What Do You Overthink?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are looking at your bag in its entirety, clubs, shafts, balls, putter, bag itself, etc etc.

What is the one area you think you over think what is in there?

I would have to say my wedges. I have so many different setups that I tinker with that I think will give me the best opportunity to score. Sometimes I feel I switch of the lofts to much.

i think my bag is fine...it's me that needs fixing :ROFLMAO:

edit: the overthinking is lessons...the instructor i like is not available on weekends and i am leery about searching for another. the easy answer is call out sick on a weekday and go take a lesson but the adult in me says "don't be a child..." but a growing part of me says "shut the f**k up...we're calling in sick and taking in a lesson"

Irons. I even started a recent thread on it. I'm a bit stuck right now with far too much thinking about the many options and what will fit not just my current game but where I want it to go.

Shafts and club length.

I think I've found what works for me from a general setup perspective but I do overthink those two things

I would go with putter grip. I have always tinkered with that to try and get an edge. Been using the Scotty matador that has been nice. I like the super stroke flatso 1.0 and am interested in trying the flat cat. Anything to give confidence over the putts.

• Admin
anything and everything between 5i and driver.

Tees.....when I reach in the bag and pull out a wooden tee I automatically think the ball will go 10 yards less off the tee than if I used a plastic tee. True story.

Tees.....when I reach in the bag and pull out a wooden tee I automatically think the ball will go 10 yards less off the tee than if I used a plastic tee. True story.

before i got the tees from @mikeg_74 , i used to have similar thoughts :ROFLMAO:

Hybrids! They should help me not hurt me!

I think it's the shafts at the top end of my bag. Always thinking there may be something else out there that could potentially be a better fit. Very likely that very miniscule differences have little to no effect on my game in the long run.

The shafts for my fairway woods. As of now it has been a trial and error on the course to find what I like in terms of feel and launch. I know there are a lot of fitting options indoors, but for some reason indoors I tend to not swing as freely as I do outside.

Everything else in my bag is good and I really don't over think any of it. If anything change happens because I want to try something new and not because I am searching for something better.

If you are looking at your bag in its entirety, clubs, shafts, balls, putter, bag itself, etc etc.

Putter and its not even close.

Driver I think. Is it too much spin? not enough spin? am I playing the right loft? the right shaft? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Wedges - bounce, grind, whether to have a set for damp/soft conditions and one for tighter conditions. Or a happy medium. And now wedges that minimize spin reduction in the wet.

Second overthought - putters

I, hands down, over think my wedges. I always take too much time trying to get a smooth swing and my contact with the ball. This is the one area I need to put more time in. I have tried to just go up and swing and hit the ball. That has not work either.

also, when to not hit driver on a hole.

unless it's a forced layup, I should always hit driver.

I overthink when things go wrong. My tee game is definitely up in my head. As soon as USPS makes a delivery, I'll have three drivers in hand. And am eager to demo a 4th once available. Obviously I need professional help.

Gotta be the driver. Its the one area of my game where I am somehow convinced that equipment is going to fix it.
Everything else, is my fault. But off the tee...gotta be the driver:ROFLMAO:
So new driver inbound lol

It would be the shafts in my driver and fairway woods. I'm always wondering if there is a better shaft option for me in these clubs.

Probably my driver shaft. I’ve fixed my slice but seem to push the ball right all the time now and can’t figure out why. Sometimes it’s 50-80 yards right of where I’m aiming with no side spin. Thinking it’s time to get fit.

Definitely my wedges. I keep thinking I need to tweek the gaps.

Driver, all day everyday. If I dont het off the tee I seem to get frustrated a lot more than when my irons are off. Probably because a bad drive is more penalized. After a few bad driving rounds, my online shopping carts begin to fill with potential replacements.

Back