What do you chip with?

Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
I love chipping with my 60 degree more than any other club. I don't know if it is more where I play, but I can always tend to get spin when I need it and chip it close. Although I love my 60 degree it can get me in trouble sometimes. What do all of you fellow THPers chip with? There is a ton of differential between everyone's preferences. PW, 56, 60, or even 64? and Why?

My foot.

In all seriousness, it depends. I chip with every club in the bag at some point or another. I just have to weight the situation.

Honestly I find myself chipping with everything from my 58* wedge down to my 7 iron.

For chips its all over the place but I would say 60% of the time I'm using either my 56 or 60, and then the other 40% 7 irons, hybrids.

I've heard a lot of people using a hybrid or 7 iron, but I can never quite get it as close as with my 60 haha :D

Normally I chip with my 56* just for the fact that I don't feel comfortable AT ALL with anything else haha!

You can expect an answer like this because we see it in every thread like this but:

It all depends on the lie, slope, and pin position. I range from 7/PW/52/56/60

Most often my 56.

I've heard a lot of people using a hybrid or 7 iron, but I can never quite get it as close as with my 60 haha :D

I don't use the hybrid a lot but I love to use the 7 iron like a putter, and just get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.

Depending on hole placement and how far I am off the green determines what club I use but if I am using a wedge for chipping I usually go with the 56* or 60*. I really like the 60* but yes I do get into more trouble with the flop shots instead of the bump and run situations.

You can expect an answer like this because we see it in every thread like this but:

Most often my 56.

Yeah I realize I'm gonna get a big variety. Maybe I should make my question "Which club do you most frequently chip with?" haha

Been practicing a lot with using the 56* in most situations.

Most often my 56.

That is it in a nutshell, I always carry the club I think I am going to use and a club with more loft and a club with less loft and then determine. If the shot is one that obviously must be played with height, then I carry at least 3 wedges to the ball and then determine.

NIBLICK!!!!

I putt with what used to be known as the PW, the 10 iron.

Kevin

Most often my 56.

This is about the same thing I do. But I'll use anything in between 7- 55* SW.

This is about the same thing I do. But I'll use anything in between 7- 55* SW.

I figured you used the ipad, I hear its great out of tight lies.

My preference is my gap wedge but I'll use any iron below that for what I consider normal chipping depending. I'm not into using my 56 for chipping as I'll scull that one occasionally and it just fell out of favor with me and never tried to get it back.

well you can, you just choose not to

Touche Mike. I've never tried it, but I can't see myself with one and they don't really fit my style. But I guess I won't know until I try haha :D

I use alot of my clubs to chip. I take each hole differently .Elevation, how much run. Never a Hybrid though.

Put me in the 56* group. I do enjoy hooding/delofting it and simulating a bump and run.

Put me in the 56* group. I do enjoy hooding/delofting it and simulating a bump and run.

Why not use a less lofted club and hit a real bump and run, instead of a simulated bump and run?

Kevin

I chip with everything from a LW to a 7 iron, lob shots with any wedge, and bump and run shots with everything from a GW up to a 5 iron.

Back