What Did You Wear Today to Golf?

Bonkhead, I actually just bought this shirt the other night from Nordstrom Rack (that place is friggin' evil!). They had a whole rack of Nike Dri-Fit shirts for $22. So, I bought that one then I went to the BX (Base Exchange) the next day (where they price match), showed them my receipt and bought some more of the same style for the same price (minus taxes). By far the most comfortable shirts that are made for golf.

I love them, but you should try Sligo, and a few others. There are some crazy comfy golf apparel we have reviewed out there.

I love them, but you should try Sligo, and a few others. There are some crazy comfy golf apparel we have reviewed out there.

The Sligo golf shirts look great! I get my golf apparel from my wife and MIL, luckily, since I'm color-blind! I'll be pointing them to Sligo.

The Sligo golf shirts look great! I get my golf apparel from my wife and MIL, luckily, since I'm color-blind! I'll be pointing them to Sligo.

Slight threadjack - sorry JB.

Bonknhead - I know other golfers who are color blind so they use those sunglasses made for golfers because they can't differentiate shades. Do you have that problem too?

I agree...I just bought two Walter Hagens at Golf Galaxy made of their dry-fit version and the fabric feels like cotton on the skin, but wicks moisture away and leaves the shirt dry, amazing stuff!

Slight threadjack - sorry JB.

Bonknhead - I know other golfers who are color blind so they use those sunglasses made for golfers because they can't differentiate shades. Do you have that problem too?

Hmm, I've never heard of such sunglasses. I wear some Maui Jim's that are a few years old, but they don't help improve my ability to differentiate between greens and reds. I've seen golf-specific sunglasses to help read greens, but those I've seen aren't for me - are those what you're talking about?

From Saturday:

Slazenger Polo - Black with argyle pattern in the fabric
Columbia Chip golf shorts - cream colored
black leather belt
Nike SP-5 golf shoes - white w/black saddle
Nike Dri-Fit hat - black

Heading out to play with GG.
TW Shorts
Pink Sligo Shirt
TW brown belt
Nike White, brown, red shoes

598569100_yjbB5-M.jpg

JB - You look very nice, but and please don't be offended - you need an iron.

Normally I never leave the house without ironing clothes. But no time today. Here is the hat I am wearing with it. Going all pink it seems.

pink_camo_hat.jpg

Here is GG's outfit for the course. She also has the three tees green hat on that you can win in our ongoing contest for the ladies.

Nike Shorts
Nike Shirt
Puma Belt
Nike Green and white shoes

598571571_VYKT7-M.jpg

JB - You look very nice, but and please don't be offended - you need an iron.

I have a couple of pairs of linen and silk blend shorts that are great for summer because they are very light, but they also come out of the dryer looking like they were slept in. I have to iron them no matter how quickly I get them out of the dryer and lay them out.

Yesterday I wore a green w/ white pinstripe Ashworth shirt, my grey Sligo shorts, white belt w/ THP buckle, Callaway hat and my Adidas shoes. It looked pretty sharp, IMO.

I do need to pick up a white hat.

Love GG's belt! I'm with Diane--JB needs and iron. Spray sizing works wonders, too.

Love GG's belt! I'm with Diane--JB needs and iron. Spray sizing works wonders, too.

Normally it just goes in the steam dryer. And spray sizing is bad for many apparel items.

The funniest thing is, normally if JB sees even 1 wrinkle in his clothing he will take them off and iron them again, or steam them in the dryer. He hates wrinkles.

The funniest thing is, normally if JB sees even 1 wrinkle in his clothing he will take them off and iron them again, or steam them in the dryer. He hates wrinkles.

I am the same way. In college I ironed all my fraternity brother’s shirts when we had functions to dress up for because no one seemed mind wrinkles except me. :at-wits-end: Looking back maybe they did mind wrinkles but just knew I would take care of it for them. :bulgy-eyes:

A good wife would iron them for him. :laughing: :eyepoke: :beat-up:

That would be Hubby's theory.

I was going to use different words but I figured using the words "A good wife would do it for him" could only go wrong. Since GG said that JB takes his pants off to iron them if he sees any wrinkles.

I was going to use different words but I figured using the words "A good wife would do it for him" could only go wrong. Since GG said that JB takes his pants off to iron them if he sees any wrinkles.

Hmmm... I hadn't considered wielding a hot iron while Hubby still had the garment on. I like that! :devil:

Hmmm... I hadn't considered wielding a hot iron while Hubby still had the garment on. I like that! :devil:

:nono: I meant GG taking JB's pants off. Please don't take a hot iron to your husbands pants while he is still in them. Wait...What do I care? Go ahead. Can you post the video after you are done? :laughing:

okay guys, lets keep this one about the clothes we wear. We would not want to ruin Claire's thread...hehe

However a thread on ironing pants while they are still on may be needed.

Back