What do you normally do after a round of golf?

Go home, clean myself up then clean the clubs.

Strip club

Pay my debts, lick my wounds, laugh / joke about the round with some drinks among friends.....

After an 18, I usually sit on the patio and have a cold one with the guys.
We tally up the scorecard, B.S. a little on how we could have played better.
Sometimes, if there's time & room on the course we'll do a replay round.

My personal best was on a 3 day Golf Holiday, we did 45 holes a day (riding).
Mind you on the 3rd day, I didn't have the energy for any warm up swings at the first tee.

It depends on a lot of things. A few are the time of year, where I am playing, who I am playing with and what is going on at home to name a few. Usually when I play at my club I grab lunch or at least a drink with the group I played with after the round. Today I played an hour and a half from home so I just jumped in the car and drove home (plus the clubhouse was closed for winter). During the summer sometimes I will head right home and go to the beach with my wife. Sometimes if there is nothing going on at home I will practice. A wide range of options.

weeknight evenings: head home
weekend mornings: head home
weekend afternoon/evening: usually a beverage and maybe a bite to eat depending on where we're playing

One or two beers and discuss/relive all the great and not so great shots of the day.

Depends, if I'm with someone it's usually beers and commiserate about what could have been. If I'm solo I just head home before the Mrs. can get after me 🤣

Go home to shower and change then probably start the honey-do list I’m now 5 hours behind on ;)

Pick up coffee drink for wife and take a nap

Ummm.

Go home.

I dunno what else to say. If with a group that wants to eat or drink I’ll stay with them, but outside of that I’ve got nothing.

Occasionally I’ll go grab something to eat with my buddies, but most of the time I just go home and do whatever comes next. If I’m lucky that’ll include a nap.

If I'm playing at work, then I go straight home when it's over... I live 1 1/2 hours away so... my home time is important.

If I'm playing at home, then I just head home... or to the store for stuff for dinner like I did today.

Most times I head home. Once home I make sure clubs are wiped off, gloves and tees are in correct bag pockets, and I reload the bag with balls if needed. I have to do those things right away because I know I'll forget to do any of it before heading out next time. After that's settled I sit in my comfiest chair and check my myRoundPro app to make any needed corrections and look at my stats. Then I think "Gee that was fun I wish we could find time to go play more often."

Sorry to ruin the family friendly fun but this seemed too perfect to pass up

Since I work off shift I usually head into work.

Change shoes and stow the gear. Grab a beer and hit the patio, even in the hottest weather. As long as it's shaded and a little breeze is working, that's fine. My knees, especially the right, are pretty well shot, and sitting in the air conditioning after a round will get them screaming real loud at me!

That's one of the advantages of a riding cart, you can hunt shade like crazy! On really hot sunny days, we only come out of the shadows to play a shot. Of course, sometimes we can play a shot while still in the shade!

Most times I will grab a drink with the people I am playing with.

As a beginner, I can't imagine what it's like to play 3 to 4 (or 5) hours of golf. Personally, I think I would need a beer or two to take the edge off.

I'm curious, what do you do normally do after playing a round? Go for drinks with golf buddies? Have a meal with them? Go home and relax? Practise putts on the course? Go to a driving range to practise?

What is your routine?
Before COVID, I would typically stop at a local pub and have a pint or 2 and something to eat before heading home. For me its not so much about needing to take the edge off (because I dont really care how well or how poorly I play) and its just that golf is something I enjoy and drinking is something that I enjoy too. Why not celebrate a round of golf with a pint?

Collect or pay my bets

Usually go in the club house, settle the bets, then usually head home. May have a Diet Coke or something (don’t drink alcohol much anymore).

Since I work off shift I usually head into work.
I worked midnight/graveyard shift the majority of my career, so we'd often head out and play 18 in the morning after work. Golf is even more entertaining when you're semi-delirious. :LOL:

Shower then a multi-hour Xbox session. It’s basically become a habit and arguable one of my favorite ways to burn a Sunday.

Usually before the end of 1st 18 my buddy has made a stupid bet he can’t win. A bet that results in him paying for another 18.

Back