What do you do for a living?

No kidding, I work for the rep in DFW, worked for the one in Coolidge & am from Moultrie. Small world.

Order entry, boy you guys are tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say it isn’t so . Yes me or Omar May have rejected a few of your orders here and there.

How long have you been gone from this area?

Software engineer for a large financial services company; primarily working on public cloud, containerization (kubernetes), and java spring boot or golang apps

Say it isn’t so . Yes me or Omar May have rejected a few of your orders here and there.

How long have you been gone from this area?

August will be 7 years.

Retired! Now the only thing I work at is trying to keep the ball in the fairway......and not often I might add.

Staff Scientist at Arizona State Univeristy

Work as a manager at a marina and also as head technician. 3 knee and 1 back surgery ended my career as a heavy equipment technician 20 years ago but I needed to keep my nails dirty and my neck red.

Turtlerancher;n8876165 said:
Work as a manager at a marina and also as head technician. 3 knee and 1 back surgery ended my career as a heavy equipment technician 20 years ago but I needed to keep my nails dirty and my neck red.

I own and operate a lawnmower shop. I am also the lead mechanic, I bet we both deal with old stinky gas and gummed up carburetors? Welcome to THP sir.

For sure, half my work is carburetor rebuilds from the ethanol gas. At least this year stations have started to offer ethanol free gas around here.

PS, Love me some 442

Getting near the end of my working career. I did about 17 years as an engineer for microelectronics manufacturing. Then about another 19 years as a senior manager doing either business development or engineering or both at the same time.

Retired from the Air Force in 2007.

Now I'm a field supervisor for an investment company, keeping the field force out of trouble with FINRA.

A smidge over 3 months at a new IT gig in Las Vegas. While I "only" manage IT system analysts, some of the solutions we support is connected to the National Defense of the US. Kinda cool being part of it. (Technically, I don't do anything that cool.)

Switched up my job recently. Now working in forestry. With instability lately in the sector,I’m thinking I picked the wrong time to get into it . I will ride the wave out ,see where it leads me. If not back up plan is in place

K9 handler

Last edited:
Kill trees. I do lawyerin’.

I'm a drafter for an engineering firm. I draw blue prints and plans for civil projects. Pretty cool stuff to work on, especially when you can see the finished product and how it helps the community.

I'd rather be golfing most days though. Office jobs are nice, but it ruins my flexibility and swing speed.

I’m the Emergency Manager for the State of Alaska. Oversee all the day-today operations of the agency, and when the bad thing happens I’m the Incident Commander in the State Emergency Operations Center, and a State Coordinating Officer when FEMA shows up.

Been here 25 years, so I’m also our resident historian. Recently I spent 9 months leading the effort to respond and recover from the big earthquake we had Nov 30, 2018.

Back