couldn't really buy a putt. Greens were slow and a bit bumpy late in the day.

45/45-90 today. I have a case of the waaaaaay rights off the tee. It’s equally baffling and horrifying. Putted well today and had a few chips to tap-in distance.
AA52AC93-0446-4E8A-9F41-106B34ACA57C.jpeg

Just a block or truly IDFK?
Something small seems to have developed into something big. I hit 7 drives today that were don’t worry, that’s so far right it’ll be over the houses 😖

Something small seems to have developed into something big. I hit 7 drives today that were don’t worry, that’s so far right it’ll be over the houses 😖
Timing. Slam those fire arms over.

47 out / 42 in = 89, had several bad holes, but really hit the ball pretty well. A sand trap really hurt me, I am usually pretty good around the sand, but not this one, took 3 strokes to get out of it, oh I was not happy. Oh well, I call myself a bogey golfer, pretty much sums my score up.

Shot 40/43 for an 83 w/ 37 putts. Putter was cold and the greens were firm and looked fast but were slow as all get out, so really had a hard time with putting today. Had 10 birdie opportunities but made zero. Little disappointed but I know my game is moving in the right direction to be having this many opportunities. Still had a great day. Course was in immaculate conditions. Going to hit the course and range this next weekend around drill to help prepare for the 4 ball tournament I’m in on the 17th. I will say the shot of the day for me was on #9. I hit my drive and was a low one down the left side and caught the bunker lip and it rolled back in. To clear the bunkers was 235. I was still 285 out and hit a beautiful 4 iron out of the fwy bunker to 85 shy of the pin. I don’t think I could have hit it any better. I picked it clean and it had great flight. Driver was descent today and irons and fwy woods were great. Putter sucked! Oh well, still had fun, but had the putter been rolling I would have shot mid 70s.
4365C5E3-6CD5-49EA-A02A-5B4E2094369B.jpeg

38-43 for 81. 3 birds today! I had 7 one putts in today’s round.

Still feeling decidedly average right now. I shot 82 today which isn’t horrible as it translates to a 5.0 differential from the tees I played today but I just don’t feel that settled over the ball and my short game was not great.

I still think the old irons are a bit better my misses are better but I am not making good swings.

I always though the name of the game of golf was apropos Some days it is golf and some it is flog. :)
I was flogged good and proper, that's for sure! I'll sit in the corner and think about what I did... :p

Back