What Do You Miss Or Will You Miss About Golfing With The Current Situation

I actually don;t know as of yet. Because our course pretty much shut down overnight without any restrictions prior, I've got no idea what they will or won't implement for opening. At this moment, I'd just be happy to get out and play, so will have to see. But certainly I'd miss the range, and silly things like shaking hands after the round, picking up my partner's tee if it comes near to me and things like that. Honestly have no idea what the restrictions will be as of yet.

What I will miss.....

Foursomes
High fives for a great shot
A cart passenger
Shaking hands after a round
The 19th hole
Not having to talk through a plexiglass shield in the clubhouse
Rakes in the bunkers
Regulation depth cups

Couldn't agree more (y)

I never pulled pins. My course has the foam thing down in the cup so it plays basically the same as it did pre Covid. The course is in amazing shape and pace of play has improved. We didn't close any practice areas either. I ain't missing anything except the handshake after the round, but that doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things. Just glad to be golfing.

We've been able to play without interruption during this whole Pandemic. What I miss is being able to sit down over a beer in the grill after the round. standing outside, six feet apart, having a beer isn't the same thing. What I won't miss when this is over is wiping down my cart before playing since I have no way of knowing how thorough the kids are that they hired to do that.

Hopefully this will all work itself out once people are back working but, I really miss being able to just grab my stuff and walk on a course Mondays. Finished some stuff up around the house this past Monday and called 5 different courses for a tee time and they were all booked full.😑

Everything that is mentioned above which were just taken for granted will be missed until such time as we get a vaccine and fully distributed. What we have become used to will be weird not having for awhile but at least we’ll be playing this great game with friends. It could be much worse.

I think banter throughout the round while riding in carts. I still have a lot of friends colleagues or do not want to play so miss the rounds with them.

Grabbing lunch and beers after the round is probably the biggest downside.

Back