What do you normally do after a round of golf?

Depends who I play with.
Non-beer after rounds it's "yes dear, I'm on my way now." That's rare and mostly golfing with my one brother.
Then there are other(most) times which is usually league day it's "we are only on hole 5 and play is slow" which in reality is I got done 15 min ago and we are hanging in the parking lot drink beer
And other times which is weekend rounds we actually go out to dinner afterward and have drinks

We tee off early, so after a round, I normally head home and eat lunch with my wife. Especially in good weather we try to have something planned for the afternoon - a trip to the bay with coffee and a donut (and a cigar for me maybe), or shopping.

Normally, grab a bit of lunch after the round, but at the moment its straight home as the clubhouse isn't open due to current restrictions

Generally straight in the car to head home and warm up!

More times than not it's just head home.

Go home, edit my round, if need be, in Shot Scope all while drinking heavily.

After Weekend rounds with my wife, we often stop at a fish and chip place close to the course. After a round I'm usually down a pint of grease.

Depends on the time of day and who I have been playing with, but it could be anything from heading straight home, having a drink in the clubhouse or sometimes a meal at the club

If it's my home course, typically we just play more golf, and typically its a scramble at that point.

Anywhere else, usually have a beverage and then go home.

~Rock

I pay weekly with a group that averages about 20 players. Drinks, snacks and bet settling at the clubhouse. Then usually 6 or 8 of us go out for lunch or dinner and a few more drinks. If I'm playing with buddy's it's a couple of beers and off to the house.

That's easy, when able to sit and have a couple of beers in the 19 Hole, that's what I do. alc.gif

Last edited:
After 18....I consider another 9 or if there is daylight maybe another 18.

Square up winnings and losses then head home to see my wife and son!

Rush home to softball practice, my son's whatever activity, or the wife and kids for generic family time.

Most of the time I just head home. Then I make a strong drink and fire up the grill, Wife says if I'm going to play golf then I need to cook something on the grill, So I'm grilling out about 3 times a week during golf season

Relish that it was one more round that I beat my son. I don't think that will be a thing by seasons end.

If I don't have a bite at the turn getting food is first thing, and unfortunately it tends to be quick crap food to un do all the exercise I just did. Then I head home and cook/prep some dinner, have a cigar, and relax.. if im unlucky I gotta mow the lawn

Have a couple drinks, settle bets, then if the wife and kid aren't home, I go play another 9 or 18. We usually have a money game that consists of 10-20 ppl depending on the weather. We can almost always find guys to play an E9 or E18. If the Chiefs are on, many of us will go to the local bar near the course and watch/have lunch.

I start almost all of my rounds early to mid afternoon so my after round routine is to head home and eat dinner with my wife.

go home...unless my playing partners were particularly enjoyable that round...then i might have a beer or 6

Immediately after I usually have a diet coke and chat with my playing partners or another golfer we know. They usually have a couple beers. I quit drinking a couple decades ago. Then after about half an hour I head home. I don't normally eat before golfing because it makes me feel sluggish. So I'll pick up something for lunch or dinner depending on the time. Maybe Chinese take out. Maybe Mexican take out. Sometimes just a burger meal. I'll shower after and settle in with the remote. That is pretty much it. Nothing radical or fancy.

My golf buddy is my SO. Most times it is a meal after the round.

When playing with other buddies it's normally a beer, the seeya

Dinner with my golf buddies then home to watch Golf Channel and clean my clubs.

Back