What do these patterns say?

Bosco...

JB Cobb III told me to do it.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12’ish
If anything. Both have quite a few strokes, definitely more on the 7CH.

B813D35B-27F2-4B0D-B0AB-D50BAE34CD66.jpegB3FAB606-C8F5-42ED-BCD5-15E179E00167.jpeg

That you don't always hit the middle. Looks like you favor the heel on the #7, perhaps the lie is slightly different causing you to stand closer or alter stroke.

Well, that’s for certain. I monkied around with the 7CH weight/length/SW. might try again. My older SC wasn’t so bad I don’t think. I reckon I’m old still using tape vs. lasers and all that stuff. 🤣

B57F04D4-6F36-4850-BD45-8AA1257BBCEC.jpeg

Maybe 100+ on the 7CH and 40-50 on the SC’s? It’s all from 8’ on a putting mat in the garage. I’d imagine things would widen in real life.

What kind of balls are you using? I was expecting you to say >5,000 each. I remember many years ago hitting golf balls at an indoor dome and whatever was on the side of the dome put a black oily finish on the balls that transferred to my irons. Took me over an hour to clean my irons off after that one session. I’ve never been back to that place.

That seems pretty tight I’d guess over 100 putts. Has me curious to do the same.

Do you consider yourself a good putter?

Looking at that dispersion over 100 putts I wouldn’t be very upset. As amateur golfers we aren’t going to make contact in the same spot every put.

That seems pretty tight I’d guess over 100 putts. Has me curious to do the same.

Yeah I want to do this now as well. It’ll be a fun winter experiment to do this in the office comparing the 5k to the OMOI 4.

Yeah I want to do this now as well. It’ll be a fun winter experiment to do this in the office comparing the 5k to the OMOI 4.
And the results if there is a way to try. Would be curious if the 5k stays more online

And the results if there is a way to try. Would be curious if the 5k stays more online
I’ve been needing to find out if I’m going to game the OMOI or stick with the 5k. So doing this impact comparison alongside of a running spreadsheet of results (left, right, make) from rolling them on the putt out matt from 6 or 8 foot would do a lot to give me the confidence I made the right decision on putter going into ‘24.

Gonna go find or order some impact tape today.

Not in the least, but it’s been the only thing I’ve done for months and months. Jman’s write up on the new AI putters got me really curious about the tech and how they came to the conclusion on how to make the insert.

I’m using Titleist Tour Speed balls, not that it really matters. I had a mix but they all felt different of course, so stuck with them. I was a little shocked with the old Scotty because it seems tighter and more centered than the other one. They are the same length, weight, and swingweight. Slight difference in grips though, which is actually some old odyssey grip that looks like a Lamkin and I will certainly be getting another.

I’ve been needing to find out if I’m going to game the OMOI or stick with the 5k. So doing this impact comparison alongside of a running spreadsheet of results (left, right, make) from rolling them on the putt out matt from 6 or 8 foot would do a lot to give me the confidence I made the right decision on putter going into ‘24.

Gonna go find or order some impact tape today.
If you find plain tape without all the marks, post it!

I was a little shocked with the old Scotty because it seems tighter and more centered than the other one. They are the same length, weight, and swingweight. Slight difference in grips though, which is actually some old odyssey grip that looks like a Lamkin and I will certainly be getting another.
Sounds like maybe the head styles might be playing a role?

Maybe 100+ on the 7CH and 40-50 on the SC’s? It’s all from 8’ on a putting mat in the garage. I’d imagine things would widen in real life.

Id say that’s pretty good for that many putts.

Sounds like maybe the head styles might be playing a role?

Maybe, but to be fair I’ve messed around a LOT with the 7CH. I’m thinking it’ll get a do-over now that I’m happy with how it’s set up. I think the strikes might get a bit wider on the green since I’m on a mat and using a mirror, but I don’t think they look too bad. There’s also a SL7 DB in the mix but it’s my least favorite. Not exactly sure how I feel about the shaft.

Latest victim. Hollywood O-Works 7. I forgot how soft the microhinge insert was. Feels like I’m hitting old Balata 90’s.

80285E74-7944-4B27-8631-F2AFC6F6A7FC.jpeg

Back