What do you do for a living?

I work for a delivery company as a driver and part-time as a champions tour hopeful,not paid for the latter.

i work for a family owned landscaping company in the summer and do snow removal in the winter.

Can't remember if I've been on here before so I'll go ahead and submit an answer.

I'm a real estate broker, property flipper and property investment manager in the Phoenix metro area. It's really fun and rewarding and also relatively flexible. Some weeks it's 80 hours and some weeks it's 20-30 hours. The best part is it is very flexible and financially rewarding. The worst part at the moment is evicting previous owners on houses myself or my clients have purchased.

Project Manager for an Electrical Contractor

I'm a scientist/construction worker

I'm a stay home dad. Which means I get to drive my two kids everywhere.
When I've got free time, I do a little work for TP Mills.

I'm a scientist/construction worker

That is quite the unique skill set. Don't know if I have ever come across a scientist that also does construction, or vice-versa.

Rabid Packers fan. Right now I'm at my rabidest.

Kevin

Rabid Packers fan. Right now I'm at my rabidest.

Kevin

Hmmm... perhaps this should be placed into the "unemployed" thread.

*** Da Bears ***

I believe most of us have a fundamental pain called retirement that is not being handled comprehensively in the market place. I help my clients navigate the conflicting financial trade-offs in life so that they do not make decisions that will hurt them later.

Retired NYC Police Officer, here. After 20 years, I packed it in just this past October. I'll play the role of Mr. Mom at least through the coming golf season, even the wife says I've earned an all-I-can-play golf year. After that, time to get a real job. :smile:

I designed single- and multi-family residential subdivisions for many years... until the economy took a dive. No, not the fun part (architecture), the roads, the utilities, the sidewalks, the detention/retention ponds, the pump stations... all of the really exciting stuff. Pfft. Anyway, about 2-1/2 years ago I changed directions and now design transportation projects. Design passing lanes, bridges, signing, striping, storm drainage, roadway widening... all of the really exciting stuff. Pfft. Seriously considering doing something completely different and something I actually look forward to doing.

I designed single- and multi-family residential subdivisions for many years... until the economy took a dive. No, not the fun part (architecture), the roads, the utilities, the sidewalks, the detention/retention ponds, the pump stations... all of the really exciting stuff. Pfft. Anyway, about 2-1/2 years ago I changed directions and now design transportation projects. Design passing lanes, bridges, signing, striping, storm drainage, roadway widening... all of the really exciting stuff. Pfft. Seriously considering doing something completely different and something I actually look forward to doing.

Ah... the civil engineer at its finest. Nothing like water resource planning to get the blood pumping. (My cousin designs pipe flow models for skyrises...)

What's the career change going to be?

Sounds like real life Sim-City Welcome aboard ahh2fly

I make olive oil!

That's awesome!

Since mine has changed, I teach high school science and history, no more coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I studied very similar things in college. Municipal design was my elective. Learned all about that stuff. Final project was drawing up a subdivision showing all drainage and sewers and water distribution. Never actually did any of that after school. Got into fiber optic construction and make the construction plans for telecommunication projects. I often wonder how it would have been if I actually went into my field.

if olive oil comes from olives and vegetable oil from vegetables...where does baby oil come from?

& motor oil?

& peanut oil? Which brings up another point...when you go number 2 and there is a whole peanut in it, you dont really remember swallowing a whole peanut, but there is proof you did

& peanut oil? Which brings up another point...when you go number 2 and there is a whole peanut in it, you dont really remember swallowing a whole peanut, but there is proof you did

Only you One-t. Only you!

DOO DOO

ionno bout you guys but i dont even look to see if whole peanuts are down there let alone try to find one

Back